Does anyone bother posting in their team fan forums?

goalnut3133

I just wondered what your experiences were like in posting/commenting in your own team's fan forums? (I've already seen the cross-fire at philly.com with Flyer fans ;) ).

I really have to think, though, that our forum at the Nucks' site (& besides their Facebook page), has got to be one of the most immature, classless, and nitpickiest fan forums around out there. (I know...I know what you Flyer fans are gonna say...lol).

Now, not all of the members on there are like this, of course, but as they say, it only takes a small percentage to rot the rest of the apples in the barrell. However, in our case, I don't think it's even a small percentage. But seriously, one of the members on the Nucks' forum has made a point to track fan comments/posts from the opposing teams' fan forums after every game that we play. The results have been quite eye-opening. He's posted so far fans' comments from St. Louis, Washington, & Detroit after their games against us. None of them were as low-blowing & distasteful as ours in speaking about the opposing teams (& that's putting it mildly!). The classiest, most sportsmanlike comments so far, have come from St. Louis fans (ya hear that @bunnyman? lol).  

Really, they put our fans to shame, (again, not all, but a lot!) & it's frustrating to the decent fans that genuinely just want to talk hockey. Some fans I have chatted with are so disgusted with our team forum that they refuse to post any more comments or start any new topics there. They instead have formed their own 'private chat group'. It's really sad when you don't feel safe to post even a positive comment on there, someone is bound to start slinging mud or try to start an argument with you.

And to be honest, Flyer fans, I really think our Nucks' fan forum has worse posters/trolls than yours, if you can imagine! LOL!  Yes, they have sunk to new levels, which you may not have thought possible.  :(

Here are some of our comments regarding opposing teams fans' posts:

"..its so sad to see that other teams fans have more respect for our team than our teams fans.." 

"Classier than we usually sound after a loss, I'd say. "

"This board could take a lesson from their objectivity and common sense. "

@flyercanuck

Kuato and George do not appreciate the comments that @flyercanuck made. 

Man he was the worst. He would just argue just to argue. We could say, wow did you see that goal by Carter and he'd go on about how he drains the team. I honestly do not think that he watched a single game in his life, but would read the comment section and derail any momentum that thread would have. 

My favorite example was when I posted a question regarding the best punk songs of the 70's. The thread had a lot of juice going and a lot of participation. He chimes in as his normal troll self and turned it into a Lady GaGa love fest. I mean WTF?!?! How do you go from punk rock to Lady GaGa. I swear he was either the biggest @$$hole alive, or the best troll the internet has ever seen.

• Like 1

I don't go into Wing Forums for a reason, I like to think on my own and find it is a lot more fun to post in here as a member of the minority. Rather than follow the flock I would rather make my own path.

• Like 2

I could look for some Chicago sports boards ... but I like this one so much that i'll stay here.  :)

Besides which, I'm so tired from work on most days that I don't have much time to spend anywhere else.  There may be some good local boards around ... but I haven't the time to look now.

• Like 1

I could look for some Chicago sports boards ... but I like this one so much that i'll stay here.  :)

Besides which, I'm so tired from work on most days that I don't have much time to spend anywhere else.  There may be some good local boards around ... but I haven't the time to look now.

Glad to hear  :)

• Like 1

Do you know what's even worse than a Kuato? A FEMALE Kuato....I'm not kidding. She has a rep on the Nucks' forum.  :wacko:

Did she run 95% of the members off and force them to create their own board just to get away from her and her alter ego while she typed in the 3rd person?

Did she run 95% of the members off and force them to create their own board just to get away from her and her alter ego while she typed in the 3rd person?

Do you know what's even worse than a Kuato? A FEMALE Kuato....I'm not kidding. She has a rep on the Nucks' forum.  :wacko:

Every forum has had a person of that description at one point.

Haha...there's almost 84,000 members so I think the mods would nip it in the bud before she could get away with that...it does make a huge difference without mod control...it just implodes. (however I'd love to see her & Kuato go at it, I think she'd have him for breakfast... :o )

I used to post on the Chompboard before it was shut down.

The official sharks forum on the Sharks board is a waste of time.

Much like posting on Kevin Smith's website forum used to be fun before he shut it down(Due to the incredible number of douchebags with a sense of entitlement and feminists who hate his movies who had begun to populate his board). Those same douchebags made an emergency backup board where a lot of the posters went, but it is pretty much a dump of the worst that forum had to offer.

I just wondered what your experiences were like in posting/commenting in your own team's fan forums? (I've already seen the cross-fire at philly.com with Flyer fans ;) ).

I really have to think, though, that our forum at the Nucks' site (& besides their Facebook page), has got to be one of the most immature, classless, and nitpickiest fan forums around out there. (I know...I know what you Flyer fans are gonna say...lol).

Now, not all of the members on there are like this, of course, but as they say, it only takes a small percentage to rot the rest of the apples in the barrell. However, in our case, I don't think it's even a small percentage. But seriously, one of the members on the Nucks' forum has made a point to track fan comments/posts from the opposing teams' fan forums after every game that we play. The results have been quite eye-opening. He's posted so far fans' comments from St. Louis, Washington, & Detroit after their games against us. None of them were as low-blowing & distasteful as ours in speaking about the opposing teams (& that's putting it mildly!). The classiest, most sportsmanlike comments so far, have come from St. Louis fans (ya hear that @bunnyman? lol).  

Really, they put our fans to shame, (again, not all, but a lot!) & it's frustrating to the decent fans that genuinely just want to talk hockey. Some fans I have chatted with are so disgusted with our team forum that they refuse to post any more comments or start any new topics there. They instead have formed their own 'private chat group'. It's really sad when you don't feel safe to post even a positive comment on there, someone is bound to start slinging mud or try to start an argument with you.

And to be honest, Flyer fans, I really think our Nucks' fan forum has worse posters/trolls than yours, if you can imagine! LOL!  Yes, they have sunk to new levels, which you may not have thought possible.  :(

Here are some of our comments regarding opposing teams fans' posts:

"..its so sad to see that other teams fans have more respect for our team than our teams fans.." 

"Classier than we usually sound after a loss, I'd say. "

"This board could take a lesson from their objectivity and common sense. "

I was on the Flyers official forum for a while. It was populated with a lot of stepford fans, but you could at least talk hockey there. There was not a troll problem there. The board shut down for maintenance or switch servers or something and was never the same after that. People just didn't come back to it.