Downie is Back!

hf101

This is utterly ridiculous.  I thought I was already angry today.   

I simply don't understand this on any level.   Downie is a moron.  Talbot hasn't been playing particularly well (who has?), but he's actually one of my favorite players on the team (was).  This sucks.

FIRE PAUL HOLMGREN!

• Like 1

I love Steve Downie, the sucker brings intensity to the lineup and protection for the skilled players and they can cut loose the clowns like Newbury and Rosehill. Talbot is nothing really to worry about, maybe a little better offensively but not much. Frankly I really sincerely believe the Flyers won this one and it is not even close.

I love Steve Downie, the sucker brings intensity to the lineup and protection for the skilled players and they can cut loose the clowns like Newbury and Rosehill. Talbot is nothing really to worry about, maybe a little better offensively but not much. Frankly I really sincerely believe the Flyers won this one and it is not even close.

I think our opinions on the trade itself differ because of the very first line.  I actually hate the guy.

I don't believe it was an accident that the Avalanche season tanked last year after Downie was hurt, I know you guys had him before when he was a kid but seriously, watching him in Florida and Colorado the sucker can play for me any time.

I don't believe it was an accident that the Avalanche season tanked last year after Downie was hurt, I know you guys had him before when he was a kid but seriously, watching him in Florida and Colorado the sucker can play for me any time.

Okay.  how about Downie for Franzen?

Talbot is a veteran and he probably said,"I am not happy here which does me and the team no good." He is not playing like the Talbot of last year IMO> Downey probably means Roshill gets even less time on ice also JMO.

Wisdom says you're right (re: Craphill).   Experience says they'll line together.

So how were things working for us with Talbot? I know he is a solid character guy, but I can't believe how upset people are about this. Does Talbot really make that much of a difference?

Geez, I think Downie is now one of our top point producers. lol.

Edited by TimKerrFan12
  • Like 1

Interesting move. I would say Downie is definitely more offensively skilled than Talbot, but Talbot is better than Downie (although I haven't seen much of Downie in recent years). Downie is tough and gritty, but he does have skill. My guess is that this is a move that the team hopes will bring a bit more offense to 3rd (or maybe even 2nd) line.

So how were things working for us with Talbot? I know he is a solid character guy, but I can't believe how upset people are about this. Does Talbot really make that much of a difference?

Geez, I think Downie is now one of our top point producers. lol.

Yeah, agreed. At worst this is probably a lateral move. But it could work out better than that. I like Talbot a lot, but Downie has the potential to bring a bit more to the table.

I can't stand this guy. I love a good, clean physical player, but this guy is a loose canon. Why would you trade for a guy who is 26 and been traded, what 4 times now?

That being said, he'll produce more points than Talbot, he's just not worth the headache.

I dread hearing all the defenders again. I wanted to shoot myself during all that "Free Downie" crap.

• Like 3

Okay.  how about Downie for Franzen?

Only if we can throw in Tootoo and Samuelsson in as well. Franzen has turned into the slowest man in the game and his one skill, scoring 25 goals a year has eroded to the point where he has to be the number one candidate for a buyout after this season in the game.