Flyers talking to Edmonton about Eberle

pensuck

Wayne Simmonds Is Not The Problem Here. He's Cap Friendly And Still Young. I hate To Lose him. the Oilers Are Quite High On Him From What I've Read.They Also Need A Dman . I Wish We Could Dump Hartnell Somehow, He's Just Terrible.

I'd hate to trade Simmonds.

What about Coburn (they've coveted him for a couple of years now) Hartnell (he'd add grit to a soft forward lineup) and say a 2nd (right now that's a late 1st) and Cousins for Eberle and Hemsky (Oilers get rid of a bad contract and it evens up the caphits)? I know as a Flyer fan I'd do it. It's hard to say if Coburn and Hartnell are what they want or not.

• Like 1

So in that Sportsnet article, the names being mentioned are Simmonds and L Schenn for Eberle and Hemsky.

Which really means, we traded JVR for a slow-moving L Schenn who we're looking to trade for a JVR-type player we shouldn't have traded in the first place.

You can't make this stuff up. 

I wonder if we'll see a game-time dressing room swap. 

Okay, but let's not lose value in Coburn for the sake of a trade. I'd try straight up for Eberle, and include Simmonds if a pick of some value was coming back. The Flyers don't have to trade Coburn, and he's signed to a reasonable contract. Might as well play fair, but hardball.

@Polaris922

I agree. But Edmonton needs some grit up front and Hartnell can provide that. He's also proven he can score, and Edmonton has plenty of playmaking ability. Also a 2nd round pick isn't "dead weight" and neither is Cousins. And Hemsky would be coming back the other way as well, which benefits the Oilers. Not to mention,  they covet Coburn.

@aziz

While most NHLers aren't beating a path there, Hartnell does hail from that neck of the woods, and played his junior hockey fairly close to there. In other words he wouldn't be out of his realm there. Hey, Pronger went there. And Hartnell doesn't have a wife to tell him what to do.

I would say Simmonds but his presence in front of the opponents net is a must.

perhaps he will start finding his way to the front of the net soon ? yes ? 

He hasn't spent much time there this year except for an occasional power play. 

I am of the opinion that we have seen Simmonds ceiling , and while i like him, i don't see the hands that makes me think he's a consistent 30 goal scorer. He's not a guy i keep at all costs. if the right deal presents itself I would trade him.

@Polaris922

I agree. But Edmonton needs some grit up front and Hartnell can provide that. He's also proven he can score, and Edmonton has plenty of playmaking ability. Also a 2nd round pick isn't "dead weight" and neither is Cousins. And Hemsky would be coming back the other way as well, which benefits the Oilers. Not to mention, they covet Coburn.

I get your point but... Right now Hartnell IS dead weight. And Cousins isn't exactly top flight prospect. Unproven commodity at best. I can't explain yet they covet Coburn, or find any real evidence that they do other than Philly media, which all you guys say to never believe. Eberle is a talent, and he'll fetch more than that.

Hartnell is a proven physical presence/goal scorer/wreaker of havoc. In other words, exactly what Edmonton needs. Coburn is a good defenceman. In other words, exactly what Edmonton needs. Yes Hartnell is having a bad season along with most of his teammates. And I'm not getting the "Coburn coveted" from the Philly media, I pay little attention to it.

Philly gets a top 6 forward and a bad contract.

Edmonton gets a top 6 forward, the defenceman they badly need, a 2nd and a prospect.

Lets face it....most trades that are actually made would get shot down by fans prior to them happening.