Perhaps this will give Miller the motivation to stay here?

Buffalo Rick

I know many of you believe Miller wants to be traded to the Detroit Red Wings and win a Cup.   But I do not agree.  I think it matters to him where he wins one.  And if he has to wait in Buffalo a couple years, I think he is now more inclined to do so.  He can go to the Olympic team and take on Quick, who he should beat out for the start.  To me Miller is the best, easily.   Quick just hurt his groin too.  Bad timing for him.  Miller stoned the Kings, proving again his worth.  Expect even better now that new guys are here and he is happy to see Lafontaine aboard.  I am for keeping Miller no matter the cost.

Ask yourself this question.if you were in his shoes and knowing this team is going into full rebuild mode. would you want to have to wait 3, 4, 5 years before being really competitive especially when your prime years are very short.

if you want a chance at a cup you'd pull a Hasek and go to a team with a chance at the cup.

face facts he's gone so its better to trade him for pieces and or picks now than see him walk years end.

you can jump off the ledge now

Detroit would never ever ever even consider for one split second trading for miller no way no how we don't want him you can have him NO NO NO!

Now that that absurdity is out of the way lets talk about the Olympics he does not deserve it now, quick has a minor groin injury in November not January or February so he is a lock Miller is not worthy of Olympic glory. If that is all you have to talk about as a fan of your team every single post then I feel bad for you. You do know the Sabres have other players than Miller don't you? Ennis, Ott (until the deadline) Moulson (see Ott) Myers (Unless someone is willing to take him) Foligno and a whole bunch of other guys. Hackett, Enroth Scott and more. Try another approach would you? Please? I am trying to be nice but your obsession about Miller and the Olympics and you thinking he is the greatest goalie ever is cause for an intervention. I have read and enjoyed other posts by you but this is getting out of hand.....

A lot will be decided in Buffalo based on the play between now and the trade deadline - and much will hinge upon whether players are willing to sign extensions or not.

If Miller & Ott, for two, aren't extended by then, they will likely be shopped to avoid losing them for nothing.

I firmly expect Moulson to be moved and Tallinder if a playoff team is strapped for defense because of injury. The return on those two would be high, IMO.

Absolutely nothing will hinge on fanboy posts made in November.

Miller has a more than even shot to be backstopping the US Team in Sochi - especially with Quick's injury. He's had a couple of stinkers so far this season, but overall his body of work is pretty solid. Again - will depend on what happens in the next few months.

You do know that Miller was MVP at the last Olympics, right?

Yes he was amazing. Four years ago. So was Brian Rafalski, had a hell of a Olympic showing. Four years ago. Marty Brodeur was in net with Bobby Lu for Canada, you don't hear much talk of anyone thinking he deserves to be there this year.

Time and tide wait for no man. Miller peaked and has seen his better days. Quick, Howard, Bishop and Anderson are ALL better options. Am I saying that Miller is not a competent goalie? No, but the US Olympic team has better options at this point in Millers career.

Yes he was amazing. Four years ago. So was Brian Rafalski, had a hell of a Olympic showing. Four years ago. Marty Brodeur was in net with Bobby Lu for Canada, you don't hear much talk of anyone thinking he deserves to be there this year.

Time and tide wait for no man. Miller peaked and has seen his better days. Quick, Howard, Bishop and Anderson are ALL better options. Am I saying that Miller is not a competent goalie? No, but the US Olympic team has better options at this point in Millers career.

While you are right "on the merits," the US Team has shown a proclivity to keep their "heroes" on the roster even past their "sell by" date.

I can certainly see Miller on the roster - whether as "third goalie" or starter, I think he's going to Sochi.

Could easily be wrong.

While you are right "on the merits," the US Team has shown a proclivity to keep their "heroes" on the roster even past their "sell by" date.

I can certainly see Miller on the roster - whether as "third goalie" or starter, I think he's going to Sochi.

Could easily be wrong.

Rad I agree with you, I believe he will be going as the backup based off of past performance.

If you assume Quick who really is having a off season and was no on top of his game last year either gets the starting nod which I feel is looking more and more like a foregone conclusion and Miller, deservedly or not gets one of the backup jobs it will be a three way race for the third spot between

Bishop

Howard

Anderson

I ran their numbers previously but Bishop is ridiculously ahead of everyone else, including Quick and Miller. To keep him off the roster would be a shame, but you are right the USA does tend to keep players way past their use by date, and Bishop may be told better luck in 2018, In that case I would like to see Anderson get the nod so Howard can be rested for the second half, but that is just me as a Wings fan, unlike the junkie who wants his goalie there, I think the best thing for the Wings is for Howard to sit this one out.

Detroit would never ever ever even consider for one split second trading for miller no way no how we don't want him you can have him NO NO NO!

Now that that absurdity is out of the way lets talk about the Olympics he does not deserve it now, quick has a minor groin injury in November not January or February so he is a lock Miller is not worthy of Olympic glory. If that is all you have to talk about as a fan of your team every single post then I feel bad for you. You do know the Sabres have other players than Miller don't you? Ennis, Ott (until the deadline) Moulson (see Ott) Myers (Unless someone is willing to take him) Foligno and a whole bunch of other guys. Hackett, Enroth Scott and more. Try another approach would you? Please? I am trying to be nice but your obsession about Miller and the Olympics and you thinking he is the greatest goalie ever is cause for an intervention. I have read and enjoyed other posts by you but this is getting out of hand.....

If you think Howard is better than Miller than you know nothing about hockey

I wonder if a team like the Flyers or Islanders would have enough to put a package together to get Miller.

I know Philly has zero cap room, so they most likely would have to shed some salaries in order to fit, then try to re-sign Miller (perhaps include some high contracts under team control in any trade for him?).

Islanders, meanwhile seem to be slowly but surely moving in the right direction skater-wise, but how much longer can they continue to rely on Nabokov?

Plus the Isles have more room under the cap to fit Miller...will have even more after this season.

Just throwing that out there.

I wonder if a team like the Flyers or Islanders would have enough to put a package together to get Miller.

I know Philly has zero cap room, so they most likely would have to shed some salaries in order to fit, then try to re-sign Miller (perhaps include some high contracts under team control in any trade for him?).

Islanders, meanwhile seem to be slowly but surely moving in the right direction skater-wise, but how much longer can they continue to rely on Nabokov?

Plus the Isles have more room under the cap to fit Miller...will have even more after this season.

Just throwing that out there.

If Miller leaves there are only two places he wants to go.  The Islanders are not one of them. We may go deep before the Islanders do.  They have been rebuilding for 40 yrs.  At least we have a boatload of pics thanks to the way Regier financially raped the Islanders.  Miller would go to Detroit as it is his hometown, or California to be near his wife.  That is it.   I say he stays.  You look at Broduer.  Miller has alot of game left.  And with guys like Steve Ott, Hodgeson and Moulson, the rebuild is not as bad as people try and say.  Just like in football, you can rebuild faster in this day and age if you use free agency well.  Hopefully Rick Dudley will come to town and get this done in an effective and swift way

@Hockey Junkie

Detroit don't want Miller, no way no how. We have ZERO cap room and with Howard and the monster and young stud Mrazak in Grand Rapids no offense but Miller would not fit into our plans.

With him being an UFA his value is Meh, as far as California goes I don't see a California team in need of a goalie, in fact Anaheim is trying to find a suitor for Jonas Hiller as Rask and Andersen I think if he is going anywhere it will be Calgary, Hiller or Miller are what that club needs to replace Kipper.

Howard is a better goalie than Miller, it's just that simple. If Miller makes the Olympic team, I'll eat my shorts. He's the 5th best USA goalie. No way he makes that team. Hmmm, another Miller is the greatest thing since sliced cheese, with AGAIN....nothing...and I do mean nothing to back it up. This is getting old.

Can't wait till the Flyers FILL THE NET on old man Miller on November 21st...will be good for a chuckle!!!

@Hockey Junkie

Detroit don't want Miller, no way no how. We have ZERO cap room and with Howard and the monster and young stud Mrazak in Grand Rapids no offense but Miller would not fit into our plans.

With him being an UFA his value is Meh, as far as California goes I don't see a California team in need of a goalie, in fact Anaheim is trying to find a suitor for Jonas Hiller as Rask and Andersen I think if he is going anywhere it will be Calgary, Hiller or Miller are what that club needs to replace Kipper.

I NEVER SAID THEY WANTED HIM.  I am only saying that is one of a few places he would go because it was his childhood team, his family is there, etc.  It wont happen.  But imo, he is better than anyone you have.  And I am scared to death the Ducks will go after him.  His wife is in California.  That is the other place I think he would be willing to go.  Anaheim.  St Louis?   Maybe.  I think the Blues can win the Cup now but you give them Miller and look out.