How about Evander Kane for Ryan Miller?

yave1964

If the Sabres are going to deal Miller they need a dance partner. The Jets have gotten nothing from their netminders, Kane has been a bit of a disappointment but is a young solid 30 plus goal scorer.

I see this as the perfect deal for both clubs if Miller would agree to a deal with the Jets. The Sabres have a laughable bunch of forwards, hands down bar none the worst in the NHL today, Kane would be an instant upgrade and along with Moulson would play very well with Hodgson on a pretty decent first line.

Miller would allow the Jets to redefine themselves and would take pressure off a good bunch of your d-men. My opinion is this is the best the Sabres could hope for, and quite frankly the best the jets could do as well.

@Hockey Junkie  HA HA HA HA.....WTF....Miller for Patrick Kane, why stop there...Miller for Stamkos, Miller for Crosby....you are by far the most delusional poster to ever grace any message board. When the actual trade goes down...I can't wait to read a BIG DOSE of humble pie!!!

• Like 1

@Hockey Junkie  HA HA HA HA.....WTF....Miller for Patrick Kane, why stop there...Miller for Stamkos, Miller for Crosby....you are by far the most delusional poster to ever grace any message board. When the actual trade goes down...I can't wait to read a BIG DOSE of humble pie!!!

Junkie actually has been doing  better. I really thought this one out and to me it is the perfect deal for both clubs. I know you ran the numbers for him several times but apparently he does not pay any attention to them. Here is hoping he goes to the Flames for a second rounder and Cammeleri, lol. Or even worse, sign him to the long term deal so the poor guy has nothing more to rant about.

@Hockey Junkie   Um, yeah....little easier to cheer against Miller when you're a Canadian!!  I'll admit, the fact he is on the team is quite impressive. His stats, at least the save % have gotten better. A month ago his SV% was medicore run of the mill .916, but last I checked, he had run it up to .927, a real nice stat. I'll give credit where credit is due, he started out good and is turning it up of late, on a horribly challenged offensive team. Still, I don't know any grade 3 kids who would say Miller is worth a Patrick Kane type...so there is that.....

• Like 1

And what is wrong with Evander Kane????? The man is a true power forward, he is rugged, 30-35 goals a year forward, only 22, will drop the gloves if he finds someone dumb enough to fight him.

Actually, I have thought about it. I don't think the Jets would be getting enough for Kane by settling for Miller.

@Hockey Junkie

Funny, one day you're telling us all Regier isn't going anywhere, Vanek isn't going anywhere, Pominville etc.....now you're telling us what great moves they are.

And hey, maybe if the Sabres are lucky they can end up with talent like Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Read.

• Like 2

This must be BuffaloRick.

If you do not think MIller is a valuable player to many teams you are crazy.  Your own Flyers would kill for him

Haha. Wow. Not at his age. Not as a rental. 

Good thing you have me locked out of the shout box and the game chat.  It may be a long night for your boys.  We just beat Wash and you guys just got your butts handed to you by Tampa and the Rangers

I would say it's a good thing..FOR YOU..you are even allowed on this site at all.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you and come on here and act like a douche bag--again.  

• Like 2

Kane for Miller is overpaying for Miller in my opinion. Kane IS an up and coming power forward and he's extremely fast on his skates too. The kid is a prize find. Miller has been good this year no doubt, but at his age and mediocre career stats he's just not worth it. And I'm a Miller fan. But reality is reality.

• Like 1

Kane for Miller is overpaying for Miller in my opinion. Kane IS an up and coming power forward and he's extremely fast on his skates too. The kid is a prize find. Miller has been good this year no doubt, but at his age and mediocre career stats he's just not worth it. And I'm a Miller fan. But reality is reality.

Kane has been the subject of the ire of the Jets fans out there. I simply figured that with the wretched way that Pavelec is playing if they could resign him Miller might become the face of this faceless franchise. I agree with you, Kane is only 22, has a 30 goal season to his credit and one of the toughest punches in the game, nobody wants to mess with him.

Sometimes a young player like this becomes the subject of the fans ire, he is going through growing pains and so is the entire organization. Some nights he looks like Gordie Howe, other nights he looks more like Coleen Howe on the ice. But that is just a normal fluctuation for a player like this when most players his age are still in the minors. I agree Polaris trading Kane could be a mistake but they are hanging around the fringe of the playoffs and a hot Miller may be what it takes to get them into the playoffs. I agree it would be one heck of  a high price to pay.

@yave1964

And Miller, who has been mediocre to bad since the last Olympics, comes up big when his team is completely out of it....not surprisingly, in a contract/UFA year. I'll take my chances with the younger Kane.

SV% since last Olympics: .916, .916, .915

Your point is bolstered by his .929 in 2010 and his .927 today, but I'll wager there are a LOT of teams who would have taken a "mediocre to bad" .916 SV% from their goalie for the past three seasons.

Philadelphia being one of them...

That said, I wouldn't do Kane for Miller straight up. And, quite frankly, if Winnipeg isn't on his list of no trades right alongside Edmonton, who is??