Which one of us bozos is Sam Carchidi?

King Knut

Whoever it is, IT'S TIME TO LET YOUR FUED WITH MIKE RICHARDS GO. You just remind us how much of a foolish jack Ass you've been over it. You're making it worse by harping on it now that he's moved on to bigger and better things.

Regarding your most recent column, which seems utterly inspired by debate on this board, I will merely reiterate:

While you're busy keeping count of winning trades, the kings are busy keeping count of winning cups.

This makes you look idiotic. Don't look idiotic Sam! Be better Than that.

Deciding who won and who lost the Richards trade is just a waste of time. Why are we even discussing it? It's a stupid debate.

Simmonds and Schenn score more?

Richards better than both defensively in their wildest dreams?

Kings: 1cup since trade

Flyer: zero cups since trade

Many reasons for this, but the long and short is that the kings ended up with 3 players we didn't want and won a cup with them. As a result, they don't give a rip what you think. They don't have to. And even if the Flyers win a cup with ahemm and simmer, the kings still won't care. The trade it them what they wanted.

If the flyers win multiple cups and Schenn and simmer win hart and art Ross trophies, them we can talk. I think the kings will still shrug and say, screw it. It worked or us. We won a cup!

I will restrain myself from saying that the kimgs actually won the trade because our return investments are still developing. BUT in the mean time You don't get to say the kings lost the trade, because they don't care about winning trades. They care about winning cups. They'll laugh in your face and you will sound pathetic.

They do not care what you think. They play in the shadow of a banner they earned, not some distant legend.

Much as it pains you to see him succeed, the only one who 'won' the trade so far is Mike Richards. He won a cup and got away from jack asses like you Sam. Win Win.

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss=/philly/sports&id=240870441

@King Knut

lol, I did post a shout in the shoutbox stating that this topic would probably show up on philly.com in a couple of days.

@BroadStBull @phillydotcom Wonder where you got the material for this story? Coincidental timing - I think not. http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/61169-revisiting-the-richards-trade/ 

all I'm going to say is a performance review at my corporation is based on the risks and rewards earned by an employee and what you did in the past, hence "performance review" not "projecting review". He should let it go but the numbers don't lie. We seriously got the best of that trade, AT this point. We'll see.

all I'm going to say is a performance review at my corporation is based on the risks and rewards earned by an employee and what you did in the past, hence "performance review" not "projecting review". He should let it go but the numbers don't lie. We seriously got the best of that trade, AT this point. We'll see.

Let's say that with Pronger, the Flyers win the cup. And then Pronger plays a few more years, and retires.

Now let's say Lupul goes on to be the top scorer with Anaheim a few years in a row, and Sbisa becomes a top pairing, one or two time all-star defenseman for a decade. And the two other first round picks end up being important for Anaheim.

Now let's say Anaheim never wins a Cup with those assets.

In your mind, who wins that trade? 

In my mind, it's Philly, hands down. The trade led to a Cup here, but not there.

That's kind of how I view the Richards/Carter trades.

@brelic

I agree. The target is the cup. You win it and that's what matters.

I'm ok with what we got in return for Carter and Richards. 5 years from now it will look like highway robbery. But LA won a cup.

i agree with you, in 5 years it will look like highway robbery. i love the way simmonds plays the game - he should be our captain.

having said that, it's been so long since we won a cup ...

and, everyone is always complaining we dont look to the future. Well, Richards and Carter were "the" here and now and it wasn't working out. So he (Homer) looked to the future, which is what JUST about everyone had/hase been screaming for and 3 years later we are still bitching about it.... Homer can't win....

• Like 1

@idahophilly

I was thinking the same thing idaho.  Was gonna post something similiar until I read your comments.  No need to repost what you said.

In regards to the orginal ???  Who cares if Sam is here or not.  It is quite obvious he is here, at least browsing if not an actual member.

If he feels the need to get material from this forum to generate an article, then he has a very severe problem. 

TO SAM -----> If you are reading thius then you are sorry person to be a beat writer for a professional sports team.  Go back to school an learn how to generate a story on your own.  End of Rant.

Carry on folks..... 

Eh. I'm kind of okay with a writer trolling message boards to find out what fans are talking about and interested in and then writing an article that addresses that topic.

No doubt where the idea came from, though

• Like 2

and, everyone is always complaining we dont look to the future. Well, Richards and Carter were "the" here and now and it wasn't working out. So he (Homer) looked to the future, which is what JUST about everyone had/hase been screaming for and 3 years later we are still bitching about it.... Homer can't win....

Yep, pretty much.

Let's say that with Pronger, the Flyers win the cup. And then Pronger plays a few more years, and retires.

Now let's say Lupul goes on to be the top scorer with Anaheim a few years in a row, and Sbisa becomes a top pairing, one or two time all-star defenseman for a decade. And the two other first round picks end up being important for Anaheim.

Now let's say Anaheim never wins a Cup with those assets.

In your mind, who wins that trade?

In my mind, it's Philly, hands down. The trade led to a Cup here, but not there.

That's kind of how I view the Richards/Carter trades.

And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle! Too many what if's. I liked the trades when they happened and I like them even more now.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

And if my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle! Too many what if's. I liked the trades when they happened and I like them even more now.

Fair enough, but you get the point.

A Stanley Cup completely changes the way people view a trade, regardless of how much merit there is to it.

I'll tell you one thing: in the future, I'd love to see a top line of G, Schenn, and Jake. They could be a really dominant trio in the NHL. Then you'd have Coots on the 2nd and Laughton on the 3rd.

Or for now, at least put Lecav up with G and Jake. Drop Raffl to the 3rd with Coots and Read/Downie.

Fair enough, but you get the point.

A Stanley Cup completely changes the way people view a trade, regardless of how much merit there is to it.

I'll tell you one thing: in the future, I'd love to see a top line of G, Schenn, and Jake. They could be a really dominant trio in the NHL. Then you'd have Coots on the 2nd and Laughton on the 3rd.

Or for now, at least put Lecav up with G and Jake. Drop Raffl to the 3rd with Coots and Read/Downie.

WHY? Raffl with G and Voracek is working and continually building chemistry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are plenty of other areas Berube could/should address instead.

WHY? Raffl with G and Voracek is working and continually building chemistry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are plenty of other areas Berube could/should address instead.

As much as I like Raffl, he just doesn't seem like legitimate 1st line material.

That being said, I think my issue is really more about wasting a $5.5M player on the 3rd line. Vinny hasn't looked the same since coming back.. maybe he's still a bit injured. Maybe some time on the top line would get him jumpstarted.

As much as I like Raffl, he just doesn't seem like legitimate 1st line material.

That being said, I think my issue is really more about wasting a $5.5M player on the 3rd line. Vinny hasn't looked the same since coming back.. maybe he's still a bit injured. Maybe some time on the top line would get him jumpstarted.

His output is legitimate, and that's enough for me. He's got G and Voracek humming along.

Maybe the Flyers should roll four lines, three of which are scoring.

He is the catalyst for G and Voracek. No one else was doing that this season. His play makes them better, oddly.

Yes, I agree that when they first put him there, he seemed to get them on track. I think it's a combination of his speed and hockey IQ.

The lustre has worn off lately (even while G and Jake continue to produce), so there's that. Maybe it's growing pains. But my "eye" test tells me he's playing above his pay grade, and reality will set in. While there's a lull in his play, I would take advantage of that to move Vinny up for a few games, then return Raffl to the top if nothing changes.