If Miller must go, I hope its to St Louis

Buffalo Rick

I have always wanted the Blues to win a Cup.  And they deserve to as back in the late 60's and early 70's they were the Western rep many times with the likes of the Plaguer bros and Berenson.  Great teams but just not good enough to beat the mighty Montreal teams and Orr's Bruins.  They have paid their dues if you will.  St Louis and Minny are two teams mentioned.  I had thought Minny was happy with Backstrom?  I know St Louis has Elliot and has gone back and forth.  Miller is a step up and could be the difference and get them the Cup.  No doubt

@Hockey Junkie  I think Backstrom has proven to be injury prone. They will certainly move on, whether it be the great story of Harding overcoming cancer, or the kid Darcy Kemper, who looks like the real deal.

You mean St Louis?  Backstrom is with Minny of course.  I do not know if St Louis is satisfied with Elliot?  If Miller goes, we will be without a world class goalie for the first time in ages.  Hasek being before MIller

@Hockey Junkie  I think Backstrom has proven to be injury prone. They will certainly move on, whether it be the great story of Harding overcoming cancer, or the kid Darcy Kemper, who looks like the real deal.

Harding has MS. Sure looks like he's got it under control.

I am for the US all the way but I do believe their complaint is legitimate.  I do not think Quick is the brightest bulb on the tree when I hear him in interviews either.  Some of you will automatically jump out and say I have an agenda due to Ryan Miller.  So hear me now.  THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MILLER.    It has to do  with the game being called fairly.  It was a goal

I am for the US all the way but I do believe their complaint is legitimate.  I do not think Quick is the brightest bulb on the tree when I hear him in interviews either.  Some of you will automatically jump out and say I have an agenda due to Ryan Miller.  So hear me now.  THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MILLER.    It has to do  with the game being called fairly.  It was a goal

OMG get over it.   It was a goal in the NHL, but this wasn't the NHL.  This was the Olympics.  Both teams know the rules going in that if the net is off its moorings even a little bit that the play is dead and any goals scored during that circumstance are disqualified.

It's a simple rule, really.  (From where I sit, it's a DUMB rule since that post being off all of 1 1/2 inches in no way impeded the play or gave the shooting nor defending team any particular advantage -- aside from the advantage to the defending team of disqualifying the goal  But it IS the rule and it's crystal clear.)

And it's funny that on the one hand people want to claim that Quick deliberately knocked the net off several moments before on an entirely different play (requiring some amount of not only intelligence but extra sensory perception) and then on the other hand want to claim he's dumb.   How are both statements compatible?  (I'll give you a hint:  they're not).

Seriously, he knocked it off well earlier in the sequence when he slide against the left post to close up that angle.  Moments later, the waived off goal came from the opposite side of the ice.   Quick is square to that shooter and on the right (vs. left) side of the net going into a butterfly.  How does he reach back and take the post off of the opposite side of the net -- a requirement if we're realistically trying to make an argument that this was deliberate.

It's a no goal by a very black and white rule.  Feel free to argue whether it's a dumb rule or whether the fastening device they're using over there is 21st century.  But it's clearly a no-goal by the rules and the equipment they all knew was applicable well in advance.  Absolutely FAIR.

OMG get over it.   It was a goal in the NHL, but this wasn't the NHL.  This was the Olympics.  Both teams know the rules going in that if the net is off its moorings even a little bit that the play is dead and any goals scored during that circumstance are disqualified.

It's a simple rule, really.  (From where I sit, it's a DUMB rule since that post being off all of 1 1/2 inches in no way impeded the play or gave the shooting nor defending team any particular advantage -- aside from the advantage to the defending team of disqualifying the goal  But it IS the rule and it's crystal clear.)

And it's funny that on the one hand people want to claim that Quick deliberately knocked the net off several moments before on an entirely different play (requiring some amount of not only intelligence but extra sensory perception) and then on the other hand want to claim he's dumb.   How are both statements compatible?  (I'll give you a hint:  they're not).

Seriously, he knocked it off well earlier in the sequence when he slide against the left post to close up that angle.  Moments later, the waived off goal came from the opposite side of the ice.   Quick is square to that shooter and on the right (vs. left) side of the net going into a butterfly.  How does he reach back and take the post off of the opposite side of the net -- a requirement if we're realistically trying to make an argument that this was deliberate.

It's a no goal by a very black and white rule.  Feel free to argue whether it's a dumb rule or whether the fastening device they're using over there is 21st century.  But it's clearly a no-goal by the rules and the equipment they all knew was applicable well in advance.  Absolutely FAIR.

Ha, I am not the only one squaking here.  The entire country of Russia is.  This article came from NBC, not from yours truly.  I am pointing out its not just being swept under the table.  I saw this coming.  Had it gone the other way i wonder what you would be saying?

Ha, I am not the only one squaking here.  The entire country of Russia is.  This article came from NBC, not from yours truly.  I am pointing out its not just being swept under the table.  I saw this coming.  Had it gone the other way i wonder what you would be saying?

If it had gone the other way, I'd be bitching about the rule, which I still think is stupid.   I wouldn't be yammering about how it isn't fair or that the goalie did it on purpose (assuming it happened exactly the same way but uniform colors were reversed).  

Of course, if it was Pens vs. Flyers and I were on the losing end I'd be saying it was a league conspiracy to allow the whining Penguins to win. :ph34r: 

I have always wanted the Blues to win a Cup.  And they deserve to as back in the late 60's and early 70's they were the Western rep many times with the likes of the Plaguer bros and Berenson.  Great teams but just not good enough to beat the mighty Montreal teams and Orr's Bruins.  They have paid their dues if you will.  St Louis and Minny are two teams mentioned.  I had thought Minny was happy with Backstrom?  I know St Louis has Elliot and has gone back and forth.  Miller is a step up and could be the difference and get them the Cup.  No doubt Really?

You mean St Louis?  Backstrom is with Minny of course.  I do not know if St Louis is satisfied with Elliot? Source or strawman?  If Miller goes, we will be without a world class goalie for the first time in ages.  Hasek being before MIller

I know you like Miller, I get it, but really?  Don't get me wrong, I like Miller too. But why on earth would St. Louis consider Miller an upgrade?   Elliot and Halak are 5th and 11th in gaa this season. If I do some spreadsheet magic, in the three years that Elliot has been in St. Louis he has a 1.77 GAA and a  .925 SV%.    Playoffs he's 2.14 GAA and .910 SV%.  You don't think they're satisfied with that?   They gave their goaltenders 1.6 goals/game support in their playoff loses while he was there.  Goaltending was not their issue.

This year, they're 2nd in the west, and their goalie tandum(They do this on purpose by the way to keep them fresh) is one of the best in the league.  Why would they screw with that?

Not starters. Biron got alot of action but he was a backup. Before Hasek Edwards was the best IMO then Sauve.

Biron has a 70+ appearance season in Buffalo. On phone so limited to check, but he was definitely a starter at one point.