Miller traded

Polaris922

I agree. I think they got far more than he's worth, but having said that... I really think this makes the Blues a more dangerous threat. Improved in goal and veteran grit, but lost some goal scoring talent.

That's actually damn close to what I was musing in the one thread and was told it was craziness.

Don't mind me. It's so rare that I'm right that I have to make sure I point out when I accidentally (kind of) am

• Like 1

That's actually damn close to what I was musing in the one thread and was told it was craziness.

Don't mind me. It's so rare that I'm right that I have to make sure I point out when I accidentally (kind of) am

Ut oh... Then I'm crazy too... Again... Sorta...

Stewart has lived in the dog house for the Blues, he plays hard when he wants to and floats when he does not. Ott is twice the player.

Miller is better than Halak but not as much as many other people seem to think.

Receiving the first and the third make this deal for the Sabres. Player wise I think the Blues got the better end. Of course who knows? the Sabres may yet turn Halak into a first rounder and Stewart into another third.

Personally I'm stunned.  The Blues are third in the league in goals against average, and trade for goal tending.  Miller better produce or they are going to look real silly.

Edited by nossagog

with the Miller/Ott trades, that will give the Sabres three 1st round picks, and three 2nd round picks in 2015

So, potentially the Sabres could still land McDavid even if they don't win the lottery. If they dangled all 6 of those early picks, including the 3 first rounders.....they could potentially trade those for the right to pick Connor. I'd do it if I was the Sabres, players like him only come around once every 7-8 years or so....he is the unquestioned legit #1 franchise center they have been missing since the great Gilbert Perreault retired. That is the guy you build everything else around.

Can you believe we are up 3-1 over Sharks?

yeah, I can.  lol  

I haven't seen any of the game.  Maybe now that Miller and Ott are traded the team can concentrate on playing for next season.

I think Miller is better than Halak.  But Stewart has far more talent than Ott WHEN he shows up.  That will depend on Nolan and Stewart's kick in the pants feeling from being traded away from a legitimate Cup contender.  The only thing Ott brings is veteran grit.  I think Buffalo got the better end of this trade for several reasons.  First and foremost, Miller wasn't taking them to a Cup by himself, and Halak can give up four or five goals a game just like Miller has until the Buffalo squad gets its core and matures.  Stewart > Ott and young enough that he may still be here down the road when the youth starts winning.  IF they build the core correctly, that will happen.  The picks they got in this trade, plus all those first round picks and second round picks they have coming have to pan out to some degree.  And if they DO get McDavid, judging from what is there to read, they'll be well on their way to a winning team.  

Good move by Buffalo. Miller and Ott weren't bringing anything to a team who's main focus should be McDavid in 2015

Plus this gives Rick a perfect record at predicting guys who would not be moved out of Buffalo...they're all gone now.

@flyercanuck

The the second pick is conditional and I love it.  If the Blues reach the Western finals OR if they sign Miller to a contract before the draft, it becomes another NUMBER ONE PICK.    Gee, how many number one picks do we have now over the next three years folks?  I would say enough to build one heck of  team.  And this team is starting to win now.  Myers is playing well and starting to develope.  I would rather be in our shoes than yours right now.  You can have Holmgren. I will take Ted Nolan, Pegula and the bright future this team has.  You cannot sit there and trash the Sabres any more.  And they beat the Sharks again. Swept them.  You guys got pasted by them.  The Bruins we beat also with Enroth.  I am sure Halak will share the duties if he is on his game.  I doubt either will be the goalie of the future here but at least until the 2015 draft.  

Rick - the ONLY reason I trash the Sabres is because you usually come on here and brag about how great they are. You've been telling us for years they're better than Philly (or whoever they're playing that game), and they haven't really been since you joined. You told us all how Ruff and Regier wouldn't be fired and they were. You said they'd never trade Vanek, Miller and Ott and they did. You told us Pegula would make sure they'd have a great team and they don't. I have no issue with you talking Sabres and we all know you're passionate about them. But how about laying off the bravado and just discuss hockey.

The future is bright for your team, but it isn't happening overnight, no matter what you believe.

• Like 3

Rick - the ONLY reason I trash the Sabres is because you usually come on here and brag about how great they are. You've been telling us for years they're better than Philly (or whoever they're playing that game), and they haven't really been since you joined. You told us all how Ruff and Regier wouldn't be fired and they were. You said they'd never trade Vanek, Miller and Ott and they did. You told us Pegula would make sure they'd have a great team and they don't. I have no issue with you talking Sabres and we all know you're passionate about them. But how about laying off the bravado and just discuss hockey.

The future is bright for your team, but it isn't happening overnight, no matter what you believe.

Bu.. Bu... B.. B... But PHILLY!

• Like 1