Gostisbehere wins two awards

Was named ECACH Co- Player of the year and Best Defensive Defenseman. "Ghost" becomes the first Union player in the program's 23 year NCAA Division 1 history to be named Player of the Year. He shared the award with St. Lawrence senior forward Greg Carey. 

That 2nd award is very inspiring. My biggest concern (other than size) is I'm not a fan of defencemen who suck in their own end (in case anyone hasn't noticed). Glad to hear he's obviously taken that part of his game into consideration...sounds like he's really serious about making it.

That 2nd award is very inspiring. My biggest concern (other than size) is I'm not a fan of defencemen who suck in their own end (in case anyone hasn't noticed). Glad to hear he's obviously taken that part of his game into consideration...sounds like he's really serious about making it.

They play in the ECAC championship game today verse Colgate @ 7:30. 

Edited by OccamsRazor

Was named ECACH Co- Player of the year and Best Defensive Defenseman. "Ghost" becomes the first Union player in the program's 23 year NCAA Division 1 history to be named Player of the Year. He shared the award with St. Lawrence senior forward Greg Carey. 

Lets not get too excited. Nice player, sure. 1 out of 10 HOBEY BAKER award winners make it to the show. 

Just like fc, I was worried about the defensive part of Ghost's game, thinking he would be one of those all offensive types. This is very encouraging...a guy with huge offensive upside winning a defensive award??  Great news!!

Just like fc, I was worried about the defensive part of Ghost's game, thinking he would be one of those all offensive types. This is very encouraging...a guy with huge offensive upside winning a defensive award??  Great news!!

Shut up! You know nothing about hockey. Don't get me started on the Spitfires!!! 

(joking). Peace Jammer ( had a maker / hitch reference earlier and was thinking of you). 

Did they get married yet? Rumor is that Hitch has improved his stroke immensely. 

Just joking around. 

ha ha....looks like somebody is in a playful mood tonight....and yeah, they did get married....LOL!

Game started 1:00 AM my time.  Dutifully, I am up being daddy at 8:00 AM. :-) 

Edited by Vanflyer