Congrats Mr. Crosby, Art Ross is in hand

nossagog

Yes, as Yogi would say, it ain't over till its over.  Well its over.  Sid has an 18 point lead, and Getzlaf has five games left, just not going to happen.    Its odd that Sid will be the only play over 100 points this year, especially with all of the injuries that the Pens have had this year.    Damn good year, even if you hate him, you got to admit, he's a damn good hockey player.

Yes, as Yogi would say, it ain't over till its over.  Well its over.  Sid has an 18 point lead, and Getzlaf has five games left, just not going to happen.    Its odd that Sid will be the only play over 100 points this year, especially with all of the injuries that the Pens have had this year.    Damn good year, even if you hate him, you got to admit, he's a damn good hockey player.

I cannot see an argument for any other forward winning the award. Crosby has been amazing.  Patrick Roy is trying to make a case with the press for Varlamov. Quite frankly I cannot see that either. After the whole stomping out his girlfriend earlier this year I could not see voting for him for anything.

Gotta be Crosby stomp or no stomp.

@yave1964

You don't vote for the Art Ross.

@nossagog

I don't think you'll find many people who would argue Crosby is a damn good hockey player. I wouldn't argue he's the best, I've said it for years.

Is he captain material? Does he man-up? Is he a classy player? Sportsmanlike? Those are all up for discussion.

@yave1964

You don't vote for the Art Ross.

@nossagog

I don't think you'll find many people who would argue Crosby is a damn good hockey player. I wouldn't argue he's the best, I've said it for years.

Is he captain material? Does he man-up? Is he a classy player? Sportsmanlike? Those are all up for discussion.

Damnit why do I do this? I was stlil off in my own little world thinking of the Hart.

Sure...

Congrats to Crosby for the Art Ross.

It's an award based on pure numbers on the season...no ifs ands or buts about it.

And Sid has the most points of anyone in the league....and yea, he is one heck of a hockey player.

However, there is a guy in Tampa Bay named Steven Stamkos who would have likely given Sid a run for the trophy, if not out and out win it himself, this year.

Before injury, Stamkos, unsurprisingly, was right up there in the race for that award.

Not taking anything away from Crosby, mind you, but still, I'd put up a healthy Steven Stamkos right up along with him on any given season for that award.

We will see next season.  ;)

Sure...

It's an award based on pure numbers on the season...no ifs ands or buts about it.

And Sid has the most points of anyone in the league....and yea, he is one heck of a hockey player.

However, there is a guy in Tampa Bay named Steven Stamkos who would have likely given Sid a run for the trophy, if not out and out win it himself, this year.

Before injury, Stamkos, unsurprisingly, was right up there in the race for that award.

Not taking anything away from Crosby, mind you, but still, I'd put up a healthy Steven Stamkos right up along with him on any given season for that award.

We will see next season. ;)

Stamkos is a great goal scorer. He has yet to break the 100 point mark but remains on pace for what would be just over 90 had he stayed healthy!

Sure...

We will see next season.  ;)

Agree 100% on Stamkos.  Especially if he does it next year without St. Louis. :ph34r:

Agree 100% on Stamkos.  Especially if he does it next year without St. Louis. :ph34r:

Hey, it'll be a chance for Stammer to elevate his game yet again.

Up until now, Stammer has always had a 'support system' of sorts playing with guys who could help him raise his own game...Vinnie Lecavalier, Slava Prospal (yes, he helped Stammer along as he broke into the league by being a speedy winger who could get him the puck), and of course Marty St. Louis.

Now, Stamkos not only has to maintain what is expected of him, but now it is HE who must help elevate the play of those around him...whether that is a guy like Teddy Purcell, maybe a Tyler Johnson playing center while Stammer plays a wing position, or a Richard Panik or Alex Killorn.

And as mentioned, the upcoming Jonathan Drouin.

It is what great players like Crosby do: help make those around him better by challenging them on the ice to be able to keep up with him and see and play the game as fast as they see it.

Really, that is where I see Stamkos next logical development stage  heading: being a guy who helps make good players great, while still continuing to put up points and be great himself.

For all intents and purposes, now that both VLC and MSL are gone, this is his team now, and he must lead the way not only by continuing to be a great scorer, but perhaps develop his playmaking ability a bit more to help make some of the other guys around him great as well.

If he can do that, not only will the goals be there for a run at an Art Ross, but so will the assists!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Hey, it'll be a chance for Stammer to elevate his game yet again.

Up until now, Stammer has always had a 'support system' of sorts playing with guys who could help him raise his own game...Vinnie Lecavalier, Slava Prospal (yes, he helped Stammer along as he broke into the league by being a speedy winger who could get him the puck), and of course Marty St. Louis.

Now, Stamkos not only has to maintain what is expected of him, but now it is HE who must help elevate the play of those around him...whether that is a guy like Teddy Purcell, maybe a Tyler Johnson playing center while Stammer plays a wing position, or a Richard Panik or Alex Killorn.

And as mentioned, the upcoming Jonathan Drouin.

It is what great players like Crosby do: help make those around him better by challenging them on the ice to be able to keep up with him and see and play the game as fast as they see it.

Really, that is where I see Stamkos next logical development stage  heading: being a guy who helps make good players great, while still continuing to put up points and be great himself.

For all intents and purposes, now that both VLC and MSL are gone, this is his team now, and he must lead the way not only by continuing to be a great scorer, but perhaps develop his playmaking ability a bit more to help make some of the other guys around him great as well.

If he can do that, not only will the goals be there for a run at an Art Ross, but so will the assists!

Agree with everything you said.  I'm of the opinion that Stamkos made MSL better - not the other way around (got killed for it, too!).

Agree with everything you said. I'm of the opinion that Stamkos made MSL better - not the other way around (got killed for it, too!).

I think it was the other way around to be honest, until recently when it became more a 50/50 split. But Stamkos was on the upside with MSL on the down, so natural progression and all...

I cannot see an argument for any other forward winning the award. Crosby has been amazing.  Patrick Roy is trying to make a case with the press for Varlamov. Quite frankly I cannot see that either. After the whole stomping out his girlfriend earlier this year I could not see voting for him for anything.

Gotta be Crosby stomp or no stomp.

Wasn't it proven she made that up after he cancelled all her credit cards?