Round 1 - Canadiens vs Lightning

hf101

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the first round series?

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Canadiens vs Lightning in Round 1

Regular season series (Lightning lead 3-0-1)

Nov 12, 2013 Tampa Bay 2, Montreal 1 (SO)

Dec 28, 2013 Montreal 2, Tampa Bay 1 (SO)

Feb 1, 2014 Tampa Bay 2, Montreal 1 (OT)

Apr 1, 2014 Montreal 1, Tampa Bay 3

Your thoughts on the series...

Might be a dandy of a series. 3 out 4 regular season games to either OT/SO.  If Bishop for the Lighning is out even for a game or two, then the edge goes to the Habs.  Briere does what Danny boy does best in the PO's.  He will score some goals for the Habs. 

Montreal in 6

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Canadiens vs Lightning in Round 1

Regular season series (Lightning lead 3-0-1)
Nov 12, 2013 Tampa Bay 2, Montreal 1 (SO)
Dec 28, 2013 Montreal 2, Tampa Bay 1 (SO)
Feb 1, 2014 Tampa Bay 2, Montreal 1 (OT)
Apr 1, 2014 Montreal 1, Tampa Bay 3

Your thoughts on the series...

Love Bishop, Stamkos, Hedman, Callahan etc. This team only goes as Bishop goes. He is not 100% and I think Price is ok. Canadians in 6. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.......Montreal in 5

Welcome, and I got a chuckle out of your avatar.  ;)

You may be right now that Briere decided to show up.

Welcome, and I got a chuckle out of your avatar.  ;)

You may be right now that Briere decided to show up.

I thought Lindback played very well....much better than everyone predicted....Lets see if he can play as well tonight.

Even I thought this series was going to be more closely fought! Habs going for the sweep tonight. If it happens, it would be the first sweep for the Canadiens since 1993 when they swept the Buffalo Sabres in the 2nd round. They won the cup that year. Last time Montreal had a 3-0 series lead, it was against the Bruins in 2008(?) and the Bruins pushed the series to game 7 where Montreal eventually won and took the series. Hope the Habs can get it done tonight! Go Habs go!

Even I thought this series was going to be more closely fought! Habs going for the sweep tonight. If it happens, it would be the first sweep for the Canadiens since 1993 when they swept the Buffalo Sabres in the 2nd round. They won the cup that year. Last time Montreal had a 3-0 series lead, it was against the Bruins in 2008(?) and the Bruins pushed the series to game 7 where Montreal eventually won and took the series. Hope the Habs can get it done tonight! Go Habs go!

Totally shocked at the way this series turned out. I predicted Montreal but I thought 6 or 7 games.