Hockey Traditions that Should Be Immediately Ended

ruxpin

Besides, it's not like they've sold off the goal scoring to a company that requires them to mention their name after every goal.

Is it?

Oh crap.  Good point, though.

You know, this is probably an old joke but it just occurred to ME:  There must have been a hell of a lot of cases of Tastycakes on the campus of PENN when Richards and Carter were here.

Skates. Only needed because of the Ice. And that "lace count" is really confusing for novices. Plus, they're sharp

This made me laugh outloud. I haven't thought of the lace count thing in quite awhile.  Good call.

Great list.  Make it so!

Excellent suggestions!   We can get this sport cleaned up yet!

I am just having my morning coffee, and very slow on the uptake (coffee is only going to make me wide awake slow vs. sleepy slow). How much of your post is satirical so I just know in which vernacular to reply? :) 

Not a tradition but lets eliminate the salary cap. If a team has the money to spend, let them. Keep the cap floor but eliminate the ceiling.

Better yet Remove the entire Pay Scale - all hockey players receive the same base pay throughout the league.  Teams may reward with yearly performance bonuses. Players and teams can agree to sign 1, 2, or 3 year contracts. Uniformity of the league pay eliminates the need  for teams to hire capologists - (as former players really can't walk into this job following their hockey career) and makes the GM's job a hell of alot easier.

---- the above post has no sarcasm.   ;)

• Like 1

Stop interviewing coaches on the benches during the game, are you listening NBC. Enough of the "Edward Jones FaceTime" , it's not like the coaches reveal any earth shattering information.

To your point, lets also get rid of the "between the boxes". I mean those guys (cough Regis) actually think they are players. 

18) Goalies. Games would be much higher scoring and thus more interesting to American audiences. "Goaltending" is a penalty in the NBA. Take the cue.

I was thinking about this the other day. In Honor of our football crazed fans here (@jammer2 and @OccamsRazor), the requirement for a goaltender should be the same as a nose tackle or counter position (ie. at least 6'2 and 350 lbs). If they drop below the 350lbs, the food concierge (Mike York) will force feed them Nachos Grande. 

Stop Instead of interviewing coaches on the benches during the game, interview the equipment manager. They know all the player gossip and who the sluttiest puck bunnies are. are you listening NBC?  Enough of the "Edward Jones FaceTime" , it's not like the coaches reveal any earth shattering information are tapping any of those girls.

Fixed it for ya! 

Lets eliminate the draft lottery. Lets go back to the good old days when a team could attempt to tank to get a Mario Lemieux. Hell with parity, let the bad teams be biblically bad. Lets go down to the final day of the year with the Panthers and Jets duking it out for the worst record in the league in the last game of the year, both scoring own goals in an attempt to get Conner McDavid or whoever. That is some fun hockey.

• Like 1

I am just having my morning coffee, and very slow on the uptake (coffee is only going to make me wide awake slow vs. sleepy slow). How much of your post is satirical so I just know in which vernacular to reply? :)

Tell you what, I'll let you choose and will play along either way.

To your point, lets also get rid of the "between the boxes". I mean those guys (cough Regis) actually think they are players.

I can't begin to tell you how on board I am with this one.

10) Remove Fighting from Hockey

--It's a complete distraction from the play on the ice. Sooner or later those that fight will end up with a concussion.

You know, we kind of glossed over this one but I completely agree. No one gets on their feet for a fight or cheers for it, so get rid of fighting and all of the toughfighters.

• Like 1

You know, we kind of glossed over this one but I completely agree. No one gets on their feet for a fight or cheers for it, so get rid of fighting and all of the toughfighters.

ha,ha.  All that cheering is a total distraction during regulation. And don't forget coaches then have a toughtime rolling 4 lines 

Lets go down to the final day of the year with the Panthers Pens, Maple Leaffs and Jets duking it out for the worst record in the league in the last game of the year, both scoring own goals in an attempt to get Conner McDavid or whoever. That is some fun hockey.

Fixed it for ya. :-)

No one gets on their feet for a fight or cheers for it

How can they get off their feet when their arses are so fat that they have to wedge themselves into their seat? Oh wait, that's Football fans. My bad.  :ph34r: (no offense OR / Jammer)