So does this mean that we're rebuil..."retooling" ?

fishbulb

Yes i know, his dad was a left handed shot who played RW but he played RW for Finland and Kalpa.

It used to be that pretty much every winger played the "natural" side. I think Brett Hull was the first (or one of the first) to popularize playing the off-wing.

It used to be that pretty much every winger played the "natural" side. I think Brett Hull was the first (or one of the first) to popularize playing the off-wing.

Yeah i know is was just stating where i seen him play in all the highlight videos....and it was on the RW guys can play where ever the team puts them. 

Everybody, let's save the hate for Hockey Junkie :)

I did not say he *was* a dick... I said if he wanted to be a dick he could...  I like OR and think he adds a lot here.  Just felt like he was dismissing some of the recent posts that did not agree w/ his line of thinking.

@OR - You are not a dick.  I apologize... I quit dipping yesterday and having some minor irritability :D

Edited by murraycraven

sorry... but some of your posts seem to be a bit dismissive if people dont agree w/ you.   Saving people from the ledges i guess

Yeah that was yesterday and as i clarified it was a joke to IrishJim and if i want to be a dick there won't be no mistaking it.

Me and Sami were conversating on Kasperi and i stated he is mostly known to be a RW from everything pretty much expect the one mock draft i posted.

There was no smarm even it what i said to me for some reason you are very sensitive to what i said and i still can't figure out how that makes me a dick i didn't talk down to anyone just was pointing out something to him and wasn't even sure he is/was aware of it.

Sounds to me you are choosing to be offended and twisting my words. 

Yeah you can list him where ever you want but he played RW is a right handed shot.

Again, ^^^THIS^^^ to me sounds a bit dismissive like how you were "saving people" yesterday when people were just debating.   I am not twisting anyones words and truthfully dont think you are a dick.  I said if you want to be a dick than be a dick...I know plenty of good people that act like dicks every once on a while but it does not mean they are dicks all the time.

Like I said the qoute above along with your heroics (joking here) yesterday seemed to come across dismissive.    No hard feelings...

Edited by murraycraven

I did not say he *was* a dick... I said if he wanted to be a dick he could...  I like OR and think he adds a lot here.  Just felt like he was dismissing some of the recent posts that did not agree w/ his line of thinking.

@OR - You are not a dick.  I apologize... I quit dipping yesterday and having some minor irritability :D

Yes see i read everyone opinion and was just saying/stating mine. I didn't attack anyone or even dismiss their comments i was just posting everything i read. Just for some clarification.

It is also how i make my line up on NHLwhatever when i play on the PS3 i always have my RW a right hand shot and my LW a left handed shot.

Same way as my blueline i always balance it out i put my right hand shot on the right D spot and my Left hand shot on the left side. With the exception of Coburn he is the only left hand shot i have playing on the right side Kimmo plays the left side and to balance it out i usually trade someone to get another right hand shot for the 3rd D pair.

It's just my strategy and they way i like to play or envision my lineup i like balance. Not saying it is the only way to play just my way. 

Yes see i read everyone opinion and was just saying/stating mine. I didn't attack anyone or even dismiss their comments i was just posting everything i read. Just for some clarification.

It is also how i make my line up on NHLwhatever when i play on the PS3 i always have my RW a right hand shot and my LW a left handed shot.

Same way as my blueline i always balance it out i put my right hand shot on the right D spot and my Left hand shot on the left side. With the exception of Coburn he is the only left hand shot i have playing on the right side Kimmo plays the left side and to balance it out i usually trade someone to get another right hand shot for the 3rd D pair.

It's just my strategy and they way i like to play or envision my lineup i like balance. Not saying it is the only way to play just my way. 

Hugs-332x332.jpg

Again, ^^^THIS^^^ to me sounds a bit dismissive like how you were "saving people" yesterday when people were just debating.

HAHA dude you are overly sensitive today....go smoke something i'm not dismissing anything just stating the listing and the fact that you can list him as whatever once again acknowledging your point and then say that everywhere i seen he is a RW listed.

Even on his wiki he is listed as a RW. Not once have i been smarming a smart ass or anything.

I haven't insulted you or suggested that even yet you come again at me. Then you say you're sorry but before i can even accept it you come at me again??????

Hugs-332x332.jpg

Cool no hard feelings....and once again not being a smart ass and people can back me up here i usually don't try to be a smart ass i like to be funny and cut up and when i do what to be mean or insult someone i don't like to speak in riddles you'll know.

But you haven't done anything to me so i have no reason. But yes i have been known to be a smart ass and feel free to call me one but a dick head i'm not i can be but i try to be respectful to everyone here and didn't mean to come across as dick. But if i disagree with you i will say it because it is my right to.

But once again i get along with everyone here even Polaris whom we have gone back and forth with on the pot issues but that is another story. And yes his and mine did get a little heated but i respect Polaris's opinion.

• Like 1

Cool no hard feelings....and once again not being a smart ass and people can back me up here i usually don't try to be a smart ass i like to be funny and cut up and when i do what to be mean or insult someone i don't like to speak in riddles you'll know.

But you haven't done anything to me so i have no reason. But yes i have been known to be a smart ass and feel free to call me one but a dick head i'm not i can be but i try to be respectful to everyone here and didn't mean to come across as dick. But if i disagree with you i will say it because it is my right to.

But once again i get along with everyone here even Polaris whom we have gone back and forth with on the pot issues but that is another story. And yes his and mine did get a little heated but i respect Polaris's opinion.

believe me... i need to smoke a little... seriously man, no hard feelings.

Like i said he can play anywhere but is best suited on the RW because he is a righthanded shot. Think about it a minute he is screaming down the the ice if he is receiving as pass headed for the net he would receive it on his forehand on the RW.

If he was on the LW he would receive said pass on his back hand unless he opens up his hips and manipulates his body.

I prefer to receive it on my forehand not backhand easier to control and less chance it bounces. Also he could one time it on the RW. On the LW he'd have to stop it first.

Check out the video.

Vid shows he is lined up on the RW. It makes sense.

I still much prefer a winger playing on his off-hand (in this case LW).  It opens up so much more of the net.   And I think the "receiving pass on his backhand" is a little overstated if it's not a bobblehead doll passing to him (it won't be.  Downie and Hartnell are both gone).

• Like 1

I still much prefer a winger playing on his off-hand (in this case LW).

See we disagree like someone stated earlier and Jake is a perfect example and why he bobbles it/mishandled it for this very reason coming down the wing.

Yes when he is facing the net sure and it can be but by then you are shooting at the short side less net.

But there are many who play on their off wing and do it well. But say if i'm coach (only on PS3 :ph34r: ) i don't like that but if the players can do that and handle it isn't the end of the world.

I just like it doesn't help one because the Flyers for whatever reason are sloppy passers unlike say you watch the Kings and Hawks crips on the money passes....if Flyers get more of that it won't matter...but once you get a sloppy pass and on your back hand it just increases the chance of turnovers.

You better not be.  What the hell else would they keep me around here for!  It's not charm.

Don't worry rux-o-ran your job is safe usually i have to be in the mood to come off like that....and my wit just isn't fast or funny enough you sir are a pro....job well done!!!!!!!

;) Oh yeah say hello to rad what time should expect his appearance???? ;)  

As soon as I'm....er...he's in the mood.

HAHA well played.........we're on to you Barney Fife is hot on your trail.........he will have it figure out before Vinny's contract expires!!!!!!!!!!  :ph34r:

Making a decision to move Harntell for so little to me means that Hexy is already making moves for 3-4 years from now.  Not that all gm's don't keep the big picture in mind, but today's deal can only be explained that way.  As his first move it kinda means to me "We'll take the playoffs if we sneak in, but the flyers are now looking to "peak" again in a few years and "clean" house a bit.

I guess we'll see at the draft if we accumulate youth or make a trade. 

I bet on even moving down to get more picks...

almost exactly the same thought I had when i heard the news - this is for 3 years from now when the Hart/Burglar money comes off the books; meanwhile a bridge deal for BSchenn... hopefullymaybe Vincent LeCav finds a new home soon... but yeah - thanks for writing it out - saved me the trouble - ha!

It's not charm

No, sadly it's not...but on the other hand it's not bad for a Flyers' fan - SMARM not Charm. 2 measly letters. You're good to go!

Edited by canoli
  • Like 1