Things I learned from yesterday WC.

Guest FlyersFan4Life

For almost the while game Flyers out played the Rags then had their usual brain farts in making stupids plays.

the Rags are a solid team better than the Flyers I say no. Why I say no, is because for 35-40 mins they took the play to the rags, Only difference Flyers stopped playing hard.

Flyers need to put bodies in front of Lundy or any goalie of that matter. All the shots yesterday were clear lanes and lundy saw everything. Lundy was letting out big rebounds, if the Flyers had guys in front of lundy they would have had more goals.

JVR is a waste this season I look at the hard work done against the boards by Simmonds and then look at JVR and shook my head. JVR big size and big paycheck and little effort all season.

The D has to be more physical Flyers need more size and more stay at home Dmen. but we all knew that

Goal tending enough said. Bob no excuse for that second goal. I kinda feel sorry for BOB he is in the middle of the Flyer/Breezy debacle. He needs more starts or a full season as the number 1 to get better. maybe this will light a fire under Brezzy to take the rains and lead this team and play like we know he can play.

People blaming Lavy is just dumb. He can only work with the players Sinder brought in. He can't control the players dumb actions on the ice or the bad goals that are going in.

The next game vs the Hawks will tell alot about this team. Do they come out with a fire in them after what happened at the WC or come out sloppy and uninspired.

Let see if the flyers can have a solid 2nd half of a season. they may not win the cup. As long as they play hard every game that's all we can hope for.

Sorry for the foul language yesterday in chat just beyond pissed off.

Since being a flyer fan I have witnessed 3 losses in the Stanley cup Oilers,Wings, Hawks, now 2 winter classic losses Bruins and now the rags. Man this sucks

Edited by FlyersFan4Life

@FlyersFan4Life

Great points and I feel your pain.

I tried to remain positive after yesterdays loss, but I woke up at 1 am to take a piss, and in my mid sleep haze, I shook my head and said "they lost again".

The Hawks will be a test and we'll really be able to gauge where this team is following that.

I really think (or actually hope at this point) that JVR is playing seriously injured. But if that's the case, the Flyers should be SHOT for doing this.

If, on the other hand, he is 100% healthy, I don't know what is wrong with that guy and what it's going to take to make him wanna play hockey in this league.

If Lavi insists on playing JVR then move him to the fourth line and move Schen up.

I thought that he did just that yesterday. For awhile at least. Once Jagr left the game it was all a bit chaotic. Couldn't believe he had JVR out there on the PP in the 3rd though. Nuts.

I thought that he did just that yesterday. For awhile at least. Once Jagr left the game it was all a bit chaotic. Couldn't believe he had JVR out there on the PP in the 3rd though. Nuts.

totally. I thought he was playing with a bum hip or something...

Losing Jagr was important, but JVR pouting (my guess) about not getting top ice time has to stop. He had more jump in his step when he got to play with Giroux, which leads me to believe he's not actually hurt. I could be totally wrong, but it certainly looked suspicious. I want more effort, more consistently from JVR.

Is English your second language!? If so, I'll cut you a break, that was hard to read.

Anyway, I agree with your points. However, JVR is reportedly injured. If that's the case, I think he should be shut down to get surgery.

I'm not ready to join the bob apologists yet. That was simply a bad goal fundamentally.

I posted about this in another thread. What about this report that mentions JVR needs surgery?

http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-27/sports/30561835_1_van-riemsdyk-shoulder-injury-brayden-schenn#ixzz1hjtrVluf

Is it possible that his lackluster play is due to this injury? I think the Flyers should shut him down and have him take care of it.

I posted about this in another thread. What about this report that mentions JVR needs surgery?

http://articles.phil...n#ixzz1hjtrVluf

Is it possible that his lackluster play is due to this injury? I think the Flyers should shut him down and have him take care of it.

So other than a couple weeks last postseason and the odd shift every 5 games, JVR has been injured since college? I agree if he needs surgery or time to heal, do it! But this guys entire modus operandi is lackluster. I don't know what got into him last playoffs, but I wish he'd find it again. But that certainly isn't his usual way of playing.

It's simple - if he needs surgery so badly that he can't work his shifts with energy then shut him down, do the operation and let him recover.

On the other hand if it's the "same ol' same ol'" with JVR then sit him down till he decides whether he wants to play professional hockey or not.

I'm sick of watching him float around the perimeter and being Mr. Invisible night after night.

Yeah, great, he "had more jump" on the top line with Giroux and Hartnell. My grandmother would have jump on that line and she's been dead for 10 years.

We should trade this kid soon, before the word is all over the NHL (though it prob already is). Maybe we can get something of value in return before everyone realizes that he's had 2 strong weeks of hockey in 3 years ...

Edited by canoli