Flyers Prospect Camp Begins

pilldoc

I'll give you that. We can only hope that Morin turns out to be as good and as smart a player as Chara

I don't rate Chara too highly. I just don't think he's that good. But, his size is flat out overpowering.

I'll give you that. We can only hope that Morin turns out to be as good and as smart a player as Chara

And lets not forget Morin barely made the cut date due to his birthday so he almost would have had to wait till this past draft so he seems like he will turn into a steal even maybe we'll just have to wait and see....

I know there is Stolarz in the program but this guy is in the system too and is about to attend school so Flyers will have his rights another 4 years.

Merrick Madsen.

But Flyers still need to add to the goalie prospect pool next year.

@jammer2

only time will tell.  At least this team appears to be heading in the right direction.  No one has a magical crystal ball.but for the time being it looks like this team has some legit prospects down on the farm. Like I mentioned in a previous post...at least there is a plan in place and for the time being Hexy is unwilling to deal the young kids away.  Yeah i agree. I do like the attitude these young kids have.  Maybe this all part of the culture change.  Bring in players who are humble and have the desire to succeed and not ones who this it is there god given right to play top 6 minutes as a 19-20 yr old who has yet to play a single minute of NHL brand hockey.  It will be fun seeing these kids grow..........

Unfortunately looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Sorry guys.

I work just a couple miles from the Skate Zone, I may try to cut out early and hit the Tuesday 4:30 session.....we'll see how that play out

Travis Sanheim posted on his 'blog' on the Flyers site that he, Morin, Friedman, Aube-Kuble and Fazleev all hung out together during some downtime. I'm really liking the fact that these prospects are all developing camaraderie with one another and that there's some bonding happening. This camp might just be a a what's happening type of camp, but the fact that they're hanging out together can only be a great thing going forward. It'd be quite interesting if they all ended up on the big club together too. It's doubtful, but it would certainly be something if they did.

Travis Sanheim posted on his 'blog' on the Flyers site that he, Morin, Friedman, Aube-Kuble and Fazleev all hung out together during some downtime. I'm really liking the fact that these prospects are all developing camaraderie with one another and that there's some bonding happening. This camp might just be a a what's happening type of camp, but the fact that they're hanging out together can only be a great thing going forward. It'd be quite interesting if they all ended up on the big club together too. It's doubtful, but it would certainly be something if they did.

I think this is exactly the kind of thing Hextall meant when he said that homegrown guys care more about the organization than someone passing through, collecting a paycheque. 

They've grown up together, faced challenges together, and then for the ones who make it to the big club together, that's gotta be pretty cool. 

• Like 4

@brelic  The disheartening thing for me is Aube-Kuble. I've read some pretty impressive things about him, think a lot of scouts are pretty high on him....just personally, I directly equate him to *not* getting Roland McKeown. For a long time, I was sitting on the fence as to whether I wanted the Flyers to use their 1st round pick on Roland.....*then*....to have him sitting there for the taking in the *2nd*....WOW....that would have been outright highway robbery. It would have put a a nail on head with a resounding, reverberating THUMP heard around Flyerdom. It would have finished the whole revamp the defense movement on a ridiculously high note.

Literally every time I hear Aube-Kuble I name, I wince at the thought of what could have been. Obviously, with this type of emotion pent up, it will be real, real interesting to watch their career trajectories. I literally don't know if Aube-Kuble will make it, but I feel really strongly that a LOT of teams missed the boat on McKeown....there is a good chance he will be an impact player, and he has an outside shot at being captain of his team someday.

• Like 1

I literally don't know if Aube-Kuble will make it, but I feel really strongly that a LOT of teams missed the boat on McKeown....there is a good chance he will be an impact player, and he has an outside shot at being captain of his team someday.

Yes i hope we don't regret taking him as well he fell like Hagg did last year.

I was hoping for him in the 1st as well but i will say i'm happy as hell with Sanheim but when he fell and was sitting there....i was shocked and if it would have been me i would have snatched him up.

And just stocked up on forwards the rest of the way this past draft and then load up on forward in again in next years draft. Oh well as long as he pans out it will be water under the bridge. But depending on what Roland does will depend on how much we regret the pick.

@brelic The disheartening thing for me is Aube-Kuble. I've read some pretty impressive things about him, think a lot of scouts are pretty high on him....just personally, I directly equate him to *not* getting Roland McKeown. For a long time, I was sitting on the fence as to whether I wanted the Flyers to use their 1st round pick on Roland.....*then*....to have him sitting there for the taking in the *2nd*....WOW....that would have been outright highway robbery. It would have put a a nail on head with a resounding, reverberating THUMP heard around Flyerdom. It would have finished the whole revamp the defense movement on a ridiculously high note.

Literally every time I hear Aube-Kuble I name, I wince at the thought of what could have been. Obviously, with this type of emotion pent up, it will be real, real interesting to watch their career trajectories. I literally don't know if Aube-Kuble will make it, but I feel really strongly that a LOT of teams missed the boat on McKeown....there is a good chance he will be an impact player, and he has an outside shot at being captain of his team someday.

I was curious about teams passing on McKeown too considering he was widely considered to be the best skating D-man. A Can Fowler clone. Soft?

I was curious about teams passing on McKeown too considering he was widely considered to be the best skating D-man. A Can Fowler clone. Soft?

I'm thinking Roland brings a lot more physicality and moxy than Fowler could ever muster. Cam will never be a physical force, but he is still learning and evolving. I really like McKowen's wheels, but Cam seems to have a more effortless stride. Roland has a real chance to be a great all round gem, where Cam will always be one dimensional.

• Like 1

Well, his GM and coach in Kingston have referred to McKeown as a Scott Niedermeyer type of defender. I wanted the Flyers to draft McKeown, but at the same time, watching the video on Aube-Kubel, he seems to be a bit like Simon Gagne was his draft year. Blazing speed, good hands, a bit on the small side, and very good hockey IQ. He also just turned 18, so it will certainly be interesting to see how his game grows from here. If he ends up with a Gagne like jump (Simon went from 69 points his draft year to 120 points after being drafted), then it's possible that the Flyers have found yet another legitimate right winger who can be put beside either Couturier or Schenn.