Another Flyers rumor(It's August and it's slow...)

DaGreatGazoo

Complements for our friends at orangeandblackpack.com 

Ahhh, another August day, another Flyers rumor. This one is brought to you by our hometown's beloved Eklund. Last night, the gossip chemist reported that the Orange & Black are in talks with Winnipeg under the table.

Calm your hearts, peeps, this ain't about Kane.

Allegedly, we're trying to clear enough space to acquire 24yo Jets defenseman, Zach Bogosian, who's entering the second year of his 7-year, $36M contract -- $5,142,857 AAV.

Theoretically this could be accomplished if the Flyers (47 total contracts) deal multiple roster players, with bloated AAV's, to Winnipeg (45 total contracts) who currently have $7.9+ million in space.

Keep in mind, the Flyers do not necessarily NEED to clear space. We're a hair shy of $5m over the upper limit, but assuming both Pronger & Timonen are placed on LTIR before the season opens, we'd have enough LTI Relief to absorb that overage... plus an additional $2,005,000.

I dunno if this rumor has legs. I'm just now seeing it for myself. But Eklund did break the Del Zotto news bit prior to it becoming official, which is why I've shared this morsel this morning...

...that, and it's a slow news day. Take it all with a grain of salt, my friends.

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

But Eklund did break the Del Zotto news bit prior to it becoming official,

A blind squirrel gets lucky every once in awhile.  How much stock do you really put into this rumor? 

IF and a VERY BIG IF......if Bogosain would somehow miraculously land on the Flyers...who is the odd man out or in other words ... who is going to Winnipeg?  Truthfully I think this is more smoke than anything else.........

Meh....I'm iffy on Bogosian. I know he's a big guy that can skate and is good defensively, but he's so injury prone. At this point, if the Flyers look at anyone from Winterpeg, I'd love to see Enstrom be the guy they pick up. There's perfect Kimmo replacement and could play 25+ minutes a night. The only drawback is that Enstrom is a smaller guy, but you can't hit what you can't catch.......

I'm also iffy on Bogo....has a nice skill set, but always seems hurt. By now, we should know, boom or bust...but he's been hurt so often, it's still all about his potential. The only way to get this done is Braydon Schenn. I'm not thrilled with Braydon, but he does have potential....perhaps Braydon has more potential as a forward than Bogo does as a d-man? Perhaps Braydon has a higher ceiling than Bogo (despite the obvious that they play different positions)....these are serious questions that the Flyers as a org would have to ask themselves.

I'm also iffy on Bogo....has a nice skill set, but always seems hurt. By now, we should know, boom or bust...but he's been hurt so often, it's still all about his potential. The only way to get this done is Braydon Schenn. I'm not thrilled with Braydon, but he does have potential....perhaps Braydon has more potential as a forward than Bogo does as a d-man? Perhaps Braydon has a higher ceiling than Bogo (despite the obvious that they play different positions)....these are serious questions that the Flyers as a org would have to ask themselves.

I pass on this i'd rather spend that money on some other Dman just haven't been impressed with him.

A blind squirrel gets lucky every once in awhile.  How much stock do you really put into this rumor? 

IF and a VERY BIG IF......if Bogosain would somehow miraculously land on the Flyers...who is the odd man out or in other words ... who is going to Winnipeg?  Truthfully I think this is more smoke than anything else.........

wait..I broke the del zotto deal..ecklund just stole from me  :ph34r:

• Like 1