Gagne to attend Boston's training camp

hf101

At 34 Gagne is past his prime, but he is worth a look as a defensively minded skilled forward.

I think it is a good move by the Bruins giving him a shot at replacing Thornton on the fourth line.

At 34 Gagne is past his prime, but he is worth a look as a defensively minded skilled forward.

I think it is a good move by the Bruins giving him a shot at replacing Thornton on the fourth line.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah man no...............................Simon...................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HF!!!!!!!

No link???

WTF????

REPORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@hf101  GOOD GOD!!!   I CRINGE at the thought of Gagne as a Bruin....SICKENING!!   It's a good solid hockey move, but seeing him the Bruins Black and Gold would make me PUKE....I guaran-dam-tee I'd PUKE....WTF!!!

@hf101  As long he has not lost any of his patented speed, I can't think of a skill set better suited for 4th line than a guy like Gags. Very nice defensive awareness, match up nightmares with his speed...always a risk of taking off the other way and not being caught. If he lost even a bit of that speed (he was a full step slower than his prime the last time I saw him) I fear we have seen the last Simon, which would be a sad day....but not quite as sad as seeing him as a Bruin...I can't wrap my head around that. It would be worse seeing him as a a Leaf....so there is that......ha ha.

@jammer2

Think of it as a possible "Shelley" deal.   :P

Honestly I don't know why he wasn't given a look last season unless Simone himself wanted a year off to heal.

I said that last year and guys like ruxorad put me on blast saying he wasn't offered a contract and he was done and i stated later after he was acquired late in that season he looked good and played well on G's line and all i got back was he was done, washed up blah blah blah.

You cannot put those two together, it could be the end of the world....thanks.

I do not want to see Gagne in black and gold.....really....so i hope he doesn't make the team, hate to do that to him.

Gagne was a pretty good player.   But, he wasn't the horse that we were lead to expect.

I wish him the best.  I hope he lands a gig with whoever. 

As a bench player, I think he'd give a coach an extra weapon.

I said that last year and guys like ruxorad put me on blast saying he wasn't offered a contract and he was done and i stated later after he was acquired late in that season he looked good and played well on G's line and all i got back was he was done, washed up blah blah blah.

Never said anything of the kind. Got attacked for saying Homer misrepresented things to him.

But keep reaching.

The truth is out there.

Never said anything of the kind. Got attacked for saying Homer misrepresented things to him.

But keep reaching.

The truth is out there.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said "ruxorad" how do you know i was talking about you and not rux!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!

You two are one and the same..........NOW we have proof!!!!!!!!!!! :hocky:

I'ts all gooooooooood keep denying!!! 

Gagne would look good on the wing with Giroux and Jake :ph34r:

Eh, worth a tryout to say the least.  Push Akeson and Raffl, and if Gagne beats them out anyway, it works out for the Flyers.

@hf101  GOOD GOD!!!   I CRINGE at the thought of Gagne as a Bruin....SICKENING!!   It's a good solid hockey move, but seeing him the Bruins Black and Gold would make me PUKE....I guaran-dam-tee I'd PUKE....WTF!!!

Ugh.  QFT.

@J0e Th0rnton  His speed has diminished, there is no doubt about that, but he is still faster than the average NHL'er...and his positioning is elite, which can make up for a lack of foot speed. Who knows what a present day Gagne skates like? He could have regressed to the point where he is no longer NHL relevant, time will tell. The last time I saw him, he had lost at least a half a step, hopefully that trend does not continue. He's one of those warriors who I would like to see retire on his own terms, not because his skills have diminished to the point where he is no longer useful, that would be sad.

I love Gags and hope he does well whatever / wherever he does / goes.....

But I will say this, it will be MUCH HARDER seeing him in a uniform that represents a team in the East more than the West.

Archived