Card Collectors

nossagog

Anyone out there card collectors?  I collected  quite a few years back when the Pens won their first two cups, but got frustrated with the industry and all the "special" cards they put out.   My best card is a Mint Mario Lemieux OPC premier rookie card.  I also have a full set of Mario Lemieux Bun Bar cards(actually, I think upstairs I have a full box of unopended Mario Bun Bars".

@nossagog  One of my many moves left me minus my whole treasured collection of elite cards.  Just trusted the wrong person, a rare lapse in judgement, even in my drinking days. I had 9 Gretzky rookies, every Bobby Orr card, every Phil and Tony Espo card....among many many others, including every Flyer rookie card you'd ever want to see.....and yeah, all sold for crack.

Anyone out there card collectors? I collected quite a few years back when the Pens won their first two cups, but got frustrated with the industry and all the "special" cards they put out. My best card is a Mint Mario Lemieux OPC premier rookie card. I also have a full set of Mario Lemieux Bun Bar cards(actually, I think upstairs I have a full box of unopended Mario Bun Bars".

Dare I ask what a "Bun Bar" is?

I have a Robert Earl Clarke rookie and a bunch of other early Flyers.

Boy do I collect. Well over a hundred thousand cards and counting, I hit card stores any time we are in a different town, I just pre ordered my O Pee Chee six hundred card set for 2014-15, not just cards but books, THN magazines, way too much stuff, but mercifully a patient wife.

Dare I ask what a "Bun Bar" is?

I have a Robert Earl Clarke rookie and a bunch of other early Flyers.

Candy bar.  They had a set of I think three cards that they put in the packages just for BUN.   You can probably google Mario Bun and see them.

@nossagog  One of my many moves left me minus my whole treasured collection of elite cards.  Just trusted the wrong person, a rare lapse in judgement, even in my drinking days. I had 9 Gretzky rookies, every Bobby Orr card, every Phil and Tony Espo card....among many many others, including every Flyer rookie card you'd ever want to see.....and yeah, all sold for crack.

Dude, that IS a bummer, just thinking what the Gretzky rookies would be worth, and the Bobby Orr cards.   Damn.

oh man...that is painful just reading.  I am so sorry...sounds like you had quite a collection.

I have a couple thousand, mostly from the mid to late 80's and early 90's.  My only claim to fame.. a Tony Dorsett rookie card and a Mario Lemieux rookie card that is signed.

I have a Legion of Doom plague with all three cards signed by each member.

I have been putting together the Dad's Cookie cards from 70-71, just got the Rogier CroZier and Lou Angotti ones in the mail today. I am a half a dozen cards from completing the set, the biggies, Orr and Dave Keon. The others I just haven't found.

I collect all WHA cards, I have every card printed of them, at least every card that I know of.

I am a bit of an autograph hound, I have autographed cards of every member of the 97 and 98 Wings excepting Marty Lapointe and Tomas Sandstrom. Altogether I have hundreds, probably close to a thousand autographed cards.

I also have written to retired players asking them if they would mind sharing memories of their playing days, some write back, others don't which is fine. Paul Woods and I regularly correspond. Great guy. Bob Woytowich was my first autograph, he had a kind of sort of NHL career before finishing with 4 years in the WHA, I regularly wrote back and forth with him until he passed away twenty five or thirty years ago, his stories of the WHA got me hooked. A super great guy.

I have a card, at least one, of every player who has won a cup going back over fifty years who has had a card printed.

I need a life. Thank God somewhere along the way I was blessed with a patient wife who understands my love for the sport and who actually shares it with me.

I also have written to retired players asking them if they would mind sharing memories of their playing days, some write back, others don't which is fine. Paul Woods and I regularly correspond. Great guy. Bob Woytowich was my first autograph, he had a kind of sort of NHL career before finishing with 4 years in the WHA, I regularly wrote back and forth with him until he passed away twenty five or thirty years ago, his stories of the WHA got me hooked. A super great guy.

That is beyond cool. I'm such a HUGE Paul Woods fan, loved that guy....he just brought it each and every shift!!  Very underrated player.

That is beyond cool. I'm such a HUGE Paul Woods fan, loved that guy....he just brought it each and every shift!!  Very underrated player.

It started a dozen years ago when I sent a hand written letter thanking him for the memories and asking for an autograph, he wrote a letter back, thanking me for remembering his playing days. He of course stuck around as a radio color guy now forever. Anyway, I write to him, he always writes back, I ask about memories of guys he played with, Huber was a favorite of his to pick on, I never ask about the current players because I wouldn't think it was fair to put him on the spot.

Archived