Penguins’ signing of Daniel Carcillo, Steve Downie makes Mario Lemieux a hypocrite

Irishjim

By: Adam Proteau on 

September 4, 2014

In the winter of 2011, Penguins owner Mario Lemieux sent a strong and public message to the NHL in regard to a “sideshow” brawl between his franchise’s players and those of the New York Islanders. Calling the incident a “travesty”, the retired Hall-of-Famer went on to talk about the type of league and ggame he wanted to be associated with:

“We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players,” Lemieux said. “We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated.”

so what does he do, read full article here----> http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/penguins-signing-of-daniel-carcillo-steve-downie-makes-mario-lemieux-a-hypocrite/

Mario's own actions as a player makes him a hypocrite. He was in more than a couple of fights and it's not like they were all one-on-one. Some of which he even instigated.

I don't like dirty hockey at all, but there seems to be this idea that any time something like that happens, the game is just an absolute disgrace. There's this reaction like it's total chaos all the time and to be honest, the game was a f-cking freak show in the 70s and parts of the 80s. It was way dirtier then.

Neals gone. But it certainly doesn't and has never looked like Mario cares about the integrity of the game or player safety...he's employed a contender for "dirtiest player in the league" pretty much his entire tenure as an owner.

Neals gone. But it certainly doesn't and has never looked like Mario cares about the integrity of the game or player safety...he's employed a contender for "dirtiest player in the league" pretty much his entire tenure as an owner.

totally forgot about Neal FC...   one dirtbag out and another dirtbag in...

I have been holding on to the idea that Downie can be controlled by Tocchet and presents the dog on a leash idea to scare away would be transgressors. This Carcillo garbage blows my mind. I'll defend Lemieux's words till the day I die and he's 100% correct. But the league has done nothing to protect star players so at some point you have to bring in riff raff to do it I suppose. I'm only hoping Carcillo gets bounced. Downie is tough enough to accept.

@Polaris922 If Carbomb makes the Pens, I will lead a movement to send you a Carcillo t-shirt, just so you never forget he was such an important piece of the Pen's puzzle...... :D

Moments like this should be treasured, commemorated....cherished.

I had hopes for him as a baby pen... Then I saw him at the NHL level and was glad they gave up on him. Now I hope he gets dropped and quickly.

Archived