Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hagg had a goal and an assist last night (-2) in the Phantoms 5-4 victory. 

He has 1g, 4a in 5 games, 15 SOG, and a +/- of 0.

Laughton also had a goal (OT game winner while 3-on-3) and an assist, bringing him to 5g, 2a in 5 games. He has 11 SOG for a sick 45% shooting percentage.

Cousins had the same and leads the Phantoms with 2g, 6a. That's very promising considering his subpar season last year, his first year as a pro (29pts in 74 games).

Those are your top 3 Phantoms as of right now (Cousins, Laughton, Hagg).

Oh, and Manning had a few points, but you know, who cares, right? :)

Hagg had a goal and an assist last night (-2) in the Phantoms 5-4 victory. 

He has 1g, 4a in 5 games, 15 SOG, and a +/- of 0.

Laughton also had a goal (OT game winner while 3-on-3) and an assist, bringing him to 5g, 2a in 5 games. He has 11 SOG for a sick 45% shooting percentage.

Cousins had the same and leads the Phantoms with 2g, 6a. That's very promising considering his subpar season last year, his first year as a pro (29pts in 74 games).

Those are your top 3 Phantoms as of right now (Cousins, Laughton, Hagg).

Oh, and Manning had a few points, but you know, who cares, right? :)

I brought this up in the shoutbox last night.

Why the hell Stolarz didn't play last night in back to back games (that is what a backup goalie is for) is just befuddling to me.

How the hell the Flyers expect this kid to develop and grow and they haven't played him but in one friggin game up until this point.

I have nothing against Zepp i just think at 31 he should be backing up Stolarz and letting Stolarz develop Zepp is as good as he is going to get. Stolarz is 20 and needs the minutes so he should be playing more no goaltender was ever developed opening the bench gate.

If they were not going to play him they should have just sent him back to London for his overage season so he could at least play. I really have concerns about the Flyers and their developing technique........really.

And future Flyer Connor McDavid has 34 points in 12 games...his Erie Otters have 23 points in 12 games.

I've watched a few periods of Otter hockey, man oh man, does that team have some superior speed! 

Scott Laughton was named AHL player of the week with back to back 2 goal games, including two on the pp and one shorty. 

I noticed he had a game where he didn't score at all...maybe we should cut ties with him while he's still worth something?

I sure wish he was getting Jason Akeson's 3:35 on the fourth line instead of playing big minutes in the AHL developing his offensive game. Or maybe Blair Jones' 5:36. Or Vandevelde's 6:27.

:ph34r:

Weird stat: the Phantoms are 4-2, with 6 players with positive +/- and 14 with negatives. Laughton is second in points and Haag is third, both are a -1. Laughton is shooting at over 38% right now, with 5 goals in 6 games. Cousins is second first on the team in points.

The prospects seem to be doing well in general: Laughton 5g, 2a in 6 games, Cousins 2g 6a in 6; Haag 1g, 4a; Leier 1g, 2a; Stolarz has a 2.54gaa and 0.922 sv% in two losses. Ghost had 1g and 1a in 3 games, I'm not sure what game he missed or why, other than the ones on Friday and Saturday after his callup.

• 2 weeks later...

@jammer2

I would say so. I'd put him a step below Crosby (his shot has to get better) at his age. 

Nice story in today's Toronto Sun, compares Crosby to McDavid at their ages. Apparently, McDavid's skating is considerably further ahead than Crosby was at Conners age. I like the way the article points out Crosby's tendency to grind it out, where McDavid is just a pure speedster, scoring off the rush at will. High praise indeed....faster than Patrick Kane....wow, that guy has some serious wheels...so to say Conner's faster, that is impressive as all hell.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/04/erie-otters-star-connor-mcdavid-may-be-better-than-sidney-crosby-at-age-17

@jammer2

He's noticeably faster than anyone else on the ice. No matter who they play. And the fact he can handle the puck at top speed makes him scary. Losing BOTH his wingers from last year, heck, I thought it would have an effect. The effect was, he's better.

McDavid on a 2.81 ppg pace. The alltime record of 192 OHL points in a season set by Bobby Smith was 2.82 ppg in a more wide open undercoached time. McDavid won't break the points record because he'll miss games during the world juniors. But man is he fun to watch.

McDavid on a 2.81 ppg pace. The alltime record of 192 OHL points in a season set by Bobby Smith was 2.82 ppg in a more wide open undercoached time. McDavid won't break the points record because he'll miss games during the world juniors. But man is he fun to watch.

Crazy. I remember Mario had a 4.02 PPG pace in junior. He finished with 282 points in 70 games.

@flyercanuck  Fazleev is looking very promising for a late round flyer.He's on the top pp this year in Calgary and looks very confident. Interesting prospect, love the fact I can kill to birds with one stone by seeing Sanheim and Faz play in Hitmen games. They both work very well together on the give and go's and always seem to know what the other one is gonna do before it happens. Very cool to watch. Don't know if it's because they are both Flyer picks and put in extra time learning each others tendencies, but they have great chemistry.

@Vanflyer  Some of the goals scored in the Q just leaves you scratching your head. Defense, for the most part is non-existent. Also, the once proud goalie factory has stalled out....a LOT of the goalies in the Q are quite stinky. A generality of course, but that is what I'm seeing.

Archived