Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Phantoms lose the 1st game of the season 4-3. Look can someone explain to me why they even have Stolarz if they are never going to play him?? Why start Labarbera hell throw the kid a bone.

Labarbera give up 4 goals on 26 shots...big whoop i guess no sense in trying to develop a goalie. Let the kid play the 1st game damn.

Labarbera is thirty friggin 5...

Goulbourne -3

Labarbera is the first call up in case of injury. Can't have him sitting on the bench most of the year. I get what you're saying - Stolarz needs to play. But he's years away from the NHL. He'll get his starts over the course of time.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Labarbera is the first call up in case of injury. Can't have him sitting on the bench most of the year. I get what you're saying - Stolarz needs to play. But he's years away from the NHL. He'll get his starts over the course of time.

I never said that we're talking about the season opener. Throw the kid a bone for chrisf sake....

I've never been impressed with Manning, I don't know what the Flyers see in him. Maybe it's like you say, time is running out for him so give him one (hopefully) last look.

When I watch him play, I get a "meh" reaction like many other posters....BUT, if you check out his AHL stats, he has steadily increased his offensive output, scoring 21 pts as a AHL rookie 3 years ago, then 31 two years ago, a nice total of 43 pts in 62 games last year for the Phantoms. Some nice PIM totals also, showing some grit....2 yrs ago had 231 PIM, last year got it down to 150....question is, how many of those are minors, can't find that stat right now, but would be nice to know.

Has anyone seen Manning fight? How tough is he?  I don't recall seeing him go.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=112785

I do think Alt is a better skater and has better hockey sense, but right now, if the Flyers tried to slip Manning down to the AHL, I'm thinking a 80% chance he gets claimed and we lose him (and the 3 years invested in him) for nothing.

It is quite possible they are taking a good long look, so if they are forced to send him down, due to others excelling, they will know 100% what they have.

Of course, another possible factor with Manning is allowing him to play and hoping he shows enough to get a late draft pick for him....which would be a just reward for investing 3 years developing him.

Sanheim had 1 G 3 A last night and Fazleev 1 G 2 A

Provorov had 3 A

Sanheim and Provorov are tied for 11th in league scoring.

Latest updated WHL stats show Sans tied for 3rd in scoring with 12 pts in 7 games and Prov is tied for 4th with a bunch of other guys with 11 pts in 7 games.

Man oh man...would it not be incredible if the 2 Flyer prospects finished in the leagues top 5 scorers. Pretty sure there have not been two defensive prospects drafted by one team that have burned a league to that extent....the sky is the limit, for both WHL stars.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/llead.php?mode=points&league=WHL

Of course, another possible factor with Manning is allowing him to play and hoping he shows enough to get a late draft pick for him....which would be a just reward for investing 3 years developing him.

That's the most I would hope for from Manning.

Konecny added another assist last night...Provorov had 2 and Aube-Kubel scored a goal.

I'm telling ya they need to trade these guys while they are playing well, you can surely gets some good picks and prospects for them... ;)

Looks like the Phantoms have a rash of injuries to start the season losing to W-B/ Scranton 6-4.

No Hagg before the game and Mcdud, Parks, Martel and Bardreau hurt during the game.

Labarbera 0-2 (31 shots-25 saves) to start the season.

I know Stolarz played friday in a 2-1 win but i want to see him get the lion share of the starts i think he has watched enough....time for him to play at least 60% of the games.

Phantoms need to work on their special teams for sure. They have up 4 goals on 6 PPs....that isn't going to get it done...and then went 1 for 4.

Morin 2 penalties and Ghost with a delay of game must pick it up.

Sanheim had 3 assists and he sits in 12th overall in WHL scoring...top scoring Dman.

Good thing next year when he is in the AHL it will make him the most talented Phantoms they've ever had on the blueline since i have been following them. NICE!

From today's Hockey News webpage:

Hot Squad: Philadelphia Flyers picks are killin’ it so far this fall. In Russia, 2015 fourth-rounder Mikhail Vorobyov is a top-10 scorer in the KHL’s junior circuit, putting up 16 points in 14 games for Tolpar Ufa. In Sweden, 2014 fifth-rounder Oskar Lindblom is playing on Brynas’ top line in the SHL and leads all junior-aged scorers with eight points in 10 games. In North America, 2015 first-rounder Travis Konecny is red-hot for OHL Ottawa with 15 points in 10 games – the same stat line defenseman Travis Sanheim (2014 first-rounder) is rocking for WHL Calgary.

Looks like Hexy's undrafted free agent Philippe Meyers is off to a good start in the Q 5 goals 5 assists 10 pts +10 in 13 GP.

I seen Sanheim and Provorov getting some love but not this kid...just thought i'd mention it.

Do we also talk about the Phantoms here?

Anyways, I've watched a bit of their games, including last night, and I can say that Labarbera has been dreadful. I know it's early, but I sure hope Stolarz can steal the starting job from him (he doesn't have to do much). The team in general hasn't been all that good though, but hopefully that's just because it's early in the year.

Do we also talk about the Phantoms here?

Anyways, I've watched a bit of their games, including last night, and I can say that Labarbera has been dreadful. I know it's early, but I sure hope Stolarz can steal the starting job from him (he doesn't have to do much). The team in general hasn't been all that good though, but hopefully that's just because it's early in the year.

It's funny you should say that i screwed up early this morning and posted about Labarbera this morning and how he has basically sucked. I just put it in the Travis Konecny thread by mistake...hey it was early and i hadn't had my morning coffee.

But he was called up to back up Mason so i said i hope Stollie gets in and plays well tonight and keeps it.

Goulbourne 1st star as the Phantoms win, scores a goal, almost a second, and, oh yea, a dramatic one punch knock-out!

Anyone have video of this Goul vs Camara fight....I can't seem to find it anywhere....wanna see it!!

Archived