Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Sanheim looked the best of the bunch of the kids, from camp. His play in the whl is only raising the bar. He could be the best flyer prospect in the entire system.... Including players who have even played in the nhl this year

Absolutely! I watched a few clips of him recently - and man the dude can fly. Great poise too.

I saw him in the preseason games and he looked fine too - still underweight and a little unsure of himself, but his wheels and breakout passes were excellent.

I don't know why but I get the feeling Morin will be somewhat of a bust.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why but I get the feeling Morin will be somewhat of a bust.

I think the Morin pick was always gonna be boom or bust, on any team. What gives you that feeling is the Flyers' abysmal record in developing players, especially D-men. 

I think the Morin pick was always gonna be boom or bust, on any team. What gives you that feeling is the Flyers' abysmal record in developing players, especially D-men. 

I had some doubts about Morin before this year but I was really impressed with him in the pre-season. I don't think he's very far away from being NHL ready, although I think a year in the AHL would be a good idea.

I had some doubts about Morin before this year but I was really impressed with him in the pre-season. I don't think he's very far away from being NHL ready, although I think a year in the AHL would be a good idea.

I miss being able to go to Q games and scout guys like him....

Morin stood out on the better side of expectations for me. Patience will be the key. Growing into that body type will be hard enough, let alone developing better than average skating and puck skills. His skating at this stage was a plus. What is his time frame for coming back?

Absolutely! I watched a few clips of him recently - and man the dude can fly. Great poise too.

I saw him in the preseason games and he looked fine too - still underweight and a little unsure of himself, but his wheels and breakout passes were excellent.

I don't know why but I get the feeling Morin will be somewhat of a bust.[/quote

Sanheims passing and poise is what stood out the most for me. He has a better outlet pass than any flyer dman !

I think they both have a shot. Morin moreso just because of his age. I could see Sanheim making it as the 7th defenceman though. They're both good players but Canada is usually stacked at D. At least neither has to beat Ekblad out.

http://www6.hockeystreams.com/

I miss being able to go to Q games and scout guys like him....

100 bucks a year for every NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, QHL games. I've seen the Hitmen 3 times already. I figured, this could be the last time we have this kind of defensive depth for prospects, so it was worth the money to watch them all grow. Another nice thing, all games are automatically DVR'ed, so you can watch blocks of games at a time, all there at the click of the mouse. Nice to not have to set the DVR, looking which channel it's on etc...

100 bucks a year for every NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, QHL games. I've seen the Hitmen 3 times already. I figured, this could be the last time we have this kind of defensive depth for prospects, so it was worth the money to watch them all grow. Another nice thing, all games are automatically DVR'ed, so you can watch blocks of games at a time, all there at the click of the mouse. Nice to not have to set the DVR, looking which channel it's on etc...

Yeah, I really should look into that. Cheers.

@OccamsRazor

Awesome!

There were 25,214 teddy bears flying through the air in Calgary Sunday night as the WHL’s Hitmen held their annual Teddy Bear Toss night. WOW!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/watch-8-888-stuffed-animals-hit-ice-for-calgary-hitmen-s-teddy-bear-toss--video-001122563.html

Sanheim cut from Team Canada a few hours ago. No shame not making this deep roster. Good experience for him anyways.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/14/canada-hammers-university-stars-in-world-junior-tuneup

Did i miss something i saw nothing mentioned about Sanheim not making it??? I have been drinking................................alot so forgive me if i missed it i am watching these stupid Iggles so it hard not to drink more.....

@OccamsRazor "That’s true. Canada’s 22-player roster began to round into shape, and that was before defencemen Chris Bigras and Travis Sanheim and forwards Remi Elie, Morgan Klimchuk and Nick Baptiste were released."

Surprised that Bigras was released. Some feel he may have regressed, but maybe it's just a case of the competition being that good?

Sanheim cut from Team Canada a few hours ago. No shame not making this deep roster. Good experience for him anyways.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/14/canada-hammers-university-stars-in-world-junior-tuneup

Pretty rare for an 18 year old Dman to make TC. Ekblad would but thats a whole different animal. No big deal.

Hopefully Sanheim plays the rest of the year with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and elevates his game to another level. Being cut isn't the worst thing. Happened to Giroux as well with regards to Team Canada and the WJC.

Like fc said, it is pretty rare for a 18 year old d-man to make Team Canada, it does happen (think there is one this year for instance), but it is not a regular occurrence. The promising thing is I've read Sanheim is a virtual lock for next years team. I expect Nurse to be one of our better players and really dominate this years tourny. Can't wait to see him smoke some Russians tomorrow!!

Archived