Berube / Flyers over utilizing Giroux....or?

Vanflyer

Yet, Hextall gets a pass in his first year here

He should get a pass, no?  He walked into a horrible situation and besides adding a few vet minimum contracts, he has had 0 chances to put his true stamp on this team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To borrow from another thread, when you are given a skunk, it will stink regardless what colors you want to paint it.

I will re-itterate that the pre-lindros teams of late 80's / early 90's were horrid, yet their compete level was near 100%. They never gave up. Thats all I ever ask of a hockey club at any level.

To bring it full circle, the GM is responsible for making that happen. Yet, Hextall gets a pass in his first year here. No matter how much you try to shine a turd, it will still stink.

And Hextalls philosophy of making prospects earn their way onto the Flyers will hopefully bring that back. 

To borrow from another thread, when you are given a skunk, it will stink regardless what colors you want to paint it.

I will re-itterate that the pre-lindros teams of late 80's / early 90's were horrid, yet their compete level was near 100%. They never gave up. Thats all I ever ask of a hockey club at any level.

To bring it full circle, the GM is responsible for making that happen. Yet, Hextall gets a pass in his first year here. No matter how much you try to shine a turd, it will still stink.

Respectfully disagree. The coach is responsible for the compete level. The GM isn't in the room or behind the bench.

And Hextall was handed a turd, not matter how much it gets polished.

"you can't change the players" - Ed Snider

Respectfully disagree. The coach is responsible for the compete level. The GM isn't in the room or behind the bench.

And Hextall was handed a turd, not matter how much it gets polished.

"you can't change the players" - Ed Snider

The coach can yell, scream, encourage, bribe, and bake all they want, but bums are bums. A player who had to work continuously to make the big leagues isn't as likely to ignore coaching.

The players are responsible for their own play and actions on/off the ice (especially relating to their job). Coaches are responsible for development, game prep, and game management. GMs set the team strategic plan and execute it (players, coaches, philosophies, etc).

No coach can make Zherdev try, and that's not the coach's fault whatsoever.

I'll go ahead and use a name.

Craig Berube.

Yeah 1-19 over the last 6 games is one elephant in the room that needs to be acknowledged..............just turrible when you have an extra guy and you can't score. This team just passes waaaaaaay to damn much and then when they do shoot it's always a low percentage shot. This group sometimes just looks brain dead. yuck.gif

He should get a pass, no? He walked into a horrible situation and besides adding a few vet minimum contracts, he has had 0 chances to put his true stamp on this team.

that was what I was saying. However, the umberger / hartnell trade was garbage and not a good hallmark of a trade for a "get out of a jail free" card gm. He burned that card with that trade and now has no more hall passes.

The coach can yell, scream, encourage, bribe, and bake all they want, but bums are bums. A player who had to work continuously to make the big leagues isn't as likely to ignore coaching.

The players are responsible for their own play and actions on/off the ice (especially relating to their job). Coaches are responsible for development, game prep, and game management. GMs set the team strategic plan and execute it (players, coaches, philosophies, etc).

No coach can make Zherdev try, and that's not the coach's fault whatsoever.

Sure, I obviously agree.

The context was that it ia homers team that he constructed.

Who signed Zherdev?

There you go.

Sure, I obviously agree.

The context was that it ia homers team that he constructed.

Who signed Zherdev?

There you go.

sure, i understand it's on the players but like i said it's all about putting the players in the right position and that's on the coach, he keeps screwing up the chemistry, i dont care how much money this player or that player is making, if your team is playing well without vinny then put him somewhere on the 4th line where it wont hurt the chemistry, if the team is playing better wthout coburn and old mcdonald put them on third pairing and keep the ones that are playing well on the first two pairings.

if your team is playing well without vinny then put him somewhere on the 4th line where it wont hurt the chemistry,

Thats an idylistic view, but not the way it works. You don't think (despite his claims to be hands off) the old man is saying WTF am I paying 4.7m for a guy to play on the fourth line for>???

Agreed, but I thought you said the coach was responsible for the player compete level.

Coach can scratch players or reduce ice time if a guy isn't performing.

Read the whole thread, I'm at a bar on my phone watching football :-)

Coach can scratch players or reduce ice time if a guy isn't performing.

Read the whole thread, I'm at a bar on my phone watching football :-)

Is this a bar app on your phone or are you watching football on your phone?

Is this a bar app on your phone or are you watching football on your phone?

I started to post the same inuendo, but figured some smarmy mf'er like you would come along and do it better than I could. :=P

@Vanflyer   They have to get G off that half wall on the pp. There is nothing happening there, he's basically being wasted. He does not shoot from there and it always seems like all the passing lanes are being cut off. Put him behind the net on the pp, switch it up already. At least then forwards can circle to get free or d-men can create a mismatch by sneaking up from the point. The way it is now, it's just totally stagnated.

On point he can pass,shoot or skate to the net. JMO

Thats an idylistic view, but not the way it works. You don't think (despite his claims to be hands off) the old man is saying WTF am I paying 4.7m for a guy to play on the fourth line for>???

let's ask mike richards on the kings.

Archived