Berube / Flyers over utilizing Giroux....or?

Vanflyer

Almost 24 minutes of ice time tonight. Giroux is a great talent, but 24 minutes????

That tells me one of two things:

1) The coach is an idiot

or

2) The squad is so bad that the coach has no choice.

Hextall is not going anywhere. Tic Toc for Berube. This is a .400 club and will not be in the sweepsteaks. The compete level is **** e.

Tic Toc.

Lets see who rules the roost and if Snider is really hands off. I can't see Berube making it through the season.

I will have to go find that first coach to be fired pool again.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vanflyer   They have to get G off that half wall on the pp. There is nothing happening there, he's basically being wasted. He does not shoot from there and it always seems like all the passing lanes are being cut off. Put him behind the net on the pp, switch it up already. At least then forwards can circle to get free or d-men can create a mismatch by sneaking up from the point. The way it is now, it's just totally stagnated.

Almost 24 minutes of ice time tonight. Giroux is a great talent, but 24 minutes????

That tells me one of two things:

1) The coach is an idiot

or

2) The squad is so bad that the coach has no choice.

Hextall is not going anywhere. Tic Toc for Berube. This is a .400 club and will not be in the sweepsteaks. The compete level is **** e.

Tic Toc.

Lets see who rules the roost and if Snider is really hands off. I can't see Berube making it through the season.

I will have to go find that first coach to be fired pool again.

I think you have been listening to phlfly for too long....... :ph34r:

Why exactly did they have to try and put square peg VLC in the round hole again? Yes I know he scored the only goal but that was sheer luck. He was awful most of the night and down right horrible on the PP. Luongo did a good job of making everyone look bad tonight. Except for the first 15 minutes, this was a pretty entertaining game. The Flyers were competitive tonight, hell even the d-men were not an issue.....comparatively speaking anyhow.....

Why exactly did they have to try and put square peg VLC in the round hole again? Yes I know he scored the only goal but that was sheer luck. He was awful most of the night and down right horrible on the PP. Luongo did a good job of making everyone look bad tonight. Except for the first 15 minutes, this was a pretty entertaining game. The Flyers were competitive tonight, hell even the d-men were not an issue.....comparatively speaking anyhow.....

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that Giroux played 24 minutes because of VLC???

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that Giroux played 24 minutes because of VLC???

No, that is not what I meant. Those are a lot of minutes for a forward to be playing but there are a couple of things that skewed that. They had six or seven PP and pulled the goalie for the last 4 minutes so Giroux was out on the ice for the majority of it. Giroux's play looked strong even with the extended ice time but I don't want to see him logging this kind of time regularly. I was unhappy with VLC being shoved/forced down our collective throats yet again. They shuffle the lines trying to accommodate him at the cost of breaking up 2 or three of your regular lines and making them play out of position. DUMB!

For eight million bucks,twenty four minuets doesn't seem excessive. When is he going to lead? Score a goal? The Flyers are a small,slow, low end team thanks to Homer and Clarkie.

This blueline should be referred to as the Matadors......flash the red cape then pull it away to let them have at it!!!!

I was unhappy with VLC being shoved/forced down our collective throats yet again.

That is what me and Jammer were saying before the game.....but folks were using his salary to justify his ice time i won't say no names but we were saying to put him on the 4th line to ease him into the lineup then people were clamouring for him to be put on the 2nd because he was making such and such ah fcuk it i'm going to bed cause i don't give a phuck good night all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were behind in the score most of the game that resulted in them chasing the game which hinders rolling 4 lines.

By a single goal until the 5 min left in the game. Good point on the PP toi. But the flyers certainly have to figure out an "option b" in that regard. Center is the most difficult forward position to play (for many reasons, and one of them is you have to skate 200 feet of ice). I just looked it up. G is leading the league in TOI as a center (not by much mind you), but still. There has to be a second silver bullet.

No, that is not what I meant. Those are a lot of minutes for a forward to be playing but there are a couple of things that skewed that. They had six or seven PP and pulled the goalie for the last 4 minutes so Giroux was out on the ice for the majority of it. Giroux's play looked strong even with the extended ice time but I don't want to see him logging this kind of time regularly. I was unhappy with VLC being shoved/forced down our collective throats yet again. They shuffle the lines trying to accommodate him at the cost of breaking up 2 or three of your regular lines and making them play out of position. DUMB!

Yeah, @hf101 commented on that as well, so I guess I was a bit knee jerk. I still think we need a second bullet in the chamber.

Giroux also has bad tendencies to overstay his shifts and get selfish.

I am not sure how I feel about that. Meaning, I want my captain to be hungry and not want to leave the ice, yet there is a respsonsibility regarding your shift / overstaying it. It can **** up the lines, and also **** up the ability of a superstar.

I am not sure how I feel about that. Meaning, I want my captain to be hungry and not want to leave the ice, yet there is a respsonsibility regarding your shift / overstaying it. It can **** up the lines, and also **** up the ability of a superstar.

I want him to finish maturing, lead by example, and remember it's a team sport - not superstar sport (basketball). Basically, be Toews.

His other tendency involves how easy it is to get him frustrated. It is really annoying because his next step is do something stupid, which always takes his head out of the game, and sometimes earns him 2 minutes.

Giroux, despite his skill and success, still has some self improvement to do.

Well boys a huge Fan of the Flyers for many years! My take on G is a great player but maybe doesn't have the captain material. Except against a few teams. I know G can't do everything and you can't play every game like it's your last but something is missing. As far as a coach won't happen to end of season and will be Hexy's guy. I'm telling my self 2 yrs and there will many new guys by then

jeez this FL trip really brings out the worst. lol fans are bitching the team stinks it up in Florida every year. was that win streak so long ago? Raffl-Giroux-Voracek one of the hottest lines in the league, Emery now Mason playing great...easy does it the usual crap games in FL that's all.

My take on G is a great player but maybe doesn't have the captain material.

I don't think its necessarily captain material and my intent was never to throw G under the bus. Its more how he is used and / or the deficiencies of the team that caused him to be used excessively.

I think G is a fine captain. He leads by example and from what I can tell, leads in front of the cameras and leads in the room.

Joe Sakic was quiet captain, yet great. I think G's effort is mostly always there. Just that we really need a second bullet as I referred to before.

That is what me and Jammer were saying before the game.....but folks were using his salary to justify his ice time i won't say no names but we were saying to put him on the 4th line to ease him into the lineup then people were clamouring for him to be put on the 2nd because he was making such and such ah fcuk it i'm going to bed cause i don't give a phuck good night all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go ahead and use a name.

Craig Berube.

I'll go ahead and use a name.

Craig Berube.

To borrow from another thread, when you are given a skunk, it will stink regardless what colors you want to paint it.

I will re-itterate that the pre-lindros teams of late 80's / early 90's were horrid, yet their compete level was near 100%. They never gave up. Thats all I ever ask of a hockey club at any level.

To bring it full circle, the GM is responsible for making that happen. Yet, Hextall gets a pass in his first year here. No matter how much you try to shine a turd, it will still stink.

Archived