*SIGH* is it 2013 all over again?

CoachX

CoachX

As the old saying goes, the NHL season is not a sprint but a marathon, considering the injuries on the defense, being 4-5-2 after 11 games is not a bad thing. The coaching staff definitely has to figure out eh powerplay and hopefully the goalie duo of Mason/Emery give the team chances to win games. May be making a trade with Edmonton with the Schenn brothers going there might be the wakeup call the Flyers players need.

Especially considering their schedule. The Flyers came out ok, I don't think there can be another tough stretch like this one.

Would Hartnell be one of those veteran types that might be good to have around as you've/we've been discussing?

I think he fits the bill for me...

I'm starting to come down more with @Vanflyer on the whole Hartnell trade just being an egregious mistake.

I like the big goof and miss him (if you remember from the PTPITN days, that's not something I would have said), but I dunno. Alone or as the main leader? I don't know if I can see it. He was here last year and several years before that with this group and it's not like he put us over the top. But if they had one of those guys and him? Yeah, I could see him being a "lieutenant" for lack of a better word.

Umberger looks like he's 42 instead of 32. He is far too young to look this cooked. Read is also struggling. I'm hoping that line is simply having issues and they both bounce back a little. I really don't want Read to regress. Umberger, I can live with because he's gone in two years, but Read I am hoping to be a part of the core for  a while.

Look at this way: If they had both Hartnell and VLC, the might not be able to afford those kinds of guys we're discussing in the next couple of years. If it could have been VLC instead of Hartnell, I'd have done that in a heartbeat, but that was not the case.

I like the big goof and miss him (if you remember from the PTPITN days, that's not something I would have said), but I dunno. Alone or as the main leader? I don't know if I can see it. He was here last year and several years before that with this group and it's not like he put us over the top. But if they had one of those guys and him? Yeah, I could see him being a "lieutenant" for lack of a better word.

Umberger looks like he's 42 instead of 32. He is far too young to look this cooked. Read is also struggling. I'm hoping that line is simply having issues and they both bounce back a little. I really don't want Read to regress. Umberger, I can live with because he's gone in two years, but Read I am hoping to be a part of the core for  a while.

Look at this way: If they had both Hartnell and VLC, the might not be able to afford those kinds of guys we're discussing in the next couple of years. If it could have been VLC instead of Hartnell, I'd have done that in a heartbeat, but that was not the case.

I just think that Hartnell would have more value and they could have dealt him in the next couple of years when they needed to without needing to take on Umburglar's contract.

I'll wager Hartnell is filling the "veteran" role to a tee in Columbus.

@radoran   Saving a few years off Hart's deal was decent, but I can only imagine the haul Harts would have commanded at the trade deadline....quite possible he fetches a late first rounder to a contender looking to add a front of the net pp presence and some grit.

There aren't many Oilers that I'd want, other than the ones that are untouchable (Hall, Nurse, Draisaitl). Eberle I like, and he might be available in a trade, but he's also soft and seems to be getting softer. If he isn't scoring, he's a liability. Flyer fans would quickly sour on him if he wasn't scoring. 

Perron would be the guy I'd target. I think he's being wasted by Dallas Eakins and would be a great fit on the Giroux - Voracek line. As for Brayden Schenn, he's been playing much better since moving to the Couturier - Read line. Too bad Read has stunk it up this year. I'm wondering if he's injured because he just looks like a hot mess out there.....

Perron would be the guy I'd target. I think he's being wasted by Dallas Eakins and would be a great fit on the Giroux - Voracek line. As for Brayden Schenn, he's been playing much better since moving to the Couturier - Read line. Too bad Read has stunk it up this year. I'm wondering if he's injured because he just looks like a hot mess out there.....

I wouldn't say Read has stunk it up, he's played well on the PK and just isn't scoring. So I'll call it not fullfilling expectations...

sounds nicer.

I just think that Hartnell would have more value and they could have dealt him in the next couple of years when they needed to without needing to take on Umburglar's contract.

I'll wager Hartnell is filling the "veteran" role to a tee in Columbus.

The way I see it, he's been with this core for the last few years. Did he elevate their play? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean he can't be valuable. I don't think he fills that void by himself, but I do think if we had an Iginla, Pronger, Jager, or Timonen types of guys, he could definitely help. If he's still here, instead of Umberger, they still need that guy (probably a couple of them).

Perron would be the guy I'd target. I think he's being wasted by Dallas Eakins and would be a great fit on the Giroux - Voracek line. As for Brayden Schenn, he's been playing much better since moving to the Couturier - Read line. Too bad Read has stunk it up this year. I'm wondering if he's injured because he just looks like a hot mess out there...

Interesting point about Perron. I like his skill too. Much friendlier cap hit vs Eberle. 

I have not watched enough to comment on Read. An injury is a good possibility. When he's at his best he's using his speed. Is he looking slow, or just lost?

@Podein25

a combination of unlucky and lost.

I didn't notice him much last night but vs the Oil he was justthisclose to making plays but the puck would hop his stick or his pass would be to the backhand instead of the forehand.

Archived