Understand Sidney Crosby against the Philadelphia Flyers in 6 seconds

Irishjim

@Irishjime   Ahhhhh, Sid's immature attitude taking front and center. "Real" leaders find a way to overcome, not have little misguided fits of anger. How do you think his teammates feel when he acts like that. Needless to say, the next time the Flyers meet the Pens in the playoffs....BIG advantage Flyers, we are already in his head.

@Irishjime Ahhhhh, Sid's immature attitude taking front and center. "Real" leaders find a way to overcome, not have little misguided fits of anger. How do you think his teammates feel when he acts like that. Needless to say, the next time the Flyers meet the Pens in the playoffs....BIG advantage Flyers, we are already in his head.

Because Giroux never broke a stick in frustration... Good grief. That could be the DUMBEST video in the forums... I can't believe that's an article.

Because Giroux never broke a stick in frustration... Good grief. That could be the DUMBEST video in the forums... I can't believe that's an article.

Have to agree with you here. Every player gets frustrated and breaks stuff, slams doors, you name it and it's been done. Flyers fans, you can't honestly think making Sid mad is an accomplishment, can you? He's got two gold medals, a Stanley Cup and countless other awards... And the Flyers lately.....? Oh that's right...

Tomas Plekanec annoys Crosby too. Crosby came out and said it. But we don't act like we just won the cup every time we beat him in the regular season. And there won't be a next time for a playoff match up between the two any time soon if the Flyers play like they have... There won't even be a playoffs for the Flyers.

@B21 Thanks for that gif. Couldn't remember when it happened, but I knew it did haha

@ihabs1993

Making Sid mad IS an accomplishment...cause he gets thrown off his game. I just don't get how he lets himself get sucked into it every time.

And please, you can't compare the Flyer/Pen hate with Habs/Pens...if you want to look at Habs/Bruins, I can steer you to another thread. 

Making Sid mad IS an accomplishment...cause he gets thrown off his game. I just don't get how he lets himself get sucked into it every time.

It is really ridiculous.

He's not even charging rent for the Flyers to live in his head.

@ihabs1993

And please, you can't compare the Flyer/Pen hate with Habs/Pens...if you want to look at Habs/Bruins, I can steer you to another thread. 

I'm not comparing it to Flyers-Pens because YOU GUYS aren't talking about Flyers-Pens. You guys are talking about the Flyers-Crosby rivalry. What I'm saying is that Crosby is the most scrutinized player int the league by every team's coaching staff. Every player that goes up against him has a firm understanding of how to get under his skin. Play him hard and don't give him any space. Sure, it's nice to shut down the best player in the game. But it's not really worth cheering about when you're sitting on the outside of the playoff race in a disappointing start with your rivals in 1st. It makes you a one trick pony. Ok, you beat Crosby and the Pens... But you can't hold on to a 3-0 lead in the third period against the Canadiens? Come on now

@ihabs1993

Any sane Flyer fan knew this team was either going to be a lower seed playoff team or miss them outright. The Pens are always going to be favoured until Crosby/Malkin get old. The Flyers have a better chance of sweeping the Pens and winning the McDavid sweepstakes than winning the cup. So we'll take our little victories over the annointed one whenever we can get them.

@ihabs1993

Mmmmmm....maybe.  Derian Hatcher would disagree with you.  So would 75 points in 49 regular season games (I coundn't find the post season splits).

@ihabs1993

Any sane Flyer fan knew this team was either going to be a lower seed playoff team or miss them outright. The Pens are always going to be favoured until Crosby/Malkin get old. The Flyers have a better chance of sweeping the Pens and winning the McDavid sweepstakes than winning the cup. So we'll take our little victories over the annointed one whenever we can get them.

No faulting you guys there. Certainly explains The Shift. ;)

Have to agree with you here. Every player gets frustrated and breaks stuff, slams doors, you name it and it's been done. Flyers fans, you can't honestly think making Sid mad is an accomplishment, can you? He's got two gold medals, a Stanley Cup and countless other awards... And the Flyers lately.....? Oh that's right...

This. FC makes a good point, though. You have to "celebrate" what you can. The Shift.  Knocking the Pens out of the playoffs from time to time.  Owning CONSOL. Berube winning a shouting match with Granato. ;)  Who Dives More. Who's Dirtier. Who has more talent in the pipeline.

You knew times were tough for Flyers fans when they were aligning themselves with Tortsie when he was coach of the Rangers. ;)

its an article cause it gets people riled up..mission accomplished :thumbsu:   

This. FC makes a good point, though. You have to "celebrate" what you can. The Shift.  Knocking the Pens out of the playoffs from time to time.  Owning CONSOL. Berube winning a shouting match with Granato. ;)  Who Dives More. Who's Dirtier. Who has more talent in the pipeline.

You knew times were tough for Flyers fans when they were aligning themselves with Tortsie when he was coach of the Rangers. ;)

Sure, just like the Pens fans always gloat through the regular season....then watch their team underperform yet again in postseason.

I don't get the "Tortsie" comment....never liked him ever.

Sure, just like the Pens fans always gloat through the regular season....then watch their team underperform yet again in postseason.

Gloat? Underperform?

I don't consider a Cup, a Finals appearance, a conference final, two semifinals and two quarter finals in the past seven years "underperforming" in the salary cap era. Do I hope for more? Yes. Cnut honestly the only series that was a serious upset was the loss to the Flyers in the quarters. The loss to the lightning was an injury laden team, and the others were closer matchups from the start.

I remember very well what it was like to not even make the playoffs year in year out. Only a fool would complain about the Pens' recent success.

@Polaris922

I'm pretty sure most people thought a team made up of Crosby, Malkin, 1st overall pick Fleury, 2nd overall pick Staal and other top picks would have won more than one cup by now. Theres still plenty of time for that to happen. But so far, with TWO generational talents on one team I'd say ya, I expected more.

@Polaris922

I'm pretty sure most people thought a team made up of Crosby, Malkin, 1st overall pick Fleury, 2nd overall pick Staal and other top picks would have won more than one cup by now. Theres still plenty of time for that to happen. But so far, with TWO generational talents on one team I'd say ya, I expected more.

Before the salary cap era I'd agree. But since then? Chicago has Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook and just got their second... It's not easy during this era. Look at the Kings' lineup and they just got a second... I'm not counting my boys out... Plenty of time left.

Who is gloating? From what I can tell we all enjoy and appreciate what they have done in the regular season (and seasons past) but at the end of the day this team is measured by it's success (or lack of) in the post season.  Fans. Forums. Talk shows. Media.  That is by far the attitude towards this team. "Yeah (insert regular season accomplishment here) is great but....."

Re: Tortsie.  Rememeber his presser when he went off on the organization? End of the 2012 season?  I seem to recall lots of Flyers fans (not just here but in the comments you find under articles on sites like TSN and CBS) siding with him.

Archived