When raffl returns....

murraycraven

Just read a tweet that when raff is ready to return he will be back on the top line and Schenn will slide over to wing with Coots and simmer...

Does anyone else find this utterly negligent? Schenn has looked the best he has all season so why move him off the top line?

I get it is just Sam C reporting this but with berube constant line tinkering I would not be surprised.

Just read a tweet that when raffle is ready to return he will be back on the top line and Schenn will slide over to wing with Coots and simmer...

Does anyone fond this utterly negligent? Schenn has looked the best he has all season so why move him off the top line?

I get it is just Sam C reporting this but with berube constant line tinkering I would not be surprised.

I would want to see the lines as follows:

10-28-93

12-49-40

24-14-17

36-78-18

I can't see them moving them Vinny down. Ideally would have Bellemare on 2nd line and Vinny on 4th.

Raffl was playing very well in that slot too, but I agree with you. Normally I'm all for guys returning to their spot, but this could be an opportunity to jump start Cooter and Simmer without impacting anyone else. Who is actually their current winger? Read?

Raff is a nice player... Schenn is your "core" so put the kid in the best spot to succeed. He has played very well....

Agreed on Schenn, but to play devil's advocate, Raffle earned it. And who's to say Raffle won't end up core?

I totally understand that point of view. Schenn was the "best player not in the NHL" and the key cog in the trade of your franchise captain. Time for me to out the kid in the best situation and see if he is the long term solution...

It is a good problem to have but I would just like to see some stability on that first line wing...

Raff is a nice player... Schenn is your "core" so put the kid in the best spot to succeed. He has played very well....

It also could be a chance for Schenn to continue his inspired play and jump start Cooter and Simmer. Granted Cooter doesn't have the speed of Roo or Jake but he does have great hockey sense and pretty decent hands. There is also the option of flipping Raffl and Schenn if it does not appear to be working, like say 3 or 4 shifts into the next game........ :rolleyes:

The Flyers are a 1 line team right now.  In order to generate some additional offense I would move Schenn down and reinsert Raffl on the top line. I think Raffl was tied for the Flyers lead in goals before he went down with the injury - if I am correct.  Not bad for a player not getting any PP time.

The Flyers are a 1 line team right now.  In order to generate some additional offense I would move Schenn down and reinsert Raffl on the top line. I think Raffl was tied for the Flyers lead in goals before he went down with the injury - if I am correct.  Not bad for a player not getting any PP time.

Not sure of that move. I'd prefer to insert him on the 2nd or 3rd to ease him into the lineup...everytime the have just pu a guy back in where he was when he was healthy it disrupted the chemistry and they lost and took them a couple games to get it going again....they need as many points as they can muster now so that would be the main focus.

Getting a guy back great...but no matter who it is I don't belive in just putting them back in after missing weeks.

@OccamsRazor fair enough but the Flyers are in 5th last place.  What chemistry exactly are you looking to maintain?  So put Raffl back on the top line and give him 12 minutes and not 14 or 15.

I would like to have at least 2 lines that had a chance to score a goal and putting B. Schenn on a 2nd line immediately improves the 2nd line over what putting Raffl on the 2nd would do.  So I think the sum of the parts of reuniting Raffl with 28, 93 is higher than leaving B. Schenn there and moving Raffl down.

In the grand scheme of things for the team it is really not that big of a deal either way.

@OccamsRazor fair enough but the Flyers are in 5th last place.  What chemistry exactly are you looking to maintain?  So put Raffl back on the top line and give him 12 minutes and not 14 or 15.

I would like to have at least 2 lines that had a chance to score a goal and putting B. Schenn on a 2nd line immediately improves the 2nd line over what putting Raffl on the 2nd would do.  So I think the sum of the parts of reuniting Raffl with 28, 93 is higher than leaving B. Schenn there and moving Raffl down.

In the grand scheme of things for the team it is really not that big of a deal either way.

The chemistry I'm looking to maintain is what I seen from the Isles game it was a shutout in regulation so even though they didn't win they did some positive things they can build on and how do we know that Berube's constant line juggles isn't the reason for their struggles not the sole reason but it doesn't help with the spin the bottle who's my linemate now approach, so as little disruption as possible would just be welcome.

Lets see if hey can build on last game, don't know till they try. Its just my 2cents...lets leave Brayden on the 1st line LW for now I just belive in setting your players and team up for success....and gelling and chemistry is the foundation to build that on.

@OccamsRazor well if it is the same Isles games I am thinking of (and my memory is not that great) the Flyers allowed 46 shots on net which more than doubled the Flyers 21 (both including OT).  The only reason the Flyers earned anything was due to Mason.

Sorry I hate to be a glass half empty on that game but I didn't see much to build on besides Mason's best game of the year which allowed the Flyers to steal a point.

Raffl was playing very well in that slot too, but I agree with you. Normally I'm all for guys returning to their spot, but this could be an opportunity to jump start Cooter and Simmer without impacting anyone else. Who is actually their current winger? Read?

This.  I appreciate the "player shouldn't lose the spot due to injury" in both hockey and football.  And I wonder if maybe that is what would be going on here.  But I'm with you that I'd move him to Couturier and Simmonds.  

Read is their current winger and I have always liked him, but he has completely NOT shown up this year.  I don't know what gives with him, but with maybe the possible exception of the PK (which is dead last in the leave, so salt grain and all that) he may be a bigger dead weight this year than VLC Sucks.

The chemistry I'm looking to maintain is what I seen from the Isles game it was a shutout in regulation so even though they didn't win they did some positive things

Yeah, they put Mason in net.

46 saves to 21.  I appreciate the "glass is half full" thing and honestly fell asleep on the game (boring as ****), but I didn't see the positives you apparently did.

Regardless of whatever line he is on I am happy to see Raffl back in the line up.  So who are the Flyers taking out to make room?

One of the D. Based on performance it should be L. Schenn, but it will probably be Schultz.

Yeah, they put Mason in net.

46 saves to 21.  I appreciate the "glass is half full" thing and honestly fell asleep on the game (boring as ****), but I didn't see the positives you apparently did.

The positives I saw was they skated and wasn't a lot of standing waiting fo someone else to do something kind of game. Yes a lot was in their own end but I saw them trying or more like chasing but the effort was there. Unlike some games I've seen this year from them.

Hell I even seen Coburn get kind of nasty and rough up Boychuk in the crease even cross checking him into the crossbar...nice change for him, so yes I'm trying to find a silver lining in a dark cloud.

Yes a lot was in their own end but I saw them trying or more like chasing but the effort was there. Unlike some games I've seen this year from them.

My mind went immediately to the Florida game.  And the Rangers game.  Okay, I'll buy that.  There really is a difference between the Isles' game and those (and probably a couple others).

Archived