Coyotes trade Yandle to Rangers

ruxpin

The Arizona Coyotes have traded defenceman Keith Yandle to the New York Rangers in exchange for Anthony Duclair and a first-round draft pick in the 2016 NHL Draft, pending a trade call. As part of the deal, the Coyotes are expected to retain half of Yandle's salary.

I have been wanting Yandle with the Wings for years, when I first saw that he was dealt to the Rangers I growled at the wife and cursed a lot. Then I looked at the deal.

Duclair, a top offensive prospect, Moore a decent top four d-man and multiple picks including this years first.

For the Wings to have matched, we would have had to have given up Pulkinnen, Brendan Smith plus our first and other assorted picks.

PASS.

I love Yandle, his defense is better than people make out and he can flat out move the puck, but that is too much. Slats overpaid talent wise. Yes the Yotes are retaining salary but I think the Yotes actually got a max return.

That said, Yandle could be the piece that gets the Coyotes back to the finals. They are much better this year with him and they now may very well be the team to beat in East.

Duclair, a top offensive prospect, Moore a decent top four d-man and multiple picks including this years first.

Yes a 2nd in this year's draft and a 1st in 2016 talk about overpaying.....man i'm so glad Homer isn't still in charge!

63 games played 41  points and still a -32!!!!! ugly stats right there!

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a 2nd in this year's draft and a 1st in 2016 talk about overpaying.....man i'm so glad Homer isn't still in charge!

63 games played 41 points and still a -32!!!!! ugly stats right there!

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The usual deadline overpayment. I wouldn't hold the +/- against him though coming from Phoenix. Pretty good point production when you consider sharing ice with OEL and that it IS Phoenix. Still you're right in that its an awful big price tag.

Having said that, I'm now more worried about the Rangers by a lot. Big move!

Awesome the Rags are doing business the old NHL (aka the bob Clarke / homer)way that rarely works and normally hamstrings you for years to come. I love it as I don't think the rags are going to win it all this year and hopefully damaged themselves in the long term.

thank god , so there won't be any of the usual Schenn + blah blah for Yandle speculation. the bonus is the Rangers dumping Duclair, that guy is a good prospect, Moore is a good player too, they hurt their depth and got a guy who is the very definition of overrated.  I love it.  the East just got less tough. 

I wouldn't hold the +/- against him though coming from Phoenix.

No the +/- just goes with what i've seen he is not real good in his own end (but i will say Mike Smith sure hasn't help Yandle's numbers by any means either).

That is what i've seen, he reminds me of Streit except Streit is slightly better in his own end but not a lot. Or let just say that is my opinion of him and wouldn't want my Flyers to give up all of that for him...thank God Homer has be declawed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting Yandle with the Wings for years, when I first saw that he was dealt to the Rangers I growled at the wife and cursed a lot. Then I looked at the deal.

For the Wings to have matched, we would have had to have given up Pulkinnen, Brendan Smith plus our first and other assorted picks.

PASS.

I love Yandle, his defense is better than people make out and he can flat out move the puck, but that is too much. Slats overpaid talent wise. Yes the Yotes are retaining salary but I think the Yotes actually got a max return.

That said, Yandle could be the piece that gets the Coyotes back to the finals. They are much better this year with him and they now may very well be the team to beat in East.

How come? She the Yotes' GM?

Archived