WT(actual)F are the Flyers doing with Mason

Bakanekimiwa

If the story about why Reese left is true... and it sounds true...Berube pulling Mason with 2 mins left in the period was just another FU in a long line of FUs from Berube to Mason i guess.

Welcome back, bud.  It's not a message board without @canoli !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing Berube does surprises me anymore. He will keep showing us how smart he is. Just have to hope he moves us in the right direction these last 9 games.

I flipped on Berube in the fall. I think I was pretty early, but he showed me enough pretty early on. It was quite a turnabout on my part because I actually liked him as coach and wanted him to do well. Well... he has NOT done well. He's never had this team consistent to any degree in his tenure and his constant line juggling and juvenile benchings only furthered my dislike. 

The Mason saga, we can probably call it that now, is just the final nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned. I do think it would be a funny move for Hexy to fire him with 2 games to go. Show him the respect he showed to Mase and show the team he's got their back. 

I flipped on Berube in the fall. I think I was pretty early, but he showed me enough pretty early on.

I did as well my breaking point was when Coburn came back from injury and he had scratched guys because they weren't playing well supposedly and Coburn comes back plays like shat and goes like -13 in like 12 straight games looking horrible on the PK and he wouldn't bench the bum. 

This put me off and just knew he would lose the team by not being consistent with his rules and discipline.

If you're going to do it that way one thing you must be consistent will you single out guys like Luke and MDZ and they let the guy who has been here the longest continue to make mistake after mistake costing them precious points and games. After this i wanted him gone i wasn't buying any more of his shat he was selling.

And i'll be glad when he is gone so they can turn the page on this staff. Clean house. angry.gif

I did as well my breaking point was when Coburn came back from injury and he had scratched guys because they weren't playing well supposedly and Coburn comes back plays like shat and goes like -13 in like 12 straight games looking horrible on the PK and he wouldn't bench the bum. 

This put me off and just knew he would lose the team by not being consistent with his rules and discipline.

If you're going to do it that way one thing you must be consistent will you single out guys like Luke and MDZ and they let the guy who has been here the longest continue to make mistake after mistake costing them precious points and games. After this i wanted him gone i wasn't buying any more of his shat he was selling.

And i'll be glad when he is gone so they can turn the page on this staff. Clean house. angry.gif

Haha.. oh yeah.. you just reminded me why I flipped on him. I saw Umberger out there on the 2nd PP unit. Umberger was the prime example of a guy who should have been benched, but noooo.. Chief benches MDZ and Vinny. Idiotic. It really does seem that the entire fanbase has turned on Berube after his latest stunt with Mason. You'd be hard pressed to find a Flyer fan out there defending him now. It really seems it's only a matter of reaching the end of the season at this point. We'll see... Hexy will lose me if he doesn't ditch Chief day one of off-season. 

It really does seem that the entire fanbase has turned on Berube after his latest stunt with Mason. You'd be hard pressed to find a Flyer fan out there defending him now.

Yes because i really wanted the playoffs instead of a draft pick and yeah they still were facing a 1st round exit but i would just rather have playoffs then no playoffs.

But after the 1st of the year i had come to grips with the fact that these bums ain't going to make it...and i wanted Berube gone and a good pick would just help me stomach it easier.

So for the greater good of the team's future i came around to what guys like FC were saying it would be just best to slide to the bottom get a good prospect and show Berube the door and move onto the future of better things ahead.

They have some good young kids coming and they just need to finish healthy purge the turds that don't belong, get the coach that shares the vision of things to come to help them obtain the chalice which we all seek.

So i'm on board for the suckage/tank!!! I'm just not going to watch it happen i have better things to do.

Fire Berube. I'm done. His tactics and in game changes is horrible. Start fresh next year with somebody not working or played for the flyers.

After the season no need to fire him now they are losing just fine with him they have at least the 6th pick in site....after the season the axe man cometh!!! 

I flipped on Berube in the fall. I think I was pretty early, but he showed me enough pretty early on. It was quite a turnabout on my part because I actually liked him as coach and wanted him to do well. Well... he has NOT done well. He's never had this team consistent to any degree in his tenure and his constant line juggling and juvenile benchings only furthered my dislike. 

The Mason saga, we can probably call it that now, is just the final nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned. I do think it would be a funny move for Hexy to fire him with 2 games to go. Show him the respect he showed to Mase and show the team he's got their back.

I am always on my phone, couldn't make the word smart in green so I was hoping you guys pick it up lol.

Haha.. oh yeah.. you just reminded me why I flipped on him. I saw Umberger out there on the 2nd PP unit. Umberger was the prime example of a guy who should have been benched, but noooo.. Chief benches MDZ and Vinny. Idiotic. It really does seem that the entire fanbase has turned on Berube after his latest stunt with Mason. You'd be hard pressed to find a Flyer fan out there defending him now. It really seems it's only a matter of reaching the end of the season at this point. We'll see... Hexy will lose me if he doesn't ditch Chief day one of off-season. 

I want it done over breakfast that Monday if not sooner.   I want the phone to be ringing with the sunrise.

"Hi, Chief?  This is Hexy.  You're fired.  Here's the phone number and directions for the PA CareerLink.  Tell you what, when you go to walk across the street, don't look;  just go with your gut."

just posted in shoutbox...why the EFF is Emery in goal.  Don't give me the BS about back to back games.  Mase only played in 2 periods.  Berube is a buffoon and the quicker he gets out of dodge the better...

Nothing Berube does surprises me anymore. He will keep showing us how smart he is. Just have to hope he moves us in the right direction these last 9 games.

Thank you whoever did this for me!! Looking good as Oilers scored already.

just posted in shoutbox...why the EFF is Emery in goal. Don't give me the BS about back to back games. Mase only played in 2 periods. Berube is a buffoon and the quicker he gets out of dodge the better...

Eh, the back to back games is legit. Don't they usually prepare each goalie for one game with opposing shooters video? Plus, two periods counts as a game. Don't want Mason getting hurt thinking forward to next season.

Are you in the win games, or draft pick camp?

Eh, the back to back games is legit. Don't they usually prepare each goalie for one game with opposing shooters video? Plus, two periods counts as a game. Don't want Mason getting hurt thinking forward to next season.

pilldoc : (10:13 PM) to me it just seems like a total disrespect to Mason that is all.....totally ok with th Razor in goal...it gets us 1 step closer to seeing Berube hopefully on his way out

pilldoc : (10:14 PM) and hopefully 1 step closer to a top 5 pick

I've been in the fire Berube....get the draft pick camp since before Christmas / before Thanksgiving Day when I saw how bad this team was gonna be.

I agree the back to back to legit....its just the way Mason was removed lst night and the aftermath...that irks me.... Can't wait to see Berube given his walking papers

Honestly, aside from having home game tickets and not wanting to waste time/money on crap (a legit concern, I think) why is anyone still in the "win games camp?"  To what purpose?  

I know we want them to try or it becomes unwatchable.  So, if you were playing Emery because of back-to-back and trying to win with that, then go do it.   I don't want "tank" in the sense that they aren't trying to win.   But I really don't want to see a bunch of wins pile up in the W column.  At this point, it serves no purpose.  The playoffs are dead.   So, losing might actually get us a better player.  

So, without trying to be a jerk, I completely get the benefit of trying, but what benefit does a couple more Ws serve at this point?

pilldoc : (10:13 PM) to me it just seems like a total disrespect to Mason that is all.....totally ok with th Razor in goal...it gets us 1 step closer to seeing Berube hopefully on his way out

pilldoc : (10:14 PM) and hopefully 1 step closer to a top 5 pick

I've been in the fire Berube....get the draft pick camp since before Christmas / before Thanksgiving Day when I saw how bad this team was gonna be.

I agree the back to back to legit....its just the way Mason was removed lst night and the aftermath...that irks me.... Can't wait to see Berube given his walking papers

Not sure, but I think both you and me and a couple others (flyercanuck?) were in the "Berube must go" camp before US Thanksgiving.  I think I might have been before Canadian Thanksgiving.  Not sure when I turned on him, but it was pretty early. Maybe even Lavy early.

@ruxpin

Exactly Rux...and that is what happened the other season...they made a small run...to what benefit. they screwed themselves out of at least 4 or 5 spots in the draft.  i don't want to see that repeated.

Not sure, but I think both you and me and a couple others (flyercanuck?) were in the "Berube must go" camp before US Thanksgiving.  I think I might have been before Canadian Thanksgiving.  Not sure when I turned on him, but it was pretty early. Maybe even Lavy early.

Not sure the exact time either Rux.  I just knew it was early on in the season when we saw how horrible this teams started yet again, despite having a full preseason with Berube.  I do know at the time we were in the minority and took some flak about it.

Archived