WT(actual)F are the Flyers doing with Mason

Bakanekimiwa

First off... I don't get why there's not a lot of talk about this already here. 

But, anyway... I didn't even watch the game last night, nor the last 3 either. But the obvious story can't get better from watching. Berube pulls Mason with 2min left in 2nd after a screened goal #2!!??? Ya know... I was on Frank Seravelli for his trying to fan the flames of organizational malfeasance, but maybe it's time to eat crow on that. 

Something is up with the way the Flyers have handled Mason this year and at this point it seems more than just bumbling stupidity. 

The question is... how high does it go? Is it just Berube? Because of it is.. he should be gone 2 games before the end of the season(turnabout is fair play). 

We finally have a goalie that is capable, with a decent team in front of him, to go far in the playoffs at some point. We have 2014 Mason in net back in 2010 Stanley Finals... we win. We were finally getting away from the old adage that the Flyers always have controversy in net and here we go again. 

WTF!???

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berube pulls Mason with 2min left in 2nd after a screened goal #2!!???

On the face of it, and without having watched the game, this makes no sense. Pull him at the end of the period (i.e. between periods) if you feel you must, but yeah, that looks to be dumb. Berube has to go. Just not yet. We don't want to do something stupid and climb up to the 13th pick...

Berube should be gone the second the season ends...and not a minute before. Theres still hope we can move up to 7th..or even 6th. And Berube is just the man to get us there. 

Afterwards they can all have a laugh about it, mason included.

The problem I had with last night was Berube pulled him with 2 minutes left in the second. He should have let him finish the period then explain to him why he was getting pulled for the third. Doing it before the end of the period was just embarrassing to Mason. Hextall being a former goalie cannot be happy with how it played out last night. I have a feeling Berube is on his last with this team.

The problem I had with last night was Berube pulled him with 2 minutes left in the second. He should have let him finish the period then explain to him why he was getting pulled for the third. Doing it before the end of the period was just embarrassing to Mason. Hextall being a former goalie cannot be happy with how it played out last night.

Yeah, rookie move. You don't have to be a goalie, or even to have played the game for decades, to know that it's not the way you do that. If I'm the Captain I'm telling Coach Berube where to stick it after that. Dumb dumb dumb

The problem I had with last night was Berube pulled him with 2 minutes left in the second. He should have let him finish the period then explain to him why he was getting pulled for the third. Doing it before the end of the period was just embarrassing to Mason. Hextall being a former goalie cannot be happy with how it played out last night. I have a feeling Berube is on his last with this team.

Berube had a gut feeling. 

That's how he rolls.

I watched the post game last night. Berube defended himself stating that he saw the play differently from the bench.  He saw his goaltender not move quick enough to make the save.  He clearly looked like a man trying to run away from an any further questions.

Interesting enough the team held a closed door meeting after the game.  Berube was asked if he knew what it was about -- answer "How should I know, I wasn't there"

It looked as if Giroux and Jake were playing to win the game and others went through the motions.  This lockerroom was united for much of the season but I'll bet the divide now is about who or who isn't playing to keep Berube's job.

@Bakanekimiwa

sorry bak.....would have been all over this like bee over honey.  was deeling with a sick wife this morning before heading to work.

All I can say is his organ-NI-zation is messed up.  Mason should have been shut down months ago to figure what is going on.  This Medical / Training staff should be sued for malpractice.  Serious....I have never seen so many cover up for injuries.  I wonder if the medical staff is so bad that players are simply afraid to go to them.........

then they have the audacity to fire Reece.....Seriously??? WTF

EDIT...just read all the posts......I thought Mason got hurt again last night.  Was half listening to the game last night while doing other work.  Regardless.....Berube and the Medical staff need to go......

But, anyway... I didn't even watch the game last night, nor the last 3 either. But the obvious story can't get better from watching. Berube pulls Mason with 2min left in 2nd after a screened goal #2!!??? Ya know... I was on Frank Seravelli for his trying to fan the flames of organizational malfeasance, but maybe it's time to eat crow on that. 

Something is up with the way the Flyers have handled Mason this year and at this point it seems more than just bumbling stupidity. 

The question is... how high does it go? Is it just Berube? Because of it is.. he should be gone 2 games before the end of the season(turnabout is fair play). 

We finally have a goalie that is capable, with a decent team in front of him, to go far in the playoffs at some point. We have 2014 Mason in net back in 2010 Stanley Finals... we win. We were finally getting away from the old adage that the Flyers always have controversy in net and here we go again. 

WTF!???

I'd love to see Berube get "pulled" with 2 minutes left in the last game.   I've watched hockey for over 20 years now though I don't know as much as I should but even I've been bewildered at some of the things Coach has done this season.   time for him to GO!

It looked as if Giroux and Jake were playing to win the game and others went through the motions.  This lockerroom was united for much of the season but I'll bet the divide now is about who or who isn't playing to keep Berube's job.

This!  ...Simply put from the old Abe quote...."A house divided will not stand"

I think it is official  that Berube has lost the lockerroom and there players just playing out the string to their Tee Times.  This is where you need veteran laedership to step up.  Do we even have a strong voice in the locker room anymore??  Granted  we don't know what is said behind closed doors...but dammit it is time for someone to speak up on this team.

I watched the game my take was not that Mason was playing bad the forwards were not playing with any jump.

Sometimes that works to kick start the team. Thought it wasn't the right thing to do should have waited.

Berube should have been fired in N ov ....

This lockerroom was united for much of the season but I'll bet the divide now is about who or who isn't playing to keep Berube's job.

Which side do you think is madder at the other?

The players playing to keep Berube's job?  (whom I hate)

The players playing to get Berube shitcanned?  (heroes)   I think this group has a right to be mad at the others.

actually gaz...very revealing.....would love to see if there is a trend here.  This team for all intentions quit and it could be taken as a big FU to Berube......

Objectively, though, 4 consecutive penalties/kills do tend to do that to the scoring chances stats.

Objectively, though, 4 consecutive penalties/kills do tend to do that to the scoring chances stats.

very true and valid point...trying to keep my emotions in check.....sometimes we gt a tad bit narrow-

minded

I hope the private meeting was to decide who was bringing the blanket, who was bringing the soap and who gets first swing for Berube's blanket party in his last game of the season....

I hope the private meeting was to decide who was bringing the blanket, who was bringing the soap and who gets first swing for Berube's blanket party in his their ass grabbed in the last game of the season....

Fixed it.

Craig Berube treats Steve Mason like total garbage and I'm sick of it

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/3/20/8261537/craig-berube-steve-mason-treatment-hot-steaming-garbage

Mason has every right to be pissed off. Every right in the world. "You've got to fight through them." What the hell does that even mean, Craig? You want Mason to grow X-ray vision so he can see through Nick Schultz's ass?

I've been patient through a lot Berube's crap this season. His ineffective adjustments, his extremely questionable deployment, his routine scratches of quality players and his insistence on giving ice time to the worst players on the Flyers roster.

The way this relationship has gone the last few weeks, especially since goalie coach and Mason's mentor Jeff Reese was fired, it's starting to feel like the guy might not want to be here any more. Wouldn't blame him, honestly. But the Flyers can't afford that -- not when they've finally found a damn goalie who can perform consistently like Mason has since the trade that brought him here.

The bottom line: Berube alienated his MVP, has done so multiple times this year, it's hard to figure out why.

No way they can continue forward after the season with Berube....he must go to save the team and continue the purge of those that don't belong!!!

That's just the point alberta. He could have and *should* have waited till the period break to make the move. It's almost like he's going out of his way to send Mason a 'message' but at the expense of doing anything remotely as a good coach should. I have no idea what they're trying to pull here with Mason, but he's been(arguably) our best player the last 2 seasons outside of Giroux. Certainly not a way of showing respect and/or appreciation. 

There has been.  I guess just not in dedicated threads.  Many of us have been moaning about this.

There was no reason for mason to come back at all this year and after the loss to Boston, he should have been shelved.  No reason not to give the rest of the year to Emery and Stolarz/Zepp.

NONE.  PLaying mason now is just plain stupid.

Archived