The ALL HOMER, Rose Colored Glasses Playoff Bracket !

TropicalFruitGirl26

Depositphotos_12173900_xs.jpg1484cfba63bb5f467b93d39eb27188af.jpg

Well, with all the talk, hype and knowing it all from all of us here in predicting playoff winners and losers, I thought I would start a thread that goes BEYOND logic, beyond what is reasonable, let's the poster just go crazy with imagination....and just plain have fun with the playoff scenarios.

Not sure how popular a thread like this would be here, but I am going to give it a shot and see.

I did something like this for baseball on another forum and it went pretty well, with some posters coming up with some really absurd scenarios...but a good time was had by all.

So here goes....if you could play hockey god, and have the current teams in the playoffs win or lose at your whim, how would you have the playoffs go from the opening round to the Stanley Cup Finals?

Include whatever you like.....obviously team winners and losers in each bracket, maybe how many games, maybe a certain player that steps up....whatever you think will need to happen so that your bracket goes the way YOU want it to!  ;)

I will have a few posters start up then I will offer my own homer-iffic / craze inducing version of the TFG playoffs!

No way the Hamburglar loses a game after the way he played in the last two months! Everyone else just gives up and the Stanley Cup takes up permanent residence in Ottawa!

Is that homer enough for you? Lol

Rose colored glasses:

Wings in four

Habs defeat Sens in a brutal seven game series, Price makes miracle save in closing seconds, injuring hammy, out for fext round.

Wings in four. Okay, maybe five.

Isles defeat Rangers in division finals, seven hard fought games. Tavares separates shoulder when swarmed by his mates.

Wings in five. Or six.

Upstart Flames defeat Hawks in wild seven game series to meet Wings in Cup finals.

Wings in four. Or five. Or even six.

Hell, I guess I would be fine in seven.

And then I woke up.

I've become an unabashed and unashamed Jets fan and want to see them go far, maybe even to the finals.

I didn't plan on becoming a Jets fan.I was never a fan of Jets 1.0.

But this team just draws you in with the way they play. And the fans. The Flyers sucking helped, of course.

All fans of the game should take the opportunity to witness the spectacle that is coming next Monday to Winnipeg. It will be unlike anything previously experienced. The roof may literally come off the phone booth....

oh what the heck.......

Sens in 7 over Habs

Tampa in 6 over Det.

Isles over Caps

Rags over Pens

Preds over Hawks

Wild over Blues

Flames over Canucks

Peg over Ducks

=======================================

Sens over Tampa

Isles over Rags

Wild over Pred

Flames over Peg

======================================

Sens over Isle --Hammond takes them to the SCF

Wild over Flames - I like young kids in Calgary but I traded for Dubnyk in my Fanatsy Hockey League which helped me to win.  Wild have a good team and I sort of adopted them since th Flyers sucked horribly this year.

=======================================

Wild over Sens in 7 games.  Battle of the 2 best goalies in the 2nd half.  Hammond vs Dubnyk.....

Well that is my dream / rose colored picks! :)

In TFG's rosy, rosy world.......

In Round 1:

The Bolts make short work of the Wings, despite dropping the 1st game...

The Sens take the Canadiens to Game 7....then win in stunning fashion in double OT as the Montreal crowd is sent home stunned and numb....

The Rangers complete a sweep of the Pens...all the while, Pens fans, after each and every game, kept saying, "Hey, we got a chance at this thing!" :ph34r:

The Islanders and Caps battle a bit....take it to 6 games, but the Isles take the series with the duo of John Tavares and Kyle Okposo starring nightly.

The Wild face adversity against the Blues as St. Louis ties the series in Game 4 at 2 apiece...the pundits say the Wild are done...two games later, in Game 6, Minny disposes of the "mighty" Blues.

The Blackhawks make short work of the Preds and sit and wait on Min-St.L, salivating that they are getting tons of rest while those two continue to beat on each other.

Ducks pound down the Jets in 5 games making sure Wpg understands that you just don't go waltzing into the playoffs without some heartache first....

Calgary takes down the Canucks in about 5 or 6 games, proving, without a shadow of a doubt that THEY are the best Western Canadian team....

In Round 2:

Bolts and Sens go a thrilling 7 game series, Game 7 goes into OT, and everyone thinks the Sens are gonna do to TB what they did to the Habs....only, Tyler Johnson on a breakaway in OT scores the series winner and the Legend of the Hamburglar is ended! :P

Rangers and Isles battle in a classic NYC rumble...with the Rangers winning in 6, but EVERY game was a contest...a fight to the end.

Blackhawks and Wild meet in R2 where the well rested Hawks, their fans, and the media believe Minnesota has NO CHANCE. Especially after Chicago eliminated the Wild two years running. But the Wild, much improved over the last two seasons, gives the Hawks all they can handle...and the rest proves to have made the Hawks TOO relaxed.

Minny finishes them in 5!  Hahahaha...

Ducks and Flames battle in a surprising smash mouth series...with Anaheim building up a 3-0 lead, the Flames, with 3rd period heroics, coming back and tying at 3....but then, it takes the Ducks a hard fought Game 7...60 minutes of 0-0 play....followed by an OT where Anaheim scores 30 seconds in to win the game 1-0 and the series 4-3.

Eastern Finals:

Bolts n Rangers do battle.

Marty St. Louis and Steve Stamkos show some nastiness with vicious checks on each other....mentor vs student.....but the younger Stamkos proves to be the better player in 2015.

The Bolts shock the Rangers with their speed, their playmaking, as the Blueshirts move away from the defensive strategies that brought them this far in defense of their Eastern Conference title. TB does away with the Rangers in 5!

Western Finals:

Ducks once again build up a 3-0 lead on the Wild...doubt creeps in on Minnesota's fans.

But the team has other ideas, throws caution to the wind, and plays unbridled passionate hockey (yea, I know, where was this when they got DOWN 0-3...lol), tie the series, and sends things to a Game 7, where once again, it goes to OT. 

Ducks think they have it wrapped up and will send Minny to the same fate as Calgary, only it is Jason Zucker who scores 30 seconds into the OT to send the Wild to the SC Finals!  Revenge for 2003 at last!!

Stanley Cup Finals:

Games are traded back n forth....home team winning each of their home games....unfortunately for the Wild, the Bolts have home ice, and Game 7 is in Amalie Arena.

In games the Wild win, their structure and goaltending rule the day....on games the Bolts win, speed, odd man rushes, and offense rule.

Game 7 is a tight checking affair. Ben Bishop is called upon to make save after save as the Wild just pour it on.

2-2 game heading into the 3rd, both Dubnyk and Bishop are looking real good....5 minutes to go in the game, the Wild take a penalty....it was a borderline interference call....Mike Yeo isn't happy, the Wild bench isn't happy....but the Bolts PP takes advantage and puts one past Devan Dubnyk on a Steve Stamkos one timer from Tyler Johnson.

Wild pull the goalie with 1:00 to go and put on a furious finish, but to no avail.....they will have to wait till next year, as Ben Bishop stops all Minnesota shots, and BRAYDON COBURN makes a spectacular check on Zach Parise to break up Minny's best scoring chance on Bishop as time expires!

Your 2015 Stanley Cup champion, Tampa Bay Lightning!

Shhh....don't NOBODY wake me up.....I rather LIKE this daydream I am having....now, shoooo....leave momma alone....  ;)

"Ducks pound down the Jets in 5 games making sure Wpg understands that you just don't go waltzing into the playoffs without some heartache first...."

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Heartache?!?! Winnipeg *lost* its team and has been waiting almost 20 years for this moment. That is the definition of heartache. Plus, if you ever had to watch Sergei Bautin play hockey you'd know heartache.

Archived