Franchise center finally arrives in Sabreland! All systems go!

Buffalo Rick

I don't think the Sabres tanked at all....they just plain sucked. They might have tanked from a management perspective, when they traded away their goaltending, but hey....that was the right call...100%. They now will have Eichel and Rienhart down the middle, which may be the best young center tandem in the league, although I firmly believe the Leafs will draft Strome, and that will give them Nylander and Strome down the middle, which is pretty damn impressive. Both these teams will be strong down the middle, something that is absolutely essential to become a legit contender.

I don't think the Sabres tanked at all....they just plain sucked. They might have tanked from a management perspective, when they traded away their goaltending, but hey....that was the right call...100%. They now will have Eichel and Rienhart down the middle, which may be the best young center tandem in the league, although I firmly believe the Leafs will draft Strome, and that will give them Nylander and Strome down the middle, which is pretty damn impressive. Both these teams will be strong down the middle, something that is absolutely essential to become a legit contender.

They were not losing games 6-1.  They lost a ton of one goal games to the credit of Nolan.  And its not like they had no talent at all.  They had a few guys but traded them at the end also leaving Moulson, Girgensons (who was injured), and guys like Kane who have yet to actually play a game and then Bogosian who they picked up in the trade.  They have some guys to build around but after June that list will grow big time.   They have many number two picks on top of the two number ones.  After they take Eichel they likely will trade the next pick unless they see someone they felt was passed by that is worthy?  Perhaps a goalie?  But I see Murray getting a goalie that is established.  If it were me I would ask Ryan to return if San Jose goes in a different direction.  But first, if he leads Vancouver back, they may want him back regardless of how Vancouver fares in round two if he can get them there.   Because they will not blame him likely if they should lose in round two?  Depends on how he plays.  I would consider going after Talbot.  He has proven he is a starter and a good one and the Rangers won't be able to keep  him on the bench.  They won't do that so he will be likely one of the top goalies being pursued.  You can keep Mason.  He is good but he is not in Miller's class.  You should worry about your own team who did not make the playoffs and now lost Simmonds.  What do you really have there? Voracek?  Gireax?  A guy whose stock has plummeted.  Maybe you should trade him while you can

@hf101 is right...and in the interest of keeping things in form here, @Hockey Junkie , or anyone else....some lines featuring Jack Eichel that we will see for the Buffalo Sabres.....

Also, who is on the PP with him? Does Eichel kill penalties? If so, who goes on the PK with him?

Put'em out there....

@hf101 is right...and in the interest of keeping things in form here, @Hockey Junkie , or anyone else....some lines featuring Jack Eichel that we will see for the Buffalo Sabres.....

Also, who is on the PP with him? Does Eichel kill penalties? If so, who goes on the PK with him?

Put'em out there....

Do you think Murray is done making moves?    This is the first time in history your team has been better than mine. It will not last long

???? !!

Ok...I tried.

Done on this thread.

:huh:

???? !!

Ok...I tried.

Done on this thread.

:huh:

I asked you a simple question. Do you think our lineup is set in stone now in 2015 when the playoffs and draft have not taken place yet?

I asked you a simple question. Do you think our lineup is set in stone now in 2015 when the playoffs and draft have not taken place yet?

No the Sabres are not done making moves, not by a long shot. Murray has proven himself to be an aggressive GM and he is going to try to bolster the defense and find a goalie.

Forget Miller. Not happening. But as a Sabre fan you likely have your choice, all for cheap of:

Jimmy Howard

Cory Crawford

Antii Niemi

Craig Anderson

And maybe Ben Bishop if the Wings eliminate the Bolts.

It is a buyers market for netminders, these things are cyclical, some years there are none out there, this year there is a glut. Any one (or two) of the above would be a monster upgrade over what you have now.

A puck mover on the back end should be the second priority. Mike Green is easily the best out there and would fit in well. I don't see him coming to Buffalo, he probably wants to go to a contender. Maybe Sekera returns, he isn't a bad player.

Interesting offseason in Buffalo.

@yave1964  The Bolts would be stupid to move Bishop...they have to let him and Vasilivsky slug it out and see which one will pull ahead of the other one....but Bishop has not peaked, and Vasilivsky is just so, so talented. You don't want to make a mistake with a franchise goalie, they would be wise to take their time and make sure if they deal one of them, it's the right one. The talent coming back will give the Bolts some mind blowing players and picks. It will take them from mere contenders to elite.

@jammer2

Goalies just don't bring their weight in return generally...especially a backup.

Agreed, in a usual situation...this is not the average situation...this is 2 potential franchise goalies battling it out...and the loser will command a LOT to secure his services.

@jammer2

I'm not saying it will definately end that way. Bernier was considered to be a #1 by many. LA didn't get much for him.

If it's Vasilivsky beating out Bishop, the price for Big Ben should be significantly more than Bernier....if for no other reason, he's a proven commodity, something Bernier was not when traded. If Bishop wins, then yeah, the return would be reduced greatly.....but hey...no big rush, the kid will be on his ELC for a few more years, carry 2 very good goalies, let the play decided things...the best will shine through eventually.

Archived