Babcock has narrowed it down to 3....Detroit, Philly and Buffalo...

jammer2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this on the CBC news, it's all come down to Philly, Red Wings and Sabres. Would be nice to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations. Flyers and Comcast have the most money out of the 3....but we all know Illitch and Peluga are more wild fans than frugal owners....this is gonna be a bidding war to end all bidding wars.....no cap...just which team wants it more.....I said 6.7 a year for 7 years......it could go to 8 mill for 8 years....LMAO, this is gonna be CRAZY. My gut says Detroit is on the list as a public relations ploy.....if he wanted to be a Wing, he would have already signed there....I think it's down to Buff and Philly myself.

Plllllleassssheeee Mr.Babcock, bring your great skills to Philly!!!  Imagine having a coach who is automatically smarter than the other coach....you start every game up before the puck is dropped due to Babber's awesome line matching and overall approach. His teams perform for him cause he's a class act, thus earning respect....his players would run into a brick wall for him...GOD PLEAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how NONE of these were correct.  That is some cracker jack reporting boys! 

Just add Babcock to the graveyard of coaches in Toronto.  Toronto will destroy everything he has built up for himself up to this point.

I think it will depend on Toronto's yet unnamed new GM to supply the types of players that Babber needs to be successful. They need to revamp a good portion of the bottom six....which is do-able. Babcock wants and demands certain things from certain players who hold different roles. The question is....how long until he gets what he needs to succeed. I think he can make the playoffs in this first year in TO....but it will be close.

I think it will depend on Toronto's yet unnamed new GM to supply the types of players that Babber needs to be successful. They need to revamp a good portion of the bottom six....which is do-able. Babcock wants and demands certain things from certain players who hold different roles. The question is....how long until he gets what he needs to succeed. I think he can make the playoffs in this first year in TO....but it will be close.

Imagine being a coach and going from Datsyuk/Zetterburgs two way play to Kessel/JVRs I only try inside THEIR blueline?

Imagine being a coach and going from Datsyuk/Zetterburgs two way play to Kessel/JVRs I only try inside THEIR blueline?

HA...I've already given thought to that....Zetts is a really special blend of guts, grit and talent...and Datsuyk is spectacular....going from those two to the leadership of Kessel and JVR...I can only imagine Babber saying "what have I gotten myself into when watching these turds perform from in back of that bench. My gut says Babber will make a BIG push to get Kessel out of town.

HA...I've already given thought to that....Zetts is a really special blend of guts, grit and talent...and Datsuyk is spectacular....going from those two to the leadership of Kessel and JVR...I can only imagine Babber saying "what have I gotten myself into` when watching these turds perform from in back of that bench. My gut says Babber will make a BIG push to get Kessel out of town.

... He may not notice how they're playing, what with the mountain of cash blocking his view.

I'll have to check my thesaurus for synonyms and euphemisms for "sell-out."

He's fired during or after his third year. Bookmark this post.

Wow, that would be a boatload of cash to hand out...LOL, maybe that is why Babber took this job, come here, stink out the place and he gets handed 50 mill....he heads home with his family and lives happily ever after!

Imagine a team without a GM signing a coach to an eight year deal...

Imagine a team without a GM signing a coach to an eight year deal...

I live an hour north of Toronto...I don't have to imagine it, it's on every media outlet 24/7. McDavid and Eichel combined will get less media attention than Babcock...I'm going to be sick of seeing his face within a month.

But point taken.

I didn't see the presser.   Are the Leafs going to hire a GM or are those duties going to be split between Babcock and Shanahan?

There was no presser. The Leafs quietly signed Babcock and we'll find out about it when the season starts.  :blink[1]:

Don't most GMs like to hire their "own" guy? ;)

Well we know the Leafs do things backwards so.....

...may be they will hire Homer and we trade him Luke, VLC, RJ and Mcdud kind of help them with their rebuild....

@OccamsRazor  It was seriously backwards....the interview to hire the new GM..

Shanny: Well, you don't have any control over who comes or stays, who makes the team or who does not, who gets sent down...and you can't make a trade without asking Babber...AND you can't draft a player unless it fits into Babbers mold....got it?

Applicplant : Where do I sign up.....easiest job EVER!!

Mark Hunter will be the new GM.  He'll be in charge of the draft and contract-type stuff, but it will be Shanny and Babcock ultimately in charge of player personnel decisions.  The three seem like they should work really well together and if that's the understanding going in it could work.  I'm guessing that's the way they go.

@ruxpin  It really would be the best move for the Leafs. Actually, Mark Hunter can do less damage as GM of the Leafs and *not* the director of Pro Scouting....which is the job he was hired to do...so yeah Leafs....take away one of the best talent evaluators in North America and throw him in the GM's chair....that is a win for the rest of the East I'd say. Not that he will not make a nice GM....he should, but he could do SO MUCH more for that team running the scouts.....so WOOOT!!!

Archived