Kadri signed to a 1 year deal

BluPuk

$4.1 million.

Not sure what (if any) bonuses are involved. Surprised to see he would do a one year deal, but he will have to have a big year for sure.

Looks like our new management really means business. That is good to see.

$4.1 million.

Not sure what (if any) bonuses are involved. Surprised to see he would do a one year deal, but he will have to have a big year for sure.

Looks like our new management really means business. That is good to see.

WTF?? No Ryan O'reilly deal i thought that was the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :ph34r:

By the way never seen your name here so welcome aboard!!! Enjoy your stay!!!

Well, I was robbed of the fun of Babcock vs Kessel, so Babber vs Kadri will have to suffice. This kid has a serious ego problem, just reeks of entitlement. He still has a LOT of growing up to do, in fact, there is a good chance he never really grows up and embraces a team first philosophy rather than a "me first" sorta thing. His lazy back checking style is gonna clash with Babber big time, I expect to see a lot of mud slinging from Babcock, both behind the bench....and if necessary....through the media to hammer down his point....historically, players that employ a "me first" attitude will not get ice time. He's talented enough to guarantee a 60 point year, which makes the 4.1 for one year deal very fair for both sides. If his work ethic does not fall in line, it will be his last year as a Leaf.

Really, that is as it should be jammer2. Problem is, it has been allowed in the past on this team. Can't wait to see if it is all just talk though.

There are going to be LOTS of interesting sub-plots going on with this team for a change....

Well, I was robbed of the fun of Babcock vs Kessel, so Babber vs Kadri will have to suffice. This kid has a serious ego problem, just reeks of entitlement. He still has a LOT of growing up to do, in fact, there is a good chance he never really grows up and embraces a team first philosophy rather than a "me first" sorta thing. His lazy back checking style is gonna clash with Babber big time, I expect to see a lot of mud slinging from Babcock, both behind the bench....and if necessary....through the media to hammer down his point....historically, players that employ a "me first" attitude will not get ice time. He's talented enough to guarantee a 60 point year, which makes the 4.1 for one year deal very fair for both sides. If his work ethic does not fall in line, it will be his last year as a Leaf.

I must be crazy.

I thought Kadri was one of their better backcheckers this past season and one of the few players who looked like he gave a crap night in and night out

Kadri's problem has been inconsistency. He has had nights when he looked good, nights where he looked very good, and some when he was practically invisible.

4.1 million seems a bit rich to me but it's only 1 year. As I said, he needs to show what he can do this coming year or he will find himself looking for a team.

I think (and hope) that the gravy train has been discontinued.

I must be crazy.

I thought Kadri was one of their better backcheckers this past season and one of the few players who looked like he gave a crap night in and night out

Like Blu says, he is really inconsistent. For every promising game he has, there are two games where he's invisible and lethargic. He has this elitist attitude about him, like he's a top 10 talent in the league or something, he has obvious talent, but he's no where as good as he thinks he is. A big part of the reason he got sent up and down like a yo-yo for the better part of 3 years was his inability or outright refusal to hustle and backcheck. He's figured out you can't stay in the league without at least giving a minimal effort in his own zone, so he basically goes through the motions until the puck goes back in the offensive zone, then you see some pep in his step. I would trade the guy, cause he is always gonna be that way. Tigers rarely change their stripes.

I have to agree with @J0e Th0rnton on this one.

Kadri made some great strides last season in his two-way game. His points were down, unfortunately.

We'll have to see how he does under Babcock. 1-year trial deal probably is the right call in this case, as he still has two years of RFA left after this.

392428_o.gif

Kadri is at the point in his career now where he either puts it all together and is part of the Leafs rebuilding team, or the Leafs consider him to have plateaued (and not be good enough), and he gets moved off somewhere else.

:)

Archived