LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Every year, the Hockey News comes out with it's Future Watch issue. I'm gonna post the top 10 out of the 50 prospects they recognize this year...and yeah, there is some Flyer relevance here.

1)Dylan Strome - Yotes

2)William Nylander - Leafs

3)Mitch Marner - Leafs

4)Ivan Provorov - Flyers

5)Mikko Rantanen - Ave's

6)Zach Werenski - Jackets

7)Ilya Samsonov - Caps

8)Pavel Zacha - Devs

9)Kyle Connor - Jets

10)Christian Dvorak - Yotes

Every year, the scouts combine to name the top prospect...

Players receiving votes...

1)Dylan Strome - 5 first place votes, 4 2nd place, 1 3rd place, 1 4th place...no 5ths, no 6ths..

2)William Nylander - 5 first place votes, 1 2nd place votes, 2 3rd place....no 4th place, 1 fifth place, no 6th place

3)Mitch Marner - no 1sts, 4 2nds, 2 3rds, 1 4th place, no 5th, 1 6th place...

4)Ivan Provorov, 1 1st place, 1 2nd place, 2 3rd place, 2 4th place, 1 5th place, 1 6th place.

5)Mikko Rantanen - no 1st, 1 2nd, no 3rds, 3 4ths, 1 5th, 1 6th.

6)Zach Werenski - no 1st, no 2nds, 1 3rd, 2 4th place, no 5th, 3 6th place.

As you can see, a lot of scouts think very highly of Ivan....the very start of the line of thinking that some teams messed up large by passing him over. I'm sure this topic gets touched on in the future....lol. Although he was not a concensus #1, Ivan was the only prospect that got a vote in every spot from 1st to 6th....which is kinda cool. Everyone thought he belonged in the top 6.

Ivan will get his chance next season on the Flyers.

There is ZERO chance this kid comes to camp next year and DOESN'T out shine the like of Streit, Schultz, Manning and Mcdud!

ZERO!!!!

In fact i pray that the 4 i mentioned above are gone traded or released or whatever....just reboot...and go from there. Ghost, Del Zotto, Ivan and Gudas who be there 4 to start this club around.

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ivan will get his chance next season on the Flyers.

There is ZERO chance this kid comes to camp next year and DOESN'T out shine the like of Streit, Schultz, Manning and Mcdud!

ZERO!!!!

In fact i pray that the 4 i mentioned above are gone traded or released or whatever....just reboot...and go from there. Ghost, Del Zotto, Ivan and Gudas who be there 4 to start this club around.

I'm a big Gudas fan. I hope when all the kids make it, the Flyers find a way to keep Gudas in the top 6. Very nice physicality, and a lot of people don't realize, he is only 25 right now. He does turn 26 in early June, but still, relatively young. He's only been in the NHL for 4 years, so this is a guy who can still evolve, work on things like positioning etc....we need his hard nosed edge he brings to the ice. I'm willing to have one of th top 6 not elite fast, just to get his toughness and anger into the line-up.

Provorov finishes even and no points in the Wheat Kings 6-4 win take a 2-0 lead in the series.

Meyers finishes -2 no points in their loss. Series is 1-1.

I forgot Doves Mcfalls was playing for the Sea Dogs their series is 1-1. I guess because he has been injured most of the year.

How about promote the Reading Royals head coach to the Phantoms in place of Gordon. He has that team in the 2nd round of the ECHL playoffs with a ot of the same talent even lesser than the Phantoms.

His name is Larry Courville....hire Kimmo to be his assistant maybe. Just a thought i think Gordon underachieved big time this year with the Phantoms.

Philippe Myers and the Huskies start their quest for the President Cup tonight

Philippe Myers and the Huskies start their quest for the President Cup tonight

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/philippe-myers-huskies-qmjhl-final-president-cup-schedule/

A Flyers prospect is starting play for a Cup tonight. The President Cup.

Philadelphia Flyers prospect Philippe Myers and his Rouyn-Noranda Huskies are in the QMJHL Final and begin their seven game series for the President Cup tonight against the Shawinigan Cataractes.

The Huskies took care of business in game five with a thrilling come from behind victory to win the series. Myers had an assist and was a plus-four in the clinching game. Overall in these playoffs Myers has one goal and 10 assists for 11 points and a +14 rating in 15 games. The Huskies have allowed just 19 goals in 15 games in the 2016 playoffs with Myers and his 6’6″ frame shutting things down on the blue line.

Game one and two will be in Rouyn-Noranda, and the series will follow a 2-2-1-1-1 format through seven games if necessary.

Here is the full schedule:

Game 1 – Wed May 4 | 7:00 PM | Shawinigan @ Rouyn-Noranda
Game 2 – Fri May 6 | 7:00 PM | Shawinigan @ Rouyn-Noranda
Game 3 – Sun May 8 | 7:00 PM | Rouyn-Noranda @ Shawinigan
Game 4 – Mon May 9 | 7:00 PM | Rouyn-Noranda @ Shawinigan
Game 5 – Wed May 11 | 7:00 PM | * Shawinigan @ Rouyn-Noranda
Game 6 – Fri May 13 | TBD| * Rouyn-Noranda @ Shawinigan
Game 7 – Sun May 15 | TBD | * Shawinigan @ Rouyn-Noranda

Good luck to Philippe and all the Huskies players as they look to take down Shawinigan and win the first President Cup in Royun-Noranda history!

Good to hear.....a dark horse in Hexy's cupboard of blueline prospects....he may even make someone ahead of him expendable in a trade....we'll see...

Philippe Myers leads Huskies to comeback victory in game one of QMJHL Final

Philippe Myers leads Huskies to comeback victory in game one of QMJHL Final

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/philippe-myers-rouyn-noranda-huskies-game-one-highlights/

Myers led all Huskies with four shots on goal, including a crucial game-tying goal and then an assist on the game-winning goal with just over one minute remaining in the third period.

myersgoalPPcup.gif

myerscelly.gif

He has two goals and 11 assists for 13 points with a +16 rating in 16 games.

huskiesgwg.gif

I was reading Bill's comments this morning saying if they could do the drat over this kid would be a 1st round pick at worst a 2nd. Sweet find for Hextall.

Slow day looking forward a little bit....i can't wait till Hak has the option to put the Twin towers out on the blueline at the same time to shut down other teams....

sam Morin 6

Sam Morin 7

morina

morin-hit.gif

And his offensive partner...

myersgoalPPcup.gif

myergoalmar6.gif

myersotwinner.gif

huskiesgwg.gif

And these guys will be the 4th and 5th options on the blueline....YIKES!!! Can't wait!!!

WHL_Roundup_May_6_16_2-1.jpg

Wheat Kings Take Game 1 In Overtime 3-2

The 2016 WHL Championship Series kicked off on Friday night in Brandon, Manitoba as the Brandon Wheat Kings and Seattle Thunderbirds started their quest to become the WHL’s 50th Season Champions.

Tanner Kaspick netted the overtime winner as the Brandon Wheat Kings defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds by a score of 3-2 in Game 1 of the 2016 WHL Championship Series. The Wheat Kings outshot the Thunderbirds 10-0 in the extra frame.

Game Summary

As the first period saw both teams trade chances back and forth, the Wheat Kings opened the scoring late as Reid Duke took advantage of a turnover from Seattle to give the Wheat Kings a 1-0 lead and put the sellout crowd into a frenzy.

On a short-handed rush, Donovan Neuls slid the puck by a sprawling Jordan Papirny to tie the game at 1-1 midway through the second period.

Ryan Gropp makes a nifty forehand-backhand move to give Seattle a 2-1 lead just 28 seconds into the third period.

The Wheat Kings responded as Nolan Patrick jumped on the loose puck and snapped it by Bow. Game 1 was all tied up at two goals apiece.

Hand-eye coordination by Tanner Kaspick led to this unique, but incredible overtime winner for the Brandon Wheat Kings.Another look at the overtime winner.

Brandon outshot Seattle 10-0 in overtime and by a 42-33 margin overall while both Clubs finished 1/5 on the power play.

Game 2 of the 2016 WHL Championship Series goes on Saturday night at 7:30pm CT/6:30pm MT. Catch the action on WHL on Shaw TV and whllive.ca

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, OccamsRazor said:

How about promote the Reading Royals head coach to the Phantoms in place of Gordon. He has that team in the 2nd round of the ECHL playoffs with a ot of the same talent even lesser than the Phantoms.

His name is Larry Courville....hire Kimmo to be his assistant maybe. Just a thought i think Gordon underachieved big time this year with the Phantoms.

Hard to win when you have nothing on the forward lines.  Injuries took a huge toll too.  Quite simply, the talent isn't there....yet.  Same problem as the big club - they are too small to slug it out with the big bruisers.  And I still think people are vastly over-rating Morin.  To me he's just another Ollie Lauridsen or Joey Mormina. 

On 5/7/2016 at 2:44 PM, Poconono said:

Hard to win when you have nothing on the forward lines.  Injuries took a huge toll too.  Quite simply, the talent isn't there....yet.  Same problem as the big club - they are too small to slug it out with the big bruisers.  And I still think people are vastly over-rating Morin.  To me he's just another Ollie Lauridsen or Joey Mormina. 

lol what? I highly doubt the Flyers brass over valued him that badly.

Just silly to claim that after one year of pro hockey. He's always been a project and he made some good strides this past year.

People need to learn how to be patient with players

26 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

lol what? I highly doubt the Flyers brass over valued him that badly.

Just silly to claim that after one year of pro hockey. He's always been a project and he made some good strides this past year.

People need to learn how to be patient with players

What? I thought at 20 you should be a finished product and in the Norris running....what a bum he is....:beer:

On 5/7/2016 at 2:44 PM, Poconono said:

....and yet, every scout who has seen Morin this year has said that they were very impressed at how he's worked out some of the kinks in his game (especially on the technical side of things). With added weight and muscle to his frame, he's going to be that much more of a monster to play against. You want to see someone who looks like Lauridsen or Mormina as a 20 year old in the AHL? Look at some of the tapes of Zdeno Chara. And scouts will tell you that Morin is miles ahead on the development chart than Chara was at the same age.

Archived