Tank Nation: How will the upcoming Draft Lottery shake out for the Leafs?

WordsOfWisdom

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure.

But right now they're dead last and worst case scenario, they'd pick 4th. I really can't see 3 other teams ending up worse than what the Leafs are icing on a regular basis. One of those teams you could be battling for last is Buffalo, and they're in your division and have better players. McDavids back in Edmonton, him alone should be able to get more points than the Leafs.

This isn't the Leafs of old...who'd just plain suck until they were officially eliminated and then go on a ten game winning streak. This is a gawdawful team with a serious lack of talent who's probably overachieved. 

Sure it's possible they pick 7th. It's also possible they win the cup. But they won't.

:lol: "anything is possible" The worst cliched thing ever said.

6 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

You're all dreaming. First draft belongs to Edmonton.

I'd like to see a drafted player pull a "Lindros" and decline to play in Edmonton, assuming they get another #1 pick. If I were a #1 draft pick, I'd walk away from the Oilers. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure.

But right now they're dead last and worst case scenario, they'd pick 4th. I really can't see 3 other teams ending up worse than what the Leafs are icing on a regular basis. One of those teams you could be battling for last is Buffalo, and they're in your division and have better players. McDavids back in Edmonton, him alone should be able to get more points than the Leafs.

This isn't the Leafs of old...who'd just plain suck until they were officially eliminated and then go on a ten game winning streak. This is a gawdawful team with a serious lack of talent who's probably overachieved. 

Sure it's possible they pick 7th. It's also possible they win the cup. But they won't.

Oh no, you jinxed it.  :(

The Leafs have a sh__  ton of home games to finish the season. It would be SO LEAF-LIKE to watch them get hot and finish the season 10th or 11th in the East instead of bottoming out like the suck-arse franchise they are and getting a high draft pick (that they don't trade away) for once in franchise history. 

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Oh no, you jinxed it.  :(

The Leafs have a sh__  ton of home games to finish the season. It would be SO LEAF-LIKE to watch them get hot and finish the season 10th or 11th in the East instead of bottoming out like the suck-arse franchise they are and getting a high draft pick (that they don't trade away) for once in franchise history. 

Have you looked at that roster? Besides Morgan Reilly, JVR is the best player you have...and he's injured. 

The MarLeafs will be picking top 5.

53 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I'd like to see a drafted player pull a "Lindros" and decline to play in Edmonton, assuming they get another #1 pick. If I were a #1 draft pick, I'd walk away from the Oilers. 

Never going to happen, Hockey players are respectful to the point of dishonesty.

Unbelievable. The Oilers lost at home again last night. With sooo-ooo many first round picks in their line-up it doesn't seem real. It is just shameful. We need them and the jackets to go on a 4 or 5 game winning streak, otherwise we have no chance of finishing last. And even then, with there being 3 lottery picks available, and considering our lousy luck, we could pick fourth...... I'm startin to get ticked.....:mad:

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Unbelievable. The Oilers lost at home again last night. With sooo-ooo many first round picks in their line-up it doesn't seem real. It is just shameful. We need them and the jackets to go on a 4 or 5 game winning streak, otherwise we have no chance of finishing last. And even then, with there being 3 lottery picks available, and considering our lousy luck, we could pick fourth...... I'm startin to get ticked.....:mad:

I'm extremely pissed with the Oilers. It just isn't funny any more. They are abusing the NHL draft system for their own gain, and unless the league steps in and puts a limit on consecutive #1 picks (or changes the draft system entirely) I don't see them changing their ways. 

If the Oilers pick #1 again, I want to see the drafted player demand to be traded.  ie: If the Oilers get Matthews, he should just walk away. Tell the media that you don't want to play for the Oilers. A message needs to be sent. :(

You know, I think the League should change the way that picks are awarded. It's unfair teams are rewarded for failure. First pick should go to the team closest to making the playoffs that doesn't get in...

:ph34r:

38 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

You know, I think the League should change the way that picks are awarded. It's unfair teams are rewarded for failure. First pick should go to the team closest to making the playoffs that doesn't get in...

I am so glad there was a ninja :hyper:

I'm betting that if the Oilers do get the first pick or any first round pick that they will trade it for something they need. They don't really need any more forwards do they? I think they should seriously consider breaking up this team. Unfortunately, we have nothing left to offer....:)

21 hours ago, AJgoal said:

I would love a system like that :hyper:, but don't implement it for another five years.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

I'm betting that if the Oilers do get the first pick or any first round pick that they will trade it for something they need. They don't really need any more forwards do they? I think they should seriously consider breaking up this team. Unfortunately, we have nothing left to offer....:)

They're trying to collect forwards as if they were trading cards: get them all. LOL. :lol:

Archived