Game #14 - Flyers at Jets - Nov 7 2015 - 7:00 ET

brelic

Really?  I watched some of the 1st....was in and out of the room.....so I should not watch the final 2 periods.....just check out the highlights?

It's all my opinion, of course, but I was not interested. For me, there has only been one really exciting game this year - and that was against the Rags. I know you love hockey, jammer, so you could probably find something interesting in the game :)

@brelic   Of course I love hockey, but Flyer hockey has been brutal to sit through this year....past few years actually. This team has no identity....the last time we really looked interesting was when Carter and Richards were here....at least you could count on excitement then.

@brelic   Of course I love hockey, but Flyer hockey has been brutal to sit through this year....past few years actually. This team has no identity....the last time we really looked interesting was when Carter and Richards were here....at least you could count on excitement then.

Ha! Completely brutal, right? I ended up playing guitar last night instead, and wrote the major parts to a new song. 

Berube's first season wasn't too bad - wasn't that the year they set a record for come-from-behind wins? The team still had a lot of the Laviolette characteristics with the benefit of a coaching change. But, yeah, other than that, it's been a while. Even their SCF run, the regular season was boring. 

We don't have any exciting rookies in the lineup, and we don't really have an electrifying player to watch. So where's the interest? 

Even their SCF run, the regular season was boring.

It was ultra boring. That was a very poor team that just happened to gel at the right time. If Giroux misses that shoot out goal in game #82, that team misses the playoffs. It was a wonderful magical run, but I always look back to game #82 and how close they came to total failure. The 4 other things that stick out from that run was the dominance of Richards, the poise of Timmonen, the last time Gagne played like a champ and that outrageous 3 pronged goalie carousel that lead to the Bryzdisater.

The 4 other things that stick out from that run was the dominance of Richards, the poise of Timmonen, the last time Gagne played like a champ and that outrageous 3 pronged goalie carousel that lead to the Bryzdisater.

And Pronger stealing pucks :) 

Greetings:

I didn't see the game but it appears our backup goalie is on a run while our starter is exhibiting some "frailties."  This is not the first time a backup challenges a starter.  We see where it goes

One thing is certain--we will not win shoot 'em ups.  This is a team that an only win close-checking affairs.  And I don't think that will change throughout the season.  Our GF/GA is 29th in the leagues...yikes.  

By the way, looking at earlier posts in this thread brings up a long-standing issue on this board--our 2008 and 2010 runs were "flukes."  My gut says they reflect a reality of Homer's building method.  Every once in a while the parts brought in by trade will work reasonably well.  But overall, we will win by the draft and bringing cohorts through ranks together.  Our inconsistent play over the last decade reflects our development strategy. 

Howie

2010 was just a team that underachieved for most of the season and got healthy at the right time. When you look at that roster, it had everything a SC winning team needed, aside from a goalie (sort of since Emery was injured). A fluke? No, but definitely a lucky team in terms of the match-ups we had in the playoffs.

Archived