In the Cross Hairs: Zac Rinaldo

CoachX

So, I was reading an article where Rinaldo apparently sent Coots a text after trying to detach his melon from his shoulders. Of course he made a statement to the effect of, "Im not a dirty player" .... . Blah, blah , blah-blah, blah!

Every time that oxygen thief does something like this, he mutters the same crap. I'm wondering who he's trying to convince? No matter. I think the Flyers should ramp up the physicality and target this a-hole anytime he's on the ice. Put an "X" on his back and turn this game into an old fashioned melee

I'll never forget when I first heard of Rinaldo.  We were at a Season Ticket Holder Townhall and Homer and Chris Pryor were telling us about who was in the pipeline and  2 of the guys that they were gushing over at the time were Harry Zolnierczyk and Rinaldo.  With Rinaldo Homer just said "You are going to love this guy!"

Just now, Poulin20 said:

I'll never forget when I first heard of Rinaldo.  We were at a Season Ticket Holder Townhall and Homer and Chris Pryor were telling us about who was in the pipeline and  2 of the guys that they were gushing over at the time were Harry Zolnierczyk and Rinaldo.  With Rinaldo Homer just said "You are going to love this guy!"

Didn't he say that about the upside-down acquisition of Carcillo?

35 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

33 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Didn't he say that about the upside-down acquisition of Carcillo?

Zac and Car Bomb.... one in the same.  Interchangeable parts IMO.  Like @murraycraven said, both are fringe NHL'ers, although I think someone once said Car-Bomb maybe a tiny bit more NHL skill.

Unless the game is already out of hand, not worth going afrer Zac at this time.  Besides I think Gudas could probably tune him up pretty good,

5 hours ago, swflyers28 said:

We need the win first off.  If anyone should take a shot of laying him out, my vote goes to Gudas.

Yes this isn't about Zac this best way to get him back is to WIN!!! This if the game is secure maybe show him something but if that was going to happen i wish they would have called Goulbourne up to do it. But i'd rather them concentrate on the game and the win...you start worrying about Zac and then Zac wins because that is exactly what he wants you to do...don't give him the satisfaction. EFF HIM!

First, I don't think anyone on the flyers could beat Rinaldo.  I still think he is one of the best fighters in the game.  Simmonds isn't compact like Rinaldo and I think that would work against him.  White isn't as good as Rinaldo at fighting and Goudas doesn't fight.  After that, I wouldn't be confident throwing anyone in the mix.

Second, you're worried about going after a guy who plays 4 minutes a game?  If you're worried about that, maybe you would want Rinaldo back on the team.  I want to see the flyers play their game and if the opportunity arises for Goudas to get a good shot in, I hope he connects.

22 minutes ago, icehole said:

First, I don't think anyone on the flyers could beat Rinaldo.  I still think he is one of the best fighters in the game.  Simmonds isn't compact like Rinaldo and I think that would work against him.  White isn't as good as Rinaldo at fighting and Goudas doesn't fight.  After that, I wouldn't be confident throwing anyone in the mix.

Second, you're worried about going after a guy who plays 4 minutes a game?  If you're worried about that, maybe you would want Rinaldo back on the team.  I want to see the flyers play their game and if the opportunity arises for Goudas to get a good shot in, I hope he connects.

I don't think anyone is worried about Zac except maybe getting a borderline illegal check from him just like Coots did when he took his eyes off of Zac or forgot about him...like him or not he lays out some punishing hits...so yes in that aspect it is the only reseason they are worried about him i think.

6 hours ago, swflyers28 said:

AgreWe need the win first off.  If anyone should take a shot of laying him out, my vote goes to Gudas.

Agreed.  Don't waste time playing into his game. Any of them  lately there have been dirtier players on the Bruins actually getting suspended.

I think Radko can let him know during warm ups though... Take a run at anyone and I will exact retribution on your sorry tush.  

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think anyone is worried about Zac except maybe getting a borderline illegal check from him just Coots did when he took his eyes off of Zac or forgot about him...like him or not he lays out some punishing hits...so yes in that aspect it is the only reseason they are worried about him i think.

That's a pretty selective and sympathetic memory of events. 

27 minutes ago, icehole said:

I don't want him to, but Simmonds could put Zac in traction if he wanted to. 

The Gudas thing is more about a brutal hit of his own I think.  For which the biggest problem would be catching Zac on an actual shift.  

I just think it's as simple as this.  Be aware when Zac is on the ice.  If that alters your game a little when he's out there, so be it...he'll only be out there a handful of times anyway.  Plus, he's a hard hitter but he's not the only hitter...you have to keep your head up no matter what.

If he takes a run at someone, then you need to have someone take care of him.  I guess I would try to have white out there for that.
I dont really think he'll have much of an impact on the game though.

Archived