Game #56 - Flyers at Devils - Feb 16 2016 - 7:00 ET

OccamsRazor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: the Gudas hit, I'm not sure why he feels he has to come to Schult's defence there, but if you're gonna play the game like that - like a big bully (which I don't mind really), you better not get caught.  And in today's game, with all the cameras and such, you're gonna get caught, so.... 

15 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Re: the Gudas hit, I'm not sure why he feels he has to come to Schult's defence there, but if you're gonna play the game like that - like a big bully (which I don't mind really), you better not get caught.  And in today's game, with all the cameras and such, you're gonna get caught, so.... 

I don't really understand the point of the hit there, either.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

I don't really understand the point of the hit there, either.

Context often matters, so who knows. I didn't see the game, but from what I know about Farnham he flies around the ice like a whirling dervish and hits everything in sight. Half his hits on the D must be borderline charging, or it must feel like it is when you're peeling yourself off the end boards. Maybe he had it coming to him.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Context often matters, so who knows. I didn't see the game, but from what I know about Farnham he flies around the ice like a whirling dervish and hits everything in sight. Half his hits on the D must be borderline charging, or it must feel like it is when you're peeling yourself off the end boards. Maybe he had it coming to him.

I came in late to the game and missed the hit. Not sure if there was a lead-up.

Still doesn't mean it was a good idea but it was a Gudas idea to be sure :)

well that's good - no hearing. I can't imagine what they would've said had there been one ...

"So what's this I hear 2 guys collided during last night's hockey game? And we're here to rule on ... what exactly?"

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

League source says no hearing scheduled for Radko Gudas.

And they get it right again.

definitely the right call.... does not make it a smart play.  When Hextall & Hak both had to speak to him individually there is a concern that Radko does not understand the issue.  Play the game and stop putting your Team a man down with a short bench.   

So is that 2 or 3 match penalties without suspensions?  You don't see that too often.  Usually, if it's bad enough to call a match penalty, a suspension goes with it.

The hit was illegal just because the puck wasn't there.  It was stupid and unnecessary but I'm sure he had his reasons.  Farnham must weigh 80lbs because Gudas wasn't even skating and he twirled around like he was hit by a speeding truck.

31 minutes ago, icehole said:

So is that 2 or 3 match penalties without suspensions?  You don't see that too often.  Usually, if it's bad enough to call a match penalty, a suspension goes with it.

The hit was illegal just because the puck wasn't there.  It was stupid and unnecessary but I'm sure he had his reasons.  Farnham must weigh 80lbs because Gudas wasn't even skating and he twirled around like he was hit by a speeding truck.

Every single point in that was dead on. Well said!

Archived