Eastern Conference QF Game 3 - Capitals at Flyers - Apr 18 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

23 minutes ago, Hose Head said:

I personally don't think the Flyers should be focused first on Holtby, but they should be worried about what that Capitals offense is going to do.

The Flyers have been in the game for large stretches of the first two games the thing holding them back was offense and more specifically no production on PP opportunities.  They have scored one goal to the Capitals six so I absolutely think there primary focus tonight should be generating offense and taking advantage of some PP's.  A big part of that is to take Holtby's eyes away and get in his kitchen and make it as uncomfortable as possible for him to make saves.     

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

And then gets immediately ejected, suspended, fined, the works.  That'd be our luck..........

Well, someone's got to stand up for Couturier and Schenn. We're letting them intimidate us physically - led by Ovenchicken. 

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No arguements there. But baby steps....let's get one.....and go from there.

I believe if they can get one past him it will give them some confidence and the damn could break....i hope....

Goalies are definitely fragile folk and if they get him rattled in anyway with one or two passed him early that could be the end of his night altogether.

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

Still upset Jake is back on top line, he doesn't deserve it plus Schenn, G and Simmer were really on a roll. I would have Raffl center the 2nd line and leave Jake with him a Gagner.

Was that you and I talking in the chatbox the other night? You were right Jake is skating with Giroux / Simmonds. I agree with you 100%, Hak took his only real offensively dangerous line and broke it up. I hope he realizes his mistake before G3 is over. Schenn isn't making anything happen at 2C and Voracek and Giroux aren't clicking. Maybe it'll come together tonight but I wouldn't wait too long if I were Hakstol. Like you said 10 minutes.

13 minutes ago, canoli said:

Was that you and I talking in the chatbox the other night? You were right Jake is skating with Giroux / Simmonds. I agree with you 100%, Hak took his only real offensively dangerous line and broke it up. I hope he realizes his mistake before G3 is over. Schenn isn't making anything happen at 2C and Voracek and Giroux aren't clicking. Maybe it'll come together tonight but I wouldn't wait too long if I were Hakstol. Like you said 10 minutes.

Yes that is what I was bitching about in chat box the other night Lol

The best players have to be the best players.

Work as a team and hit 

Early in the first  They should take a run at Holpy.

Fly Guys can win this one 

3 to 2  

O T goal scored Shenn ..

Go Flyers .

Wow. Zero PP power limp noodle.

It's ok. 

Next year the personel will be better. No way Provorov isn't a Flyers competeing with these stiffs.

I would have liked to have won at least one game. Just not enough skill right now.

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Mason did not help his cause with that goal.  On the other hand, his teammates aren't getting the job done on O. Our effort isn't the problem. Skill is the issue. 

Sure this isn't all on Mase this PP is the worst i've seen since i have been watching the Flyers. But let's put Neuvy in maybe just maybe he can steal one.

Give Morin a shot too what the f**k and if one person say one thing about rushing him i'm going to...........

I edited it before i get PMd.

The flyers PP went in the toilet when one team decided to see what would happen if they put a guy high to pressure the puck carrier.  Giroux has to get rid of it quickly eliminating his abilities and ghost has no space to crank up his shot.

So could someone please tell me how they can work around it?  Every team is doing it to them and their PP has suffered severly.

Can someone also explain why the flyers collapse into a low box on the PK?  The puck carrier along the boards has all day to decide how he's going to pick you apart. 

Archived