Jack Adams Finalists

hf101

Jack Adams Finalists  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should win the Jack Adams Award?

• Gerald Gallant
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Barry Trotz

The Finalists for the Jack Adams award are:

Gerald Gallant

Lindy Ruff

Barry Trotz

I thought for sure Mike Sullivan and Dave Hakstol would be given nominations.

Oh well, I'll bet all three are praying they don't win it and get fired within a year.   :5726b5f7a17fd_cointoss:

4 minutes ago, hf101 said:

The Finalists for the Jack Adams award are:

Gerald Gallant

Lindy Ruff

Barry Trotz

I thought for sure Mike Sullivan and Dave Hakstol would be given nominations.

Oh well, I'll bet all three are praying they don't win it and get fired within a year.   :5726b5f7a17fd_cointoss:

If Gallant doesn't win this in a landslide I'll be shocked.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

What the hell with Trotz and Ruff?   They just counted wins, nothing more. 

Besides, I don't like Ruff. That's reason enough to drop him in my opinion. Lol

I am a Caps fan and I can definitely say Trotz was not the main reason the Capitals won all those games this season. The Capitals have many really good or great players on the team that won 98% of the games. I will give Trotz 2% for all those wins. I didn't follow the Stars nearly as close, but I can probably say the same thing for Ruff. Gallant has to win this.

Despite the talent, I think Sullivan gets honorable mention for turning the Pens team around.  Sub-.500 when he took over and sliding backward.  Now they've won 21 of their last 25 games...  And they're rolling still.  

13 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Despite the talent, I think Sullivan gets honorable mention for turning the Pens team around.  Sub-.500 when he took over and sliding backward.  Now they've won 21 of their last 25 games...  And they're rolling still.  

My vote to win?  No.

Honorable mention, yes.  Maybe even a nomination.

Hakstol is similar for me.   A "well-done, Rookie" pat on the back.  Maybe even a nomination if I'm feeling saucy.   But not to win.

I was thinking about this last night after seeing this thread.   I'm not sure who my three would even be.  The strike against Sullivan is he was only there a partial year, but it's hard to argue against the turnaround.  As good a choice for nomination as any, I suppose.  There's no one that jumps out.

To tell you the truth, I don't like him and he got fired, but considering the horrible start that the Ducks had, you have to give at least honorable mention to Boudreau not only for a turnaround but such a comeback.  I mean, on Christmas they had the second WORST record in the league.  Usually by then you're not making the playoffs.   They won their division.   That really is coaching.

I'm going to go shower now.

24 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I was about to unsober in about an hour.

I acted like I was 20 and did that last night at the gig I went to. Podein25Jr was there to drive me home

Archived