Catching up on todays trades

Catching up on todays action in the trade market.....

John Chayka must have a thing against second round picks, today he gave one to the Lightning for a kid, Anthony th?id=OIP.M9cf215b7d45b9d5d30df891b781ec Deangelo who the Bolts took in the first a few years ago but who stubornly has refused to grow beyond his 5 foot 10 frame and 170 pounds, getting pushed around relularly. I picture Chayka like Oprah, th?id=OIP.M54919701787f5e60adb97998d2cc9 running around the draft room in Buffalo pointing at rival GM's and yelling, "YOU GET A SECOND ROUNDER! YOU GET A SECOND ROUNDER!" I am still trying to figure out what he is doing. Reading Coyote boards I am not alone.

The Rangers added d-man Nick Holden from the Avalanche for a 4th rounder. Holden is a big plodding stay at home defender, a sign that Girardi may be on the way out. Holden is cheaper and plays the same style.

Kerby th?id=OIP.M26733be85506c29b4c52dda08b772 Rychel has been complaining about playing time in Columbus and has been pushed out by a lot of up and coming kids, he was dealt to the Leafs for Scott Harrington who is going to his third team in 12 months. Rychel has been a bust, 37 games in the NHL and 2 goals but could be a good middle six forward in Toronto.

Jack th?id=OIP.Mb8e1af3da913348387c293178fc6b Campbell was supposed to be the future in Dallas but he was donated to the Kings for a nothing prospect because a) the Stars have Niemi and Lehtonen and b) Campbell is not very good. He will back up Quick next season.

Beau th?id=OIP.M6e2ef7337ecf56e545bf47e4181b0 Bennett gets a new lease on life after failing numerous trials with the Pens he was traded to the Devils for a third rounder. Bennett will be given every chance to play middle six minutes in New Jersey. I still think he can play a bit, no idea how he has failed so much with Malkin and Crosby feeding him.

Lastly, the deal that started the day which makes no sense to me, the host club, Buffalo added Dmitri th?id=HS.79305729690&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300& Kulikov who has been rumored to be on the block in exchange for Mark Pysyk. Kulikov has been a mainstay on the Panther blueline for 7 years, playing regularly during that time as a steady stay at home shut down guy, Pysyk th?id=OIP.M738ed987918e0321143a7cdc40524 aside from having no vowels in a five letter name which is really cool is a former first rounder who has been okay in Buffalo but has been a number 6 or 7 guy who spends time in Rochester every year. A bit of offensive upside but it comes and goes. IMHO Buffalo killed it in this deal. Florida has a new brain trust that is rebuilding based off Corsi and WAR and have now moved out almost the entire defense. Curious move.

That is it.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I picture Chayka like Oprah, th?id=OIP.M54919701787f5e60adb97998d2cc9 running around the draft room in Buffalo pointing at rival GM's and yelling, "YOU GET A SECOND ROUNDER! YOU GET A SECOND ROUNDER!" I am still trying to figure out what he is doing. Reading Coyote boards I am not alone.

Ha! Maybe Chayka is still woozy after getting (insert your word of choice here) by Holland last night! :hocky:

35 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Ha! Maybe Chayka is still woozy after getting (insert your word of choice here) by Holland last night! :hocky:

First pic of Oprah ever in a Hockey web site.

Yeah, he threw one in in the deal where he took Datsyuk's contract, and then he gave one up for Deangelo who was decent in his first year in the AHL but is too damn small to play defense regularly in the NHL. I was just reading that Deangelo was Chychrun's partner in Junior so it is possible the two of them may be paired together. Big difference playing with Sarnia against a bunch of kids as compared to playing against the big boys tho.

One more trade:

The New York Rangers acquired 29 year old dman Nick Holden from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2017.

- A replacement for Yandle?? really? Don't the Rags have anyone to bring up from the AHL?

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

One more trade:

The New York Rangers acquired 29 year old dman Nick Holden from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2017.

- A replacement for Yandle?? really? Don't the Rags have anyone to bring up from the AHL?

They haven't had a first round pick since 2012, so probably not. And to think all they gave away for roughly 130 games of Yandle was Anthony Duclair, the picks that helped Arizona get Chychrun, and John Moore, who is now playing for the Devils.

Good work Rangers. :goodjob:

@yave1964 great write up, as per usual. 

But I really learned something:  the Coyotes have a message board. 

Who knew? 

Wait, are they real Coyotes fans or do they have to have some kind of quota and just bought the profiles of dead former members of other nhl teams' boards? 

5 hours ago, MadDevil said:

They haven't had a first round pick since 2012, so probably not. And to think all they gave away for roughly 130 games of Yandle was Anthony Duclair, the picks that helped Arizona get Chychrun, and John Moore, who is now playing for the Devils.

This.

That is indeed a trade which will haunt them for a long time, even if it were only Ducair, throw in Chychrun and it is a complete bomb. Yandle has loooong been coveted by me for the Wings, his style would fit nicely but the Rags fans want rugged defenders who eat forwards babies for lunch and he is not that guy, he was booed and reviled and I am certain could not wait to get out of town. Honestly I thought it was better than even he was moved before the last trade deadline. He had a good year last season, not that a Ranger fan would admit it, but was hated for not hitting more. I just dont get it. He could play for me any time.

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

One more trade:

I had Holden listed, my gut says he is the potential replacement for Girardi who is rumored to be on the way out. As for who replaces Yandle, young Brady Skjei is the only d-man with any talent in the AHL so I guess he gets the nod unless there is a move, He is more of a stay at home guy though, but is big and fast. So who knows with the Rangers, the team most in need of Ritalin, with or without Slats running the circus.

@yave1964

I read through it while sleepy-eyed last night, and I must have skimmed over it between the pics.  Saw it first thing this morning though.  lol.  Looking at their roster it looks like Holden is replacing Dan Boyle.  Holden's cap hit is only 1.65M.

What the flying f*** is Chiarelli thinking? Or rather not thinking? 

I get that Larson is a a solid top four defender on most teams, but Hall is easily a top five LW in the league. A high pick or two should have went the other way in my opinion. 

Also, aside for the cap recapture, I think Nashville really made out on the Weber/Subban deal. I still am trying to wrap my head around how Nashville will have to pay some amount of money for the next six years. 

On 6/26/2016 at 2:21 AM, MadDevil said:

wow you hate them almost as much as i do...power brother !

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/06/30/stamkos-return-to-lightning-was-blessing-to-sabres/

Buffalo News agrees with yours truly that the Sabres avoided a dumb signing

Agree with yours truly?

You spent the last few months bragging proudly that Stamkos was as good as signed by the sabres because of pegula and how strong he would make the team next year

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

wow you hate them almost as much as i do...power brother !

I'm a Devils fan. If I didn't hate the Rangers I would be murdered by one of the 7 other Devils fans.:cool[1]:

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Agree with yours truly?

You spent the last few months bragging proudly that Stamkos was as good as signed by the sabres because of pegula and how strong he would make the team next year

At least he doesn't sit on the fence....Junkie actually stands on both sides.

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You have me confused with someone else because I have never been a fan of Stamkos.   

Entirely possible I got you mixed up with one of the other Sabres fans on this site. Wait....

Maybe someone who hates the sabres said it.

Archived