LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Do you mean 2nd Round picks actually mean something ? :cool[1]:  What a novel idea...the 2nd round actually DOES exist!

Stolarz was a 2nd round pick!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brelic said:

Lol wow! Pond hockey! I love those games every once in a while! 

Yes it sure looks like pond hockey from this score....

...hey but they are winning...i'll take it these kids need some playoff experience...

they are tied for 1st place in the Atlantic with 37 points. 18-7-1 with one more win than the team they are tied with!!!

And if they are in the playoffs this season they will get Oskar Lindblom added to the fire power...me likey!!!

lindblomgoalreplay.gif

313_54.jpg

Phantoms win in a shootout. Andy Miele with the only goal in the shootout.

Lyons turns away 21 shots. 3 in the shootout.

Greg Carey with his 13th and TJ Brennan with his 10th.

Gamehights: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/lehigh-valley-phantoms-vs-hershey-bears/16260

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Phantoms win again 7-1. Sanheim scores again. Kid looks like he is heating up!

He and Morin have played really well together since Gordon decided to partner them together. Morin has been allowed to focus defensively on matters and Sanheim has been allowed to be more of a roamer. I'm hopeful this is a potential second pairing for the next 15 to 17 years in Philadelphia. One of the things I've noticed since Sanheim has started playing with Morin is that Sanheim has started to assert himself a little more physically and is now effectively taking guys out along the wall and not losing any ground. Hopefully the Flyers do the duo the favour of leaving in them in Lehigh Valley for the year to continue working on their play together and allowing them to have a great season and playoff run together. And just think, next season, Mark Friedman and Phillipe Myers are the next duo to join the Phantoms team. 

On 12/17/2016 at 9:14 AM, OccamsRazor said:

" Morin and Sanheim, who stand 6-foot-6 and 6-foot-4 respectively, are referred to as the Phantoms’ “twin towers,” by coach Scott Gordon. They may very well rise to the NHL at the same time and Morin may be the best person for Sanheim to be close to considering their paths to pro hockey are similar. "

Excitement.

Hart had a nice shutout in WJC exhibition against the Finns last night in a 5-0 Canada win. His calm and poise really reminds you of Carey Price.

Myers was probably Canadas best defenceman last night too. They've got him and Chabot as top pairing. 

25 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart had a nice shutout in WJC exhibition against the Finns last night in a 5-0 Canada win.

I only saw parts but I kept thinking: his movements are so fluid and calm. I'll say it here and now: he's gonna score 60 goals  win the Vezina

13 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I only saw parts but I kept thinking: his movements are so fluid and calm. I'll say it here and now: he's gonna score 60 goals  win the Vezina

I think he wins the Vezina AND scores 60. 

Ya..I'm not going to say anything about his NHL career, but he sure looks calm and cool in net. Minimal movement cause he's always where he should be.

Archived