LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Connor Bunnaman received a match penalty for slew footing against Owen Sound. Looks like he might be gone a few games. Owen Sound pounded Kitchener 9-1.

Kitchener has always been a big rival of the London Knights, so I could see Branch throwing the book at Bunnaman...but he may see the Platers  Attack (can't stand either name) as a threat and be lenient. Either way,  I'm sure whatever decision he comes up with he'll feel it favors London.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Kitchener has always been a big rival of the London Knights, so I could see Branch throwing the book at Bunnaman...but he may see the Platers  Attack (can't stand either name) as a threat and be lenient. Either way,  I'm sure whatever decision he comes up with he'll feel it favors London.

You're a Spitfires fan, right? You must have been happy with the opening game against London. I watched the game last night and if Windsor goes hard after the London D, London's dead in the water. They literally have next to no size on the blue line and the Windsor forwards swarmed them. BTW, I'm not a Knights fan (I was born in the Ottawa area and the 67s are my team), but that's a good program Hunter has running in London. Still baffles me the Flyers haven't chosen a player from that program yet.

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You're a Spitfires fan, right? You must have been happy with the opening game against London. I watched the game last night and if Windsor goes hard after the London D, London's dead in the water. They literally have next to no size on the blue line and the Windsor forwards swarmed them. BTW, I'm not a Knights fan (I was born in the Ottawa area and the 67s are my team), but that's a good program Hunter has running in London. Still baffles me the Flyers haven't chosen a player from that program yet.

I'm a Colts fan (we missed the playoffs for the 2nd time ever...jammers the Spits fan)  Colts pick 1st...I'm hearing Hughes (born in US, developed every hockey skill he has in Canada)  is leaning toward the college route. i fully expect him to be drafted by London when they pick and magically change his mind.

The Knights run a great program, but I prefer a level playing field and there just isn't one. 

Drained a few beers with Kilrea in his bar.

Nice Merrick Madsen is headed to the Frozen four!!!

Screen_Shot_2017_03_25_at_8.20.18_AM.png

Harvard faces Minnesota-Duluth on April 6th

Today's games.

Mass-Lowell vs. Notre Dame today at 3:30 pm

Penn St. vs Denver at 6:00 pm

Who would have ever thought ND, UMD, and BU would all be in the same bracket. Crazy.  That bracket has gone to OT in every game. - some exciting hockey.  Freshman goalie for UMD Stan Miska will likely go in the first round of this year's draft.

I watched some of the Harvard - AirForce game.  Madsen is a big goalie - 6'5", not much gets past him.  He started all 35 games with a record of  28-5-2.  Has a save% of 0.922 and 2.11 GA.  I wonder if he will stay in school for his senior year or could likely play with the Phantoms next season.

UMD vs Harvard will be the first meeting of these two teams this season - it should be a great matchup as Harvard was ranked #2 in the final regular season standings and University of Minnesota Duluth was ranked 3rd.  

I also have to post a pic of Notre Dame's helmets.  - all I can say is wow - I thought the glitz was only in figure skating...  Will we see the Golden Knights with these shiny globes someday too?

Image result for notre dame hockey helmet

7 hours ago, hf101 said:

I wonder if he will stay in school for his senior year or could likely play with the Phantoms next season.

No. He will sign as soon as he is done. I expect him and Lyon to tandem for the Phantoms next year and Stolie to backup in the NHL next year.

7 hours ago, hf101 said:

Will we see the Golden Knights with these shiny globes someday too?

Dear God i hope not.

30 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

SWEET!!! Thanks for info! Just turned it on!

Please keep us informed on the progress of all the 20 year old busts!!! Thanks ahead of time.

#onlynegativepostallowed

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

:love:

I'd be fine with that....jammer would be ecstatic 

One of the youngest guys in the draft with lot's of upside. His skating needs work but it's improved a lot this season.

Scrappy bunch, battled hard to get back and eventually win it in OT. Miele was all over the ice but I fear he is too small to become a NHL regular.

Sanhiem looks ready. Laughton just doesn't impress IMO. Stollie was solid and had several 5 bell saves.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart stopped 25 shots for yet another shutout...Silvertips go up 2-1 in their series with the Cougars.

Trade him, his value will never be higher.

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Either that or fire him...have we ever fired a goalieMaybe we should try that?

I think we could say Bryz was fired because he's still drawing unemployment from the Flyers and will be for several more years. :hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

Phantoms lose to Bridgeport 3-1.

Game highlights: 

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/lehigh-valley-phantoms-vs-bridgeport-sound-tigers/16894

Stolie stops 34 of 37 shots. His 1st loss in the last 7 games.

This team is struggling to score. Their lading scorer Greg Carey still out. Lone goal by Colin Mcdonald.

Real head scratcher they would seen Reece Willcox to Reading and dress Maxim Lamarche...who is the real ECHL defenseman.

They have WBS tonight. Wonder when Friedman makes his debut??

Brennan -2.

0 for 3 on the PP ain't going to win you many games. Especially when the other club is scoring at 50%!!

What a sweet pass by Sanheim to set up only goal by LV.

sanheimbank1.gif

sanheimbank2.gif

Archived