Camp Review/Prospect Write-up-

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Question is where do I get one of those!!!!!

I used to fly a Flyers flag in my front yard for years....the flak i'd take from my neighbours....one of those blow up things would be awesome. Plus my wife would just love that in our front yard!

Yeah, I get a ration of **** from the bruins fans up here in New England for just wearing my t-shirts/jerseys.....Man, I would buy one of those for myself AND my father-in-law in a hot minute! (He's a Huge Bruins Fan....;)

(moseys on over to google to search "giant inflatable Flyer")

I'm really looking forward to the arrival of Mark Friedman. I know that everyone is excited over Provorov, Sanheim, Morin and possibly Myers, but something tells me that Friedman is going to be a very special player. I see a lot of Brian Rafalski in his game and honestly, I think the Flyers need to stop looking at the conventional top pairing, middle pairing, bottom pairing groupings because all six of the prospects have top pairing upside. That's absolutely insane and it's something where you can balance ice time effectively because one pairing is going to be as good as the other pairing. I honestly have never seen depth like this in my time as a fan.

As for forwards, I mentioned this elsewhere, but while Flyers beat writers and some fans were pissing and moaning about not drafting a Bellows or Gauthier, fact is, the Flyers have several forwards who have goal scoring upside. Anytime you can throw out a Lindblom, Konecny, Aube-Kubel, Allison and Leier, that's five guys who have 20 to 30 goal upside. That's pretty darned sweet as well.

The goaltending has me most excited though. The five goalie prospects (Lyon, Stolarz, Sandstrom, Fedotov, Hart) are legitimate number one goaltending prospects and in the case of Stolarz, Sandstrom and Hart, you've got three bluechip goaltending prospects (I know people hate that word, but there's a very high pedigree amongst those three). I don't know of any other club with the defensive prospects and goaltending prospects the Flyers have. Honestly, Hextall has built up an embarrassment of riches in the Flyers pipe line. I'm sure another high skilled forward or two will help fill out the bill, but right now, this has to be considered a top five farm system in the league.

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

but while Flyers beat writers and some fans were pissing and moaning about not drafting a Bellows or Gauthier,

I pay absolutely NO attention to the Flyers beat writers. IMO they are all a bunch of clowns at the circus. Most of the pissing and moaning I witnessed from fans came from the blog Broad Street Bull.  Fact is unless you are scout none of us have watched these prospects in action....especially Rubstov. (unless you live in Russia!)  We all align ourselves based on what others say about a certain prospect or two.  Yeah we watch a few youtube video clips here and there but that does not qualify us to be experts.

I admit I wanted Bellows and when he fell to us...yes I was disappointed...ask my wife as I cussed at the TV.  However, after reading up even more on Rubstov and the other player drafted, I have full faith in Hexy and now am very excited how some of these kids develop.

I am sure fans of other teams are quite envious on how Hexy is slowly turning this team around and I bet they are secretly a tad fearful on how this Flyer squad could look like in another 2-3 years. 

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I am sure fans of other teams are quite envious on how Hexy is slowly turning this team around and I bet they are secretly a tad fearful on how this Flyer squad could look like in another 2-3 years. 

This team is going to be scary good in 3 years. There's size, speed, skill, physicality, and everyone plays a 200 game. 

15 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't know of any other club with the defensive prospects

Sure not all of them are prospects but the Canes corp of Justin Faulk, Noah Hanifin, Ryan Murphy, Haydn Fleury, Roland Mckeown and Jake Bean is pretty freakin stout but they are not anywhere as deep in net.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure not all of them are prospects but the Canes corp of Justin Faulk, Noah Hanifin, Ryan Murphy, Haydn Fleury, Roland Mckeown and Jake Bean is pretty freakin stout but they are not anywhere as deep in net.

The ' Canes defense doesn't strike fear into me at all. Faulk is a good defenseman and Hanifin had a good first year, but Murphy is in a put up year. Fleury was inconsistent at best, McKeown has a lot of questions as to whether his offensive game will translate to the next level and we'll get to see whether or not Bean can tighten up defensively without Sanheim being around. 

7 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The ' Canes defense doesn't strike fear into me at all. Faulk is a good defenseman and Hanifin had a good first year, but Murphy is in a put up year. Fleury was inconsistent at best, McKeown has a lot of questions as to whether his offensive game will translate to the next level and we'll get to see whether or not Bean can tighten up defensively without Sanheim being around. 

Well let's not pretend the Flyers prospect don't have their question marks too.

On 7/14/2016 at 6:20 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

something tells me that Friedman is going to be a very special player.

I hope he doesn't look at the log jam ahead of him and leave school this upcoming summer and become a free agent June 1st next summer. Or August 15 in he completes next season. Fingers crossed. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, flyercanuck said:

Ghost was also 22...Provorov is 19.

I'd certainly like to see at least some games out of him.

Well hopefully Hexie gives Provorov at least a 9 game tryout this year before deciding to keep him or send him back to juniors.

6 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Well hopefully Hexie gives Provorov at least a 9 game tryout this year before deciding to keep him or send him back to juniors.

Hexy has said he doesn't believe in the 9 game tryout.  He's either ready to stay for the season or he's not and will be sent back to Junior.

Archived