The "Yay, I'm Crowing" and "Dam I'm Griping" Fantasy Hockey 2016-17 Thread

TropicalFruitGirl26

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I hope I snag the entire season record too by the end. I swear trusting in holtby and talbot and trading Fleury for Benn before Fleury lost his gig was the best thing ever

i wanted Holtby and Talbot...but someone nabbed them before I had a chance....wonder who that could be...:cool[1]:

My Conn Smythe team is almost identical to your All Star team....hmm  great minds think alike, :toast:

(Conn Smythe drafted before All Star)

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

WHAT A PILE OF TURD! It is like every time I play you your team goes nuclear

@yave1964

Back to back Hat tricks from Forsberg.....Hat tricks against the Avalanche should not count this year for christ sakes!

LOL !!!! ......:beer:

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

LOL !!!! ......:beer:

Here is the thing, @J0e Th0rnton and I have developed kind of a rivalry in the All Star League and in Nahana as well, every game is a fight and I have lucked into my unfair share of victories. Last year in the All Star league, J0e had traded me Quick for Kesler at the deadline and Quick got me three wins including two shutouts and I beat him by a point or two, and if I am not mistaken we had the highest points of the year against each other. It is crazy, almost every time we play it is like that, both teams always seem to have their best weeks.

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Here is the thing, @J0e Th0rnton and I have developed kind of a rivalry in the All Star League and in Nahana as well, every game is a fight and I have lucked into my unfair share of victories. Last year in the All Star league, J0e had traded me Quick for Kesler at the deadline and Quick got me three wins including two shutouts and I beat him by a point or two, and if I am not mistaken we had the highest points of the year against each other. It is crazy, almost every time we play it is like that, both teams always seem to have their best weeks.

Oh I remember that trade very well.. :)  @J0e Th0rnton is still kicking himself over that trade.  It was like a heavyweight fight between 2 giants in the All Star Finals last year.  I just had to chuckle as it was happening again... :)

Here's to the 2 of you :toast: for being great friends and competitors and giving us some memorable FHL matchups. :)

Since I already clinched the prez trophy, all my moves now are in preparation for the 3 playoff weeks. My team might not be as strong as usual the next 3 weeks.

Nobody is responding to my trade offers either lol. Dangling scheifele for a RW to replace the injured stone

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Since I already clinched the prez trophy, all my moves now are in preparation for the 3 playoff weeks. My team might not be as strong as usual the next 3 weeks.

Nobody is responding to my trade offers either lol. Dangling scheifele for a RW to replace the injured stone

I didn't receive any trade offers.... I'll trade ya any of my RW for Scheifele.  :IDunnoSmiley:

13 hours ago, hf101 said:

Looks like after this week there might be a 5-way tie for 6th place.

I believe you are correct ...if the score hold up this is the standings after this week ...

Halifax Sharknado (J0e)

Green Star Blades (TFG)

Leafs Nation Eh

Dumpster Fire (FD19372)

Philly Legend

The Whiskey Sticks (AJGoal)

Ewing Oilers (JR Ewing)

Putting on the Foil (yave1964)

Slick Sticks (hf101)

Ded Flatbird (pilldoc)

NYC Bakanekimiwa

Bambi On Ice is back

I say the last 3 weeks will get REAL interesting to see who does or does not make the playoffs.  Can you say parity????

Don't ask me on tie breakers because I don't have a clue! :dizzysmiley-1:

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

How many teams in Conn Smythe move to the allstar division?  I don't remember.

Top 3 teams from both the Conn Smythe and the Jack Adams move up to the All Star League and the bottom 6 are relegated to each of these leagues next season.

A bit of "crowing"....

My Green Star Blades, just 4 weeks ago, were under .500 and I thought that perhaps I was in over my head playing with the big boys in All Star.

Well, 4 weeks worth of wins later, and my team sits 2nd only behind the Sharknados who have sewn up the top spot, and I am on my way (it seems) to a 5th straight week win, that would put my team at a solid 12-8 with just two weeks after that before the playoffs.

Now, I realize the All Star league has very good parity this year (a GOOD thing!), and teams from my position (2nd) all the way down to 11th are only separated by 3 games currently, so I won't be sitting on any laurels or think I have things completely in hand.

Time is running out on those teams looking to get in, the musical chairs game many of the teams are playing in All Stars will eventually have the music stop, and some will just barely miss the playoffs, while others barely make it in.

I am glad my team has gotten it's schtick together.

Some better performances by my guys and some better planning on my part have hopefully combined to keep focused on the All Star title.

Kudos to @J0e Th0rnton and his Sharknados who have paced the division all season, but I will leave him with this bit:

I chased Bambi all season last year, never caught him in the standings....but then we met in the playoff Finals, and I put him away.

You have been warned, good sir.... ;)

31 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

A bit of "crowing"....

My Green Star Blades, just 4 weeks ago, were under .500 and I thought that perhaps I was in over my head playing with the big boys in All Star.

Well, 4 weeks worth of wins later, and my team sits 2nd only behind the Sharknados who have sewn up the top spot, and I am on my way (it seems) to a 5th straight week win, that would put my team at a solid 12-8 with just two weeks after that before the playoffs.

Now, I realize the All Star league has very good parity this year (a GOOD thing!), and teams from my position (2nd) all the way down to 11th are only separated by 3 games currently, so I won't be sitting on any laurels or think I have things completely in hand.

Time is running out on those teams looking to get in, the musical chairs game many of the teams are playing in All Stars will eventually have the music stop, and some will just barely miss the playoffs, while others barely make it in.

I am glad my team has gotten it's schtick together.

Some better performances by my guys and some better planning on my part have hopefully combined to keep focused on the All Star title.

Kudos to @J0e Th0rnton and his Sharknados who have paced the division all season, but I will leave him with this bit:

I chased Bambi all season last year, never caught him in the standings....but then we met in the playoff Finals, and I put him away.

You have been warned, good sir.... ;)

Crushing me this week.... praying for a miracle. I've scratched and clawed all year with sub optimal team. I knew this week was gonna be hard....

• 2 weeks later...

Well that sucked!  I have been officially eliminated from the All Star League Playoffs .... :rage: Which means my Ded Flatbird team is relegated to Conn Smythe next year.  Hoping my Divine Swine team finishes top 3 and gets to move up to All Star. 

Oh well....life goes on ....

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Well that sucked!  I have been officially eliminated from the All Star League Playoffs .... :rage: Which means my Ded Flatbird team is relegated to Conn Smythe next year.  Hoping my Divine Swine team finishes top 3 and gets to move up to All Star. 

Even if Bak, JR and Whiskey all lose this week and tie you?

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I think Slick Sticks is toast too. 

Archived