Game #12 - Flyers (3) at Islanders (2) - Nov 3, 2016 @ 7:00 ET

brelic

Oh and there is an entire section of seats over the goalie that comes out like 10' over the net so you can't even see the action for 1/2 the game. 

Image result for barclays center hockey game blind spot

And how about the c-sucker that threw something at Read after the game? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

And how about the c-sucker that threw something at Read after the game? 

What was that even about, do you know?   Was it directed at Read, do you think, or just at any Flyer jersey?

That stadium is ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

What was that even about, do you know?   Was it directed at Read, do you think, or just at any Flyer jersey?

That stadium is ridiculous.

ANy Flyers jersey. Lappy also was in the cross hairs

2 hours ago, icehole said:

Who the F designed the Barclay center?  From the first time I saw that place last year, it looks dark, there's a random car in the corner that probably takes the place of 1000 seats, and the ice is terrible.  Bundy said the ice has PVC under it which isn't up to NHL standards.  The place was built 2 years ago...how did someone not question that decision?!

I was involved in the deaign/construction of the PPL center (phantoms arena).  Although I had nothing to do with the ice surface, I think they used tubing (copper or stainless) filled with glycol under the ice.  I imagine running 1/4" metal tubing filled with glycol evenly across the ice is a lot more efficient at cooling than running a larger size PVC line filled with something else.

It was never intended to be a hockey arena - it was designed to be a basketball arena that could do concerts.

The Islanders retrofitted their way into it to get away from the Nassau Coliseum.

Now they're talking about building a whole new venue.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/19/islanders-barclays-eye-escape-clause-to-get-team-out-of-brooklyn/

Which, naturally isn't endearing them to the locals.

On 11/4/2016 at 0:00 PM, OccamsRazor said:

:beer:

Is there any goalie on the planet that would have *not* fallen for that backhand fake?  You kinda have to cover it, in case he does go backhand....and then the switch to forehand so quick and seamless, just wicked stuff.

Archived