Morin Recalled

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Step back and hide all the sharp objects.

It will be ok.

It always is.

The sun will rise tomorrow....and if not it's Lindros' Giroux's fault!!! 

They scored six goals in five games against the third worst team in hockey.

#consistent

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, radoran said:

They scored six goals in five games against the third worst team in hockey.

#consistent

It's all good.  Their coach benched one of their top forwards, cause of a dumb penalty.  Who care if we score or win a game, or heck, even play to win the game????? Just look at the 5 skaters the last shift of regulation.  :bonkingheadonwall:

None of it matters because Hak is great at developing young talent.  :DohSmiley:

3 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

It's all good.  Their coach benched one of their top forwards, cause of a dumb penalty.  Who care if we score or win a game, or heck, even play to win the game????? Just look at the 5 skaters the last shift of regulation.  :bonkingheadonwall:

None of it matters because Hak is great at developing young talent.  :DohSmiley:

Exactly.

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Exactly.

I'm not in the fire Hakstol camp...yet.  But IMHO, he's on a short leash next year.  Not saying Hextall has him on one, just as far as I'm concerned.  I've not been impressed with him this year--for all the reasons we've been discussing here.  But his constant singling out of young players, and apparent ignoring of vets making the same mistakes is ridiculous.  If we as "dumb fans" notice it, I can only imagine what the locker room must think of it.

My buddy/I were discussing the other day.  Makes you wonder about all those bridesmaids appearances of UND in the Frozen Four, but  they win it all the year after he left.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Cause/effect?  Maybe.  

20 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'm not in the fire Hakstol camp...yet.  But IMHO, he's on a short leash next year.  Not saying Hextall has him on one, just as far as I'm concerned.  I've not been impressed with him this year--for all the reasons we've been discussing here.  But his constant singling out of young players, and apparent ignoring of vets making the same mistakes is ridiculous.  If we as "dumb fans" notice it, I can only imagine what the locker room must think of it.

My buddy/I were discussing the other day.  Makes you wonder about all those bridesmaids appearances of UND in the Frozen Four, but  they win it all the year after he left.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Cause/effect?  Maybe.  

Good post. Interesting. 

In theory, Hak is the right guy at the right time: grooming all this young talent we have amassed, especially on D. But, I agree, some of his decisions have been just plain bizarre. I feel like we are missing part of the story, that there's some other dynamic at play, that there's method to his madness. But one can only feel that way for so long...

28 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'm not in the fire Hakstol camp...yet.  But IMHO, he's on a short leash next year.  Not saying Hextall has him on one, just as far as I'm concerned.

Well, that keeps with the pattern.

2017 - goalie

2018 - coach

They'll get it right eventually...

:ph34r::cheers:

1 hour ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'm not in the fire Hakstol camp...yet.  But IMHO, he's on a short leash next year

He needs to stay a little while.  I just realized a few days ago that my neighbors (not next door; down the street) know Hakstol's parents.  I haven't had the chance to score tickets yet.

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

So, Sam Morin...

I only saw the second period, but, I thought he looked pretty ready for the NHL.

He's huge, I was impressed by his skating, getting back vs Taylor Hall and making a play was pretty cool to see, that's a lot of dude moving that fast. 

He does not appear to be "big for no reason" as @mkscrewy might say.

He goes and gets the puck along the boards and if you're battling him for it, be ready to get worked.

I know, super small sample size, however, I thought the young man made a pretty good first impression for a "project".

I'm sure as he plays more he'll make mistake,s everyone does, but he showed a + compete level and that always plays well with me.

I saw a little bit of the game including the breakaway breakup. He threw his body around a bit and got knocked around a little. Not a bad debut for a young guy.

1 hour ago, NoVaFlyerFan said:

One and done?  Or is this a means to help the Phantoms make the AHL playoffs?

I think this was the plan. To let him play this one with Lehigh and then back up to the Flyers for the weekend and then back to Lehigh. 

2 hours ago, NoVaFlyerFan said:

I think he could be back for the next game he is playing tonight against Hershey it why they were loaned not sent back.

Friedman is not yet in the lineup and Will O'neill is still hurt. Need the Dmen.

13 hours ago, NoVaFlyerFan said:

I think he was sent back because they had a big game with Hershey last night(lost in OT), and another one tomorrow vs the SWB Pens.  @radoran suggested he may come back up for the Flyers weekend games, which I also think is probably the case.

45 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I think he was sent back because they had a big game with Hershey last night(lost in OT), and another one tomorrow vs the SWB Pens.  @radoran suggested he may come back up for the Flyers weekend games, which I also think is probably the case.

McDonald and Morin were both "loaned" to the AHL so I expect to see them back up this weekend.

Sorry but if they want me to watch i'd rather watch Morin. Manning is nothing more than a 7th Dman. That is all.

Edit: In fact in my opinion if Manning or Mcdud is dressing on opening night in the top 6 next year they are already taking a step back.

IF Morin is not in the Lineup this weekend.. I think a collective brain storming session of the all the flyers fan and collect donations to buy this GD team!  

As far as Mcdud being back in the lineup, well I don't see them eating that money... I'll say it again this team needs an enema! It needs some serious players, so far I can only point at Hakstal so much.  His top guys are really not top guys for the most part.. as stupid as it sounds I'd put G on the 3rd line (since thats how he plays) put Vecchione on the 2nd line and Couts on 4th.  Shake it up experiment with it.. you know what you're getting out of G and that's +/- in the negative (I think it's like 6 out of 10 season he was).  Send him a message.. he wants to be a harda$$ with the youth?  well he should be doing it to the guy with the C imo.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry but if they want me to watch i'd rather watch Morin. Manning is nothing more than a 7th Dman. That is all.

Edit: In fact in my opinion if Manning or Mcdud is dressing on opening night in the top 6 next year they are already taking a step back.

It will likely have a lot more to do with where the Phantoms are.

They have five games left and need (if I'm reading this right) five points to clinch a playoff spot - less if Hershey loses some games. The Bears have four to play.

If the Phantoms beat the Pens on Friday and the Bears lose to Rochester (neither is close to a guarantee) you may see Morin back on Saturday.

I'd think he plays Sunday regardless.

Get used to #47. He ain't going nowhere.

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

Get used to #47. He ain't going nowhere.

Their best chance to get rid of him was to have someone shred his passport when he got married in the Bahamas.

2 hours ago, peter679 said:

IF Morin is not in the Lineup this weekend.. I think a collective brain storming session of the all the flyers fan and collect donations to buy this GD team!  

As far as Mcdud being back in the lineup, well I don't see them eating that money... I'll say it again this team needs an enema! It needs some serious players, so far I can only point at Hakstal so much.  His top guys are really not top guys for the most part.. as stupid as it sounds I'd put G on the 3rd line (since thats how he plays) put Vecchione on the 2nd line and Couts on 4th.  Shake it up experiment with it.. you know what you're getting out of G and that's +/- in the negative (I think it's like 6 out of 10 season he was).  Send him a message.. he wants to be a harda$$ with the youth?  well he should be doing it to the guy with the C imo.

If Morin isn't in the lineup because he's more helpful to the Phantoms who are trying to win a Calder Cup than it would be to his career to play a few meaningless games for the Flyers, I have absolutely no problem with that.  Yes it's the AHL, but winning means something and I'd just as soon have a guy get a little more experience trying to win than more experience playing lame hockey that no one will give a crap about just because it's supposedly at the NHL level.

Look at how the rest of his team played after being eliminated?  You think the last two games are going to be really competitive learning sessions for the kid?  

If he plays, great.  but if they decide the phantoms need him healthy and rested instead... I'm really fine with that.  I really am.

Well not sure what they are waiting for on Friedman i would prefer he get his feet wet in a regular season game than a playoff game. They play him they could afford to spare Morin for the Flyers. Willcox is available too. 

It's looking like a matchup with Providence anyways.

Archived