2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh vs Nashville

hf101

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins Lords Stanley Cup?

• Penguins sweep 4-0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Nashville sweep 4-0
    • Nashville in 5
    • Nashville in 6
    • Nashville in 7

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I wonder if Nashville's physical play is starting to effect the Pen's defense.  I thought Doumolin has been  really good this series but he's been paying a huge price nearly every time he touches the puck, It seemed to me that as the game wore on last night I heard his name less and less... I didn't think I heard Daley's name a whole lot either, those guys have been up against it the whole tournament I wonder if the grind is getting to them. 

Considering that they've already gone through Columbus, Washington and Ottawa, all of which played a very physical game against the defense, it been taking its toll for some time now.   With the lack of Letang, the Pens defense pins and protects the puck instead of trying to move it quickly.  This has left them open for loads of big hits. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the slow defense looks like its finally caught up to the Penguins this series.    Way too much time being spent trying to get the puck out of their own zone by defenseman who can skate of simply clear the puck.  The Preds will continue to go after them hard.    Murray is going to have to stand on his head if the defense keeps this up. 

14 hours ago, Samifan said:

On a lighter note.......

Mrs. Dion Phaneuf (Elisha Cuthbert) is up there too. I wonder if she lost points because she dated Sean Avery?

14 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Mrs. Dion Phaneuf (Elisha Cuthbert) is up there too. I wonder if she lost points because she dated Sean Avery?

#sloppyseconds

Another lopsided game for the home team tonight.   Didn't expect it this game, but I'll take it.  Gotta be the end for Rinne for Conn Smythe, but if the Preds DO win games six and seven, who would get it?   

Special shout out to Kunitz tonight who played a great physical game tonight and made the Preds defense pay. 

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

Gotta be the end for Rinne for Conn Smythe

Nonsense if the Pens end up winning (which is looking increasingly likely) Rinne should still take the Conn Smythe as he has been the MVP for the Pens so far.  In fact rather than Bettman present them the Cup Rinne might as well do the presentation as he has practically handed it to them anyway in the games the Preds have lost.

4 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

Nonsense if the Pens end up winning (which is looking increasingly likely) Rinne should still take the Conn Smythe as he has been the MVP for the Pens so far.  In fact rather than Bettman present them the Cup Rinne might as well do the presentation as he has practically handed it to them anyway in the games the Preds have lost.

Rinne must have nightmares about playing in Pittsburgh.  He has a career save percentage of .822 in Pittsburgh while allowing 24 goals on 135 shots.  Yikes.

34 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Rinne must have nightmares about playing in Pittsburgh.  He has a career save percentage of .822 in Pittsburgh while allowing 24 goals on 135 shots.  Yikes.

Career GAA of 5.44. 

Didn't realize Sissons received a match penalty for the crosscheck to Maatta's nose at the end of the game.   NHL will probably review that and rescind the automatic one game suspension.  But you never know with the DoPeS.

15 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Didn't realize Sissons received a match penalty for the crosscheck to Maatta's nose at the end of the game.   NHL will probably review that and rescind the automatic one game suspension.  But you never know with the DoPeS.

I think they should. It was "bad" but it wasn't "that" bad.

I expect a Nashville win for Game #6.  Throughout this entire playoffs this year, the team that was on the short end of a blow out has come back to win the next game.  I see a 4-2 Preds win in Nashville for Game #6.  I believe there will be a Game 7 in Pittsburgh and Rinne is going to have to learn how to win on the road in Pittsburgh.

9 hours ago, nossagog said:

Another lopsided game for the home team tonight.   Didn't expect it this game, but I'll take it.  Gotta be the end for Rinne for Conn Smythe, but if the Preds DO win games six and seven, who would get it?   

Special shout out to Kunitz tonight who played a great physical game tonight and made the Preds defense pay. 

Kunitz was a one-man wrecking ball out there last night. It seemed to me that part of the Pens' game plan was to throw the Predators' physicality back at them. The Predators didn't seemed to handle it well. They need to keep it up in Game 6 or we'll be coming back home 3-3.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet Rinne bounces back.

3 minutes ago, B21 said:

Kunitz was a one-man wrecking ball out there last night. It seemed to me that part of the Pens' game plan was to throw the Predators' physicality back at them. The Predators didn't seemed to handle it well. They need to keep it up in Game 6 or we'll be coming back home 3-3.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet Rinne bounces back.

I really think that last change has a huge effect on this series. Both coaches have been able to take advantage of matchups.

Doesn't bode well for the Preds in a Game 7 - especially if Rinne keeps up his Pittsburgh Flu.

On the plus side for you guys, they'd win the Cup in Steeltown.

Been a great series to watch.

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I really think that last change has a huge effect on this series. Both coaches have been able to take advantage of matchups.

Doesn't bode well for the Preds in a Game 7 - especially if Rinne keeps up his Pittsburgh Flu.

On the plus side for you guys, they'd win the Cup in Steeltown.

Been a great series to watch.

Agree 100% on the match-ups though if Ryan Ellis misses Game 6 that will put a big dent in the Predators D and match-up plans.

4 hours ago, B21 said:

Agree 100% on the match-ups though if Ryan Ellis misses Game 6 that will put a big dent in the Predators D and match-up plans.

I didn't watch the game, what happened to Ellis that he may miss game 6 ?

Archived