Starting Goalie

jkgrossman

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Now there is a guy with some damn sense.  Miller is way better than Elliot  So how reliable is this info on him going to Anaheim?  I hope its not true but one year?   Not a big contract.  And he is OK sitting on the bench?  Not the Miller I remember

HJ...

Miller will be fine in Anaheim.

He will be playing for a contender there and will be happy in his home life in California.

Oh, and 2009 called.

They'd like you to let Ryan move on.

Thank you.  ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Miller is way better than Elliot  

Not. Really?? Miller couldn't even post a 900 save percentage with the Blues as good as they are you know.......

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

HJ...

Miller will be fine in Anaheim.

He will be playing for a contender there and will be happy in his home life in California.

Oh, and 2009 called.

They'd like you to let Ryan move on.

Thank you.  ;)

Buffalo may be a contender far sooner than you wish to admit

8 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Buffalo may be a contender far sooner than you wish to admit

We can't hear you, we have plugged our ears with our multiple Stanley Cup rings!!  

13 hours ago, jammer2 said:

We can't hear you, we have plugged our ears with our multiple Stanley Cup rings!!  

You are referring to 1975?  Its like me referring to my Orioles beating your Phillies in 83  Both a long long time ago

14 hours ago, jammer2 said:

That's some really oldass metal to be sticking in your ears.

12 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You are referring to 1975?  Its like me referring to my Orioles beating your Phillies in 83  Both a long long time ago

On the other hand, at least both teams in your example have ever won something (okay, in the Phillies--and Flyers--case rarely, but they have).

The Sabres?  Nadda.

In honesty, the Sabres should be in that conversation in a couple of years, though, so...

26 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

On the other hand, at least both teams in your example have ever won something (okay, in the Phillies--and Flyers--case rarely, but they have).

The Sabres?  Nadda.

In honesty, the Sabres should be in that conversation in a couple of years, though, so...

Well I say they make it to the finals before Philly.  We will see. In 75 we were a 5 year expansion team and made it almost all the way.  I have said and anyone that watched that series knows  the onlyi reason we lost was Parent.  Period.  We had the better team. But I will not say we were the better team in 99.  But we certainly could have beaten them.  If that puck Patrick shot had gone in rather than hit the post? Or if they actually stuck to the rules of the day, Hull's goal would not have counted. Do you remember how many goals in that same situation were called back that year?  Plenty.  But they were tired and it was in the wee hours and it was easier to just hand Dallas the Cup.

37 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well I say they make it to the finals before Philly.  We will see. In 75 we were a 5 year expansion team and made it almost all the way.  I have said and anyone that watched that series knows  the onlyi reason we lost was Parent.

The part about making it to the finals before Philly:   I don't see why not.  I mean, it's probably even money either way, especially because either has a landmine to go through in the east.    But I wouldn't argue this one.  The Sabres still have a bit of work to do (obviously, so do the Flyers) but they're getting there.

The 1975 part.  Get a rink that is built to actually play a professional sport in and that series is even shorter.  The Sabres had a good team or they wouldn't have been there, and of course Parent had quite a bit to do with it, but the Sabres weren't the better team.   The Flyers were winning back-to-back and went to the finals the following year.  The Sabres were none and done.

I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night, but that isn't reality.

7 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Tigers fan.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Still waiting to see how much/how long Lehner gets on his next contract with Buffalo. I'm thinking 3x3.

Of Elliott and Lehner, Philly may actually have the better goalie. 

Archived